Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Freeform Adventure RTD! (Closed)  (Read 9790 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 08:06:15 pm »

((I assume Anist was included in that "you", Tomato. I mean, you didn't ignore her just because she's short, did you? :P))

Anist tapped the pitch fork shaft unpatiently on the ground.

"Well, day's running away. Let's get going, shall we? And no short jokes, or the bandits won't be the only ones with a fork up their nethers come morning. Now. Anyone got any food to spare?"

Unless anyone has anything else to do, travel to the bandits with the others. I suggest we try to scout out their camp before we attack, and try to take at least one of them by surprise when they go take a piss.

@agertor - Also, Anist's a she. I know, I know, it's hard to see with the beard and all, but she gets offended so easily about those matters ;)
Also also, a good way to separate between posts is the [ hr ] tag (without the spaces of course). It's the symbol in the tool field with a line pointing two-ways.
I apologize about the she, will fix =D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:51:28 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Turn 1
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:29 pm »

"Escaped lunatic eh...?"

Down the drink bought by the strange rich man and head over to the guards. Ask about the escaped lunatic.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:44 pm »

Just follow everyone else, sneakily. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:01 pm »

"Excellent!" Darius said enthusiastically. "Let's be off then, unless you want to get more help. Which... well, there were five of them and they were wearing armor, so...

...I'll be right back."

Hire two goblin mercenaries and buy four strands of seaweed.

Also, The White Badgers of Vengeful Death would be better than Tomato ones. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 01:07:30 am »

Tiruin did not post within the 24 hour period
He will be still relaxing.

Matthias looked at the old man. He desired to fulfill the man's desire, but overhearing the group near the medical stall, he had to try his luck.
''Good sir. I will certainly cut the wood for you, on my honour. However, the medical supplied are running low and I wish to rectify this, by supporting the group about to leave. If you can give me some time, I swear I shall return and chop twice as much wood as you asked for.'' He said with everything he had.
Situation 1: The old man agrees; Matthias thanks the man gratefully, putting the axe on his belt. He comes to the group before interjecting: ''Room for one more?'' He asks cheerfully.
The old man smiles with his wrinkled face. "Yes, yes oh please do go. It is fine, I am not going anywhere. When you come back feel free to knock on the door to find me." He slowly stands up and goes to enter his home, slowly closing the door behind him.

Theoreon sets off with his group of Hilda, Adil, Matthias, Anist and Darius(being accompanied by two goblins).
They head to the east outside of the walls, It really isn't that far, hell they make it there in no time, the camp fire see in the distance, the sun is setting but is providing no cover just yet. By the time they get there, they see movement in the distance.  (Spotting 6) There is six of them huddled around. You can see that the camp in the distance is not defended, the few tents that are up are held up by wood, and there is a fire pit with a cauldron in the middle. (Luck 3)You spot one taking a leak but he goes back before you even get close enough. He is at the campfire with the others.  Two of them(Rolled 6) Notice you and alert the others. They all know you are here now. They begin to move towards you.

Battle:
1.Male Goblin Leader, Iron Spear(long reach), Leather vest (+1d torso), iron helmet(+1d head), Peasant clothes(+0d)
2.Male Human Lt., Iron Sword(slicing/stabbing), Leather vest(+1d torso) Leather gloves(+1d arms), Peasant clothes(+0d)
3.Male Human, Wooden Staff(blunt, long reach), Peasant clothes(+0d)
4.Male Dwarf, Iron Meat Cleaver(Slicing), Peasant clothes(+0d)
5.Male Human, Thick Stick(Blunt), Peasant clothes(+0d)
6.Male Goblin, Thick Stick(Blunt), Peasant clothes(+0d)

(Rolls 2 for battle initiative)
(Adventurers Roll 3, Go first)
Note. Please specify where you are attacking with your weapon. As well as who

Just follow everyone else, sneakily. 
(Sneak 5) You make a noise once while they move, but they dont seem to hear it. You shadow behind them. You see the battle beginning to happen, and still in the shadows you watch on. You can attack if you want to, but the bandits havent noticed you as well yet.

