Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Freeform Adventure RTD! (Closed)  (Read 9794 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Day 2
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

Woah wait, I thought buying items were already one turn?

Buying turns/Battle turns/Movement turns are not turns themselves, they just keep things tidy.

When I say a turn passes we are talking days. Maybe I should change it to Day?
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2012, 02:02:32 pm »

I think you should, for clarity's sake.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Turn 1
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2012, 05:13:41 pm »

Fronzang will finish his drink, bid the lovely greenskinned barkeep a good day, and head on out to look about the little town, probably staggering a bit as the alchohol takes effect. He'll see what (if anything) is going on about the place, listen to any gossip, try and find out a bit about this Lord fellow. He won't go wandering up to the estate just yet, he'll just wander around town to clear his head first.
"Oh, brilliant! A job, per'aps! Maybe he'll put me in charge of... Of ceremonies, 'r diplomacy or somethin'!" Fronzang grins to himself a bit tipsily as he thinks things over. He feels a bit more optimistic about his current situation.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:26 pm »

Quickly observing the situation, Darius quickly decided on the most dramatic course of action for him and his mercs- he was a Hero!, after all, and Heroes! needed to be rather dramatic.

"This way!" he called to his two mercenary companions as he moved to engage the lieutenant. Striking a heroic pose, somewhat lessened by the fact that his weapon was a small dagger, Darius called out to him.

"Justice has come for you, scoundrel! Prepare to taste defeat!"

With the theatrics out of the way, Darius then attempted to stab him in the hands or arms. It was harder to stab him back that way.

Stab lieutenant in hands/arms. Order mercenaries to attack him as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Day 2 Jail and Battles!
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 10:37:03 pm »

Without alerting the other adventurers, or bandits, find a nearby water hole, a stream, anything.  Get water, in any way.

I forgot to get bottles didn't I? 
Oh yes, he forgot to get those bottles, and now he needed to use survival(Survival 1-1=0). He finds some liquid that sort of looks like water, drinking the small puddle proved to be... fun. It was a little hole the bandits made for their piss. You just drank old, rancid piss. But now that he was sneaking(Sneak 5). He at least manages to stay out of sight, but he couldn't see them anymore either, he managed to get behind a bush away from the fight, but it was thin, and he couldn't poke his head out less he wanted to be part of the fight.

Fill bottles with water, then head out into the forest and try to track the cannibal.
Filling his bottles from the town well, Grem heads out of town towards the forest to track the cannibal. But the cannibal surprises him(Sneak 3). You dodge it, scratching your flesh slightly. It was an Iron arrow. You seem him nearby the trees, a crazed grin on his face. He was readying another shot.
Battle with Elf Archer
1.Male Elf Archer, Peasant clothes(+0), Wooden bow, 24 Iron arrows.
Battle initiative Elf Archer rolls 2
Adventurers roll 1
Elf goes first.

The Elf Archer takes aim to shoot once more now. (Roll 1) He misses completely, but he is rearming himself for another round now. Readying for Grem.

Fronzang will finish his drink, bid the lovely greenskinned barkeep a good day, and head on out to look about the little town, probably staggering a bit as the alchohol takes effect. He'll see what (if anything) is going on about the place, listen to any gossip, try and find out a bit about this Lord fellow. He won't go wandering up to the estate just yet, he'll just wander around town to clear his head first.
"Oh, brilliant! A job, per'aps! Maybe he'll put me in charge of... Of ceremonies, 'r diplomacy or somethin'!" Fronzang grins to himself a bit tipsily as he thinks things over. He feels a bit more optimistic about his current situation.
Fronzang goes around trying to find out information from people(Speech 2-2=0). Waving to some of the humans, he attempts to talk to him, but they run away screaming. "Guards, we are being mugged!" It doesn't take very long for five guards to show up. Fronzang is told by them, "Lay any weapons you have on the ground! Come with us quietly and nobody gets hurt." All male humans they are armed with full iron armor and each has the following:
1.Human Guard, Iron Helmet, Iron Plate Mail, Iron Grieves, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Sword.
2.Human Guard, Iron Helmet, Iron Plate Mail, Iron Grieves, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Pike.
3.Human Guard, Iron Helmet, Iron Plate Mail, Iron Grieves, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Sword.
4.Human Guard, Iron Helmet, Iron Plate Mail, Iron Grieves, Iron Gauntlets, Wooden Bow, Leather Quiver-10 Iron Arrows.
5.Human Guard, Iron Helmet, Iron Plate Mail, Iron Grieves, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Spear.

Head out from the city, but replenish my supplies first (water in bottles and such).
Buying a couple of Bottles, you head out of the city with some food and water. Not really knowing where you are going you decide to head Northeast to go inland.

Sinpwn attacks with two forks(Roll 6+1=7)(Roll4+1=5) on Goblin 6-One eye is completely gouged, the other ripped a nice scar around his eye causing blood, your ripped his eye. Goblin is pretty pissed and counters, you unable to defend yourself with both your arms busy. He takes his stick and attempts to swing at your legs(Roll 1-2(Sight loss)=0). He swings around and manages to tumble over on the ground hitting his head off of a rock and laying there unconscious. He is defeated for now.

law attacks with two iron knives(Roll 2+1=3)(Roll 1+1=2) on Human 5-Hilda rushes the human with her dwarven might. She knicks the human in the stomach but he jumps back causing the second dagger to miss completely. Human is now able to counter with her being defenseless. The Human swings his thick stick at her left arm(Roll 6). The thick stick cracks off of Hilda's arm, and a numbing and painful sensation comes over her and she screams in pain. Her left forearm is now broken. Forcibly one of her daggers drops and now she is left with the one in her right hand.

