Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329208 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2160 on: April 09, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »

You get going to the villa, and for safe-keeping you keep TW next to you in the passenger seat.
Having a bunch of voices arguing about her continued existence in your head is rather maddening.
You are planning on taking me out of the picture as soon as I do something dangerous, isn't it. She says with her old monotone.
Well, it isn't your fault. For that matter, do you know how to enchant things?
Nope.
That's... rather blunt.
They didn't teach me that, and it's a process that takes can days, even months, to perfect. Don't avoid my question.
Are you planning anything?
If I was, I wouldn't be telling you,would I? For that matter, I am avoiding plan-making.

Avoiding?
A sort of defense mechanism against my indoctrination. If I don't think ahead, I won't plan on killing you.
Real comforting.
That final bout of sarcasm casts a silence over the rest of the way to the villa.

Entering the villa was easy, as the only thing in the way was a bunch of cob-webs.
I HATE spiders.
I used it as proof to my religion teacher that god's an asshole.
How did that work out?
We got a rant about how they are needed for ecosystem. He fell silent after I asked why god made them so repulsive to us.
Not a very good teacher, was he?

It's a pretty basic villa, but you might want to explore in a certain way, before you start your plans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 09, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »

Secure doors, windows etc on ground first.
Check the attic for anything that might be up.
Then the basement because that's where our dungeon boss is isn't it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 09, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

see if the rooms dont fir the space, i.e., too small.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 09, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »

I know this will never make it past the other voices, but we need to put up fly strips, spit on some old meat, and leave it out to spoil.  Recover modified flies, toss them into the fresher webs, wait for them to be eaten. MUTANT ZOMBIE SPIDERS!  It'll be like the ants only with greater mobility, not least because they can fly.

Also we really should consider encouraging Whisper to study up on the philosophy that all suffering comes from desire, and the implications there.  If she can quiet both, it should help her to put aside or ignore her conditioning so she's no longer a danger to herself and others.

Also also, check out our new base thoroughly.  First the basic new renter's/owner's walk-through, looking for features and potential problems.  Then a second trip looking for oddities like scrape marks where there are no (obvious) doors, missing rooms possibly indicated by walls that extend too far into the visible rooms, plumbing or wiring that goes nowhere that makes sense, etc.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 09, 2013, 06:18:27 pm »

I second all of the above whole-heartedly. Back to making insane and quite possibly pointless plans! FOR SCIENCE!!!!
.....Um....I mean, yeah, what he said!
<.<
>.>
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:19 pm »

You give a heavy check throughout the place, checking for anything unusual. When you push against a strangely-placed pillar, you find that it opens....
The floor from under you.
You fail to grab hold of the floorboards, and land with a rather sickening crunch. Looks like you broke an ankle, or at least a ligament.(rolls:1 then 2)
The shock finally wears off, and then you notice that you are also impaled on a bit of metal. That was enough for even your enhanced pain resistance to handle, and you scream in agony.
Whisper gets in the basement first, and wastes no time in removing the pole by pulling you off with some telekinesis. You faint after that.

Don't be sad. If you weren't a mutated member of the undead, that would have killed you, without question. While the wounds from the bear certainly don't help, they don't go to your insides, so it doesn't end up killing you.
Barely.
When you wake up, you are blind. You know how, after you press your eyes with your fingers for a while you get those dots? Imagine your entire vision filled with it.
Just hold still...Ave him! You fi.......
You can barely hear them. You slowly regain your sight, and see Theresa is in the middle of healing you. She looks as emotionless as ever, but she's notable paler then usual.

He's back! You saved him! HAHA! YES!
Diane looks very skipper.
C-uh.....Ca-
You cough up a little blood. You clear your throat a bit, ignoring the fact that the blood doesn't taste half-bad for you.
Can we...
What is it? Tell me.
Not do that...again?
everyone laughs, although rather out of stress then actual humor.