Aha! Well, that certainly worked... Fronzang grins, accepting a drink or three and drinking heartily. He shall then pour out his sad, sad tale to his new friend and anyone else who will listen, hopefully causing a few tears to spill and more drinks to come his way.
"...An' so here I am, all on me own an' outta monies. Who'd do that, anyways? Robbin' a Circus? Jus' ain't right, is it? An' then they blames me. Me, who was always makin' sure they was paid, scarin' off the bandits wif me voice an' all that! Was the one thing I liked, yaknow? Me 'true callin' or what's-ya-call-it. Wasn't abouts no money, jus' liked workin' in the Circus." He sighed sadly and took another swig of booze.
Fronzang shall happily accept any free drinks coming his way, getting thoroughly drunk whilst telling his sad story to anyone within earshot, with many grand embellishments and bitterly humorous bits.
The Large man listens to your story intently. He believes your story completely(Listening 1). He nods. "I didn't hear of that, but why else could you be here." He orders as many rounds as you need. "I must leave now, but I am the Lord of this town. Feel free to come and find me Fronzang. I may have some work for you." *You now have access to the Lord's home of Drathe.*

"Escaped lunatic eh...?"

Down the drink bought by the strange rich man and head over to the guards. Ask about the escaped lunatic.
(Speech 5-2=3) You go up to the guards and begin to ask about the escaped lunatic and they look at you. The almost completely human military force here is not trusting of Goblins. They however point you to the woods where the lunatic is hiding, but now they stare at you intently and begin to tell you. "Move along now, we haven't time for goblin scum." They do not take direct action but are very intent on making sure you aren't getting into trouble. You are lucky they didn't keep you, question and search you.

You all eat and drink if you have it.
People who didn't:
NRDL didnt drink (2 turns left til death, *doesnt include battle turns*)
Ironyowl didnt drink (2 turns left)
lawastooshort didnt drink (2 turns left)
Tiruin didnt drink (2 turns left)
scriver didnt drink (2 turns left) didnt eat (6 turns left)
Macinum didnt drink (2 turns left)
Tomato didnt drink (2 turns left)
Note: Fill bottles with water at well next time?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:08:09 am by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 02:23:17 am »

Without alerting the other adventurers, or bandits, find a nearby water hole, a stream, anything.  Get water, in any way.

I forgot to get bottles didn't I? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45:06 am »

...Wait, what? ??? I'm pretty sure drinking was what I was doing in the pub... :P
Also, I'll post an action shortly. Just got home.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2012, 02:51:57 am »

"YA FEELIN' LUCKY, PUNKS!?"
Charge the goblin with the stick and try to knock him over, then try to stab him in the eyes with the forks.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:45 am »

((No way Sinpwn. I wanted to pick on him.))

"Hyraaargghh!"

So saying, Hilda will charge valiantly towards the human (5) with a stick, performing, along the way, her shortened rendition of The Weeping Swallow Doth Burn - a moving recreation of the awful drought that blighted her homeland in the year 863 of the 4th Era - before leaping into the air and plunging a dagger into each of the human's kidneys.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 03:42:06 am »

Yeah I also had a drink? But anyways

Fill bottles with water, then head out into the forest and try to track the cannibal.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2012, 04:08:56 am »

Yeah I also had a drink? But anyways
...Wait, what? ??? I'm pretty sure drinking was what I was doing in the pub... :P

Sorry you guys are correct, fix'd. If I get things wrong feel free to tell me, I'm not perfect.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2012, 05:17:31 am »

Woah wait, I thought buying items were already one turn?

Uhh, great.

Head out from the city, but replenish my supplies first (water in bottles and such).

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:47 am »

Dear lord, the leader and lt look tough.

Matthias equips himself with his hatchet, swinging at the man with the staff. Vertical slicing into the torso which could mean hitting the arms aswell as parrying the staff.

So glad combat turns don't count to needing water and food. Forgot completely about water :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:56 am »

I guess I should have a try at the leader, seeming as I'm the only one with a long reach weapon.

Anist engages the goblin leader, aiming to stick the pitchfork in his leg and push him to the ground.
Love, scriver~

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:01 pm »

Run to the dwarf with a cleaver, throwing on dagger at his right shoulder (if the dorf is wielding the meat cleaver in his left hand, left shoulder). And keep my distance from him, keeping an eye on the lt.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7