Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329032 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »

we might want to get a place just for the living we collect.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

Dammit Diana. Freaking damage control.

Okay, give Diana a hug and say we're sorry for scaring her and tell her that we will NEVER turn her if she does not will it. Say we value her too much to risk losing her.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »

Hangon what the hell happened to charging?

Dammit i missed the update for that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:53:08 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 23, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't apologize, she basically just accused us of being a murderous parasite instead of the human we are.  A lot of perfectly normal humans hear voices... well anyway, now she knows that we take our humanity seriously, and not to question it again.

Edit: Tell her we'll give the worm to someone who actually wants and appreciates it.  We shouldn't try and convince her of our humanity right now, I think our teeth said everything we needed to say.  Move on, maybe talk to TW about what she can do for us.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:18:57 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: January 23, 2013, 03:07:29 pm »

Yes. We are definitely a human and not at all playing from the perspective of a parasite who happens to be leeching off the memories and thoughts of its host no siree.
Actually, that is probably how I will consider this story as being from now on. Not like it makes all that much of a difference.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:23 pm »

I'm personally seeing Zero as a merger between the man and the worm.  That we're the voices of the worm, guiding the greedy human in his quest for conquest.

What's more important is that it's fine to get upset at Diane over this.  She's special to us, and we'd never harm her, but her words hurt all the more because we care what she thinks.  Also because she may very well be correct.  Besides, moving on with business is probably better for her than going for a mushy apology and hug.  She needs us to be strong (though that doesn't mean forcing anything on her).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:49:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:23 pm »

You take a step backwards and apologize. You also look downwards, leading to your face being somewhat concealed due to the factory's bad lighting.
Look, I'm sorry I got angry, ok? My humanity (or lack of it, you think) is a touchy subject. Let me just bring you to your room. We'll talk along the way.
Diane is still pale, but follows you. She keeps a small distance though.
Look, I wont ask you again if you want to be infected. It's a bad subject... For both of us, I think.
Diane just nods. It's amazing how quickly she switched to "scared little girl" mode. You wish you punched the doctor harder when you captured him.

You can't find any other place with something soft to lay down on, but you do manage to find a broken down car. You rip the seats off with some pulling and fiddling with the screws. You then try to find a secluded space somewhere and create a make-shift bed.
You manage to create a cover for her out of the chairs as well. Her knife came in handy for that. She bunkers down for tonight. Some wishes of good sleep are wished for and then you're on your own.
What now?

Health:Much Better.
Energy:Sleepy.
Armor: Bulletproof vest, strong pants, good stompin' boots, Helmet.
Infectivity 35%(this basically just decides whether or not your scratches infect. i make a roll based on this percentage.)
Hunger: Well fed.
Durability level 2.5
Inventory:4 Biobombs. 28 worms.Smith & Wesson Model 500 (loaded), 10 .50 caliber bullets,  4 ammo boxes of .50 cal ammo. MP5SFA3,  4 clips.
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.
Rage: Used for today.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
/                                                            Away                                                                                  \
90-ish normals ,29 armored, 10 actors,Snowflake, One Banshee, one Giggleman. Blood-wing. 1 brute, one crawler.
Closest Friend: Diane(asleep)
Friend:Bennie(somewhere?)
Savior: "Theresa's Whisper"(asleep)
Paternal relationship: Katey.(away)
Broken hostages:Sasha Kriloff.(away)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:00 pm »

Check the rest of the factory, see if there's anywhere that would be favourable for longish-term facilities, like a better sleeping area, or maybe a workshop of some sort.
Then go to sleep because that's necessary.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:45 pm »

after checking for new skills in the horde.
Highly Opinionated Fool

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: January 23, 2013, 04:12:22 pm »

Have a time of self realisation and discovery.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1825 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »

after checking for new skills in the horde.
Ask them to dance. That's a legitimate check. And if it works we can blend in and lure unsuspecting victims by pretending to be Michael Jackson.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: January 25, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »

You go over to where a bunch of zombies are sort of zoning. They recently stopped drooling, it seems? That's great. Less stuff on the floor.
Having very little better to do with your time, you order them to dance. Most of them start doing some kind of flailing, while a group of five actually manage to do Thriller.
You wish you had a radio so hard right now. You wonder if it's because of the strange screen that came up when you inserted your worm in there. Probably. This writer's too lazy to write in journey's of self-discovery right now.
When you leave in search of better long-term stuff, you can't help but have an unmovable grin on your face.

You search the factory thoroughly, finding a few circle-saws in an equipment room. You leave them there for now. You also find a second break room on the other side of the factory from the other, on a second floor beyond a workshop.
This is so stupidly placed. You find some beer and some well-preserved sandwiches. The ladies should like that.
The best way to make up to someone is food. There is something preposterously shaming and mildly sad about that for some reason.
You climb in the rather hard couch. There are multiple springs tugging through, but comfort became secondary after your braindeadication/zombification/wormification/enteringoftheskullandproceedingtopiggybackonmemoriesication/randomcanniballismplusinfectivitycation/whateverication.
You fall asleep.
What to do when you wake up?

Stats+equipment.
Horde status
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: January 25, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

This factory is about as well laid out as a dwarvern fortress.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25:25 pm »

Take the food to the ladies, avoid the issue from last night, look for ghost buddy.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: January 25, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »

then test for skills in the horde.
see if any can talk.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 257