Maxinum attacks with hatchet on Human 3-Human 3 has a long staff and is able to strike first(Roll 6). Aiming for the torso he cracks a couple of ribs, they puncture on of your lungs. Natthias then attacks, extra hand over his new injuries. This doesnt cause him to lose anything thankfully(Roll 3). He goes to slice him and the human uses his staff to block your wrist and push it back, this causes a small cut on his wrist.

scriver attacks with pitchfork(Roll 6+1=7) on Goblin Leader 1- The three spear tips enter his leg horridly. His leg not only breaks from the downward force, causing him to fall to the ground, he is now pinned by the trident. He is unable to move for an extra turn. However he throws his spear in retaliation and frustration(Roll 1). He misses completely and it lands into the ground harmlessly now. He begins to struggle with the pitchfork in his leg, beginning to bleed heavily. Applying continuous force will keep him pinned indefinitely but that means you can not leave him alone.

Superior_Tomato throws a knife while charging(Roll 6) Male Dwarf 4. The knife lodges in the left shoulder with blade in the wound. It hit just the right spot and it seems his left arm is now dead. His right hand though goes to pick up the Cleaver quickly off the ground and you stay your distance. He begins to charge at you, his left arm flapping in comedic fashion in the wind of his run(Roll 3+1). You manage to keep distance but he cuts your arm once in an attempt to make distance and defend yourself. It is fairly large and is painful.

IronyOwl attacks with Iron dagger(Roll 6) on Human Lt. 2- You hit him bad in the arm, and it causes the sensation to go numb. Though before he can attack your two companions attack as well.
Goblin Pikeman(Roll 4) Stabs him in the leg, but doesn't hit anything important, he still wont be running away.
Goblin Macewoman(Roll 6) Bashes him in the head. His head flattens and the sickening sound is followed by the thud of his falling.

Lt. is dead
Leader is pinned, bleeding
Goblin 6 is unconcious
Human 3 and 5 Begins to Retreat.
Dwarf 4 Begins to Retreat
You may run after the survivors if you please. Unconscious wont stay unconscious and pinned wont stay pinned though.
If you can manage to keep them alive, taking them to the local authorities could give you additional rewards depending on luck. Though for purposes they must at least be unconscious to be stripped.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:39:06 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:35 pm »

Yoink, you're screwed.  You better hope you can get out of this somehow, or I'm getting to join this game a little earlier than expected.  Might I recommend to stop talking to people you don't need to talk to, since you have that minus 2 speech deficit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:02:56 am by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »

Correl tries to find the path, dirt or stone, and follows it. There must be other sources of civilization here.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 11:30:47 pm »

"I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!"
Adil charges the fleeing dwarf, trying to slow him down enough so that he can get a good hit on him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2012, 11:31:55 pm »

Well, this battle was rather... abrupt. Half the bandits are dead or incapacitated and the rest are fleeing, while half of us have horrifying wounds.

"Huh. Well, good job!" Darius said to his macegoblin. "Now, after them! Let's capture them more alive this time!"

Chase after Human 3, attempt to tackle to ground and suggest coming along quietly. Advise mercs to similarly pursue and capture, though they can just bash out their legs if they prefer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

Flintus, you're screwed.  You better hope you can get out of this somehow, or I'm getting to join this game a little earlier than expected.  Might I recommend to stop talking to people you don't need to talk to, since you have that minus 2 speech deficit.

Think you have me confused with Yoink mate  ;)

And

Use the tree's for cover to try and close down the elf once in attack with the iron dagger equipped.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:19 am »

Think you have me confused with Yoink mate  ;)

And

Use the tree's for cover to try and close down the elf once in attack with the iron dagger equipped.

Ah, you're right. I was in a bit of a hurry, though.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2012, 01:20:42 am »

How did he manage to cut my arm while I was holding the cleaver?

"You can surrender now, and be bought to justice, or don't and die a horrible death. Your choice".

If the dwarf surrenders, try and find something to tie him up, or at least make sure he can't do anything for a short while, retrieve the dagger from his shoulder, and help lawa by throwing the knife into the bandits shoulder.
If the dwarf doesn't, throw the other dagger into his thigh.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2012, 02:26:22 am »

Sneak attack the closest bad guy, drink his blood. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2012, 03:59:25 am »

Victory! Am I a dwarf? I wanted to be a dwarf.

Rush after the retreating bandit and stab him in the legs with my remaining good arm!

Unless they surrender, in which case, fill my bottles with water!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2012, 04:19:37 am »

"Eh, seems I didn't get much more than much than rat catching anyway, did it? Squeal and scatter, little gutter maggots!"

If Anist can reach the spear without letting go of the pitchfork, she picks it up and points it to the goblin's neck, otherwise she just twists the pitchfork in the wound. "As for you, I think you better surrender your equipment and tell me where you keep your loot, the medical stuff first and foremost, and your foodstuffs, and we might just bring you back to town alive, now. So, how will you have it?"

((I keep going into stereotypic "Scottish" dwarf mode whenever I'm about to write something Anist says. Don't be surprised if I end up capitulating to that urge down the road ;)))
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7