This should fix you after a few hours, though by that I mean, you'll be mobile. Without your regen, this wouldn't have worked. You'd just bleed to death internally. You'll have to take it easy for a week or so.
Just tell the zeds what to do. They're all standing here, looking real worried. Except tha banshee, though I'm pretty sure that thing can't physically make a different face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

"Steak.  I need steak, blue rare.  Or live meat, but that fights back.  Harder to chew, too.  Just anything with blood.

Revise that.  I need a side of beef, a gallon of whiskey, and a bed for a week.

And to both of you, I need to say: thanks.  You didn't have to do that but you did anyway."

(Yes, I know you can't directly replace blood that way, and even if we were invoking fantasy creature rules, we are not a vampire.  But I assume that creating a bunch of new blood for ourselves is going to deplete us of the minerals and other nutrients in blood, and it would be a good idea to stock up on those so we don't run out.  Whoever heard of a zombie with an iron deficiency?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:52:58 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 12, 2013, 05:24:19 am »

Eeyup. I agree. I don't know if I've said this before, but I'm a long-term plan guy.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 12, 2013, 07:49:50 am »

IHATEDICEIHATEDICEIHATEDICE

But let's get a lift from some zombies to somewhere safe where we can rest comfortably for a while. Get everyone set on securing doors, windows etc to turn this place into a secure base. Also to check out whatever was being kept in the basement, underneath the trapdoor. Once we know what's throughout the house we can kick this into HORDE MANAGEMENT MODE wooooooo!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 12, 2013, 08:28:44 am »

Hug both of them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28:59 pm »

Can we try to hug the horde? also, find out what the fuck that was.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 12, 2013, 07:32:24 pm »

find out what the fuck that was.
*Send someone else to find out what the fuck that was
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:58 am »

find out what the fuck that was.
*Send someone else to find out what the fuck that was
Agreed, and get some raw, bloody meat. For food, replenishing our blood supply is important. And more materials for our body might help.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 15, 2013, 10:32:43 am »

I'd hug all of you, but I can't feel my legs right now. For that matter, I think I'm going to need some new materials in my body.
That you do. I considered stealing a cow, but there's nothing in the way of farmers nearby. I'm just going to gather up money from the zombies until I have enough for dinner.
We could just use someone as dinner for him. Though getting some food for us two wouldn't a bad idea.
Erm, I eat human too. It tastes like chicken, but there's a lot of it. I can cook it, as well.
TW raises an eyebrow, but seems just holds her hands in the air and continues fixing you
Alright, so. The hole I fell through, was it structural weakness or something else. I'd check it myself, but I'm pretty sure I'd just fall through it again.

The banshee checks on it from down here, using his freakish length. It looks like it was just some structural weakness.
Strange how it was so precise, then. It was probably some kind of prank that was a bit more lethal then expected. Without the rebar impaling you it wouldn't have been so bad. Well!
She starts looting the zombies for money, while TW is done closing the wounds. She looks a bit drained by the experience.
Some food would be very welcome, right now. I'm famished.
Diane already left to go "shopping".

You can probably get up, provided you have a zombie to help you stay up a bit.

Health:Barely alive.
Energy: Barely awake
Armor: Bulletproof vest, strong pants, good stompin' boots, Helmet.
Hunger: Hungry.
Durability level: A badger could kill you.
Inventory:4 Biobombs. 28 worms.Smith & Wesson Model 500 (loaded), 10 .50 caliber bullets,  4 ammo boxes of .50 cal ammo. MP5SFA3,  4 clips.
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security: Gone.
Rage:Ready.

Horde
6 normals ,15 armored,Snowflake, One Banshee, Blood-wing(outside, somewhere), one crawler, one dog, one brutish bear.
Closest Friend: Diane
Friend:Bennie(missing!)
Caretaker: "Theresa's Whisper"
I think.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 15, 2013, 11:21:42 am »

Wait for Diane. Chat with TW.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 257