Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Freeform Adventure RTD! (Closed)  (Read 9791 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Freeform Adventure RTD! (Closed)
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:19 am »

So welcome to the Freeform Adventure RTD, where the good guys suddenly turn bad, and some guy probably is going to get himself killed through stupidity.

Now for some information, yay:
The current age is the Iron Age, and a group of adventurers need to cause trouble, be heroes, or maybe a mixture of both. Up to who wants to join. While you may form a group together, it is not necessary. You could all be on a different adventure for all we know, on different continents, doing good, evil, or just being random. So on to choices, what to choose.

The current Map

Races:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rules!:

10: Adventurers signed up for waiting list. (I'll pm you when I have an available slot in the order of who asked.)

Dariush
Baradine
Darkfyre
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:07:30 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:39:50 am »

Character Sheets
NRDL

IronyOwl

Flintus10

Sinpwn

lawastooshort

Tiruin

scriver

Macinum McDreich

Yoink

Superior_Tomato
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:58:39 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:50 am »

Name: Agrippa Montil
Race: Human
Backstory: A psychopath, pure and simple ( I love making characters like this ), he is used to following rules, making him Lawful evil, but when not constrained with agreements, oaths, or debts, he will always find a way to better his position, usually by hurting, killing, stealing and plotting.

Looks: A small man, not very big, medium muscle, short, cropped black hair, standard clothes, to blend in with other, "normal" humans. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:11:36 am »

You sure about this? 10 players is a lot.

But sure, I guess I'll-

Now while you may ask, why would I have my character do that? Well I will tell you why. Cause that gets you a respawn. You can go ahead and play as your child afterwards if you so wish.
Wait. You have no idea what you have just done. It's dynasty time.

Name: Darius. He'll get a last name when he thinks of one. It's gotta be something good, because it's going to appear in a lot of bard's tales. Or hopefully at least an inscription or something.
Info: Black-haired, green-eyed human, sick of being a peasant. Now he's going to become a Hero! Or at least a better-armed peasant who gets killed by something interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 06:09:24 am »

Name: Grem
Race: Goblin
Info: Short with red beady eyes and a thick mess of very greasy hair. Grem is an assassin who was so terrible at his job he has now found himself on the run from a number of other assassins as well as people who survived his attempted killings.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 06:17:05 am »

Name: Adil Nilnekod
Race: Dwarf
Info: Adil is a moving mountain and opposing as one. His fighting style combines reckless swings with dangerous black magic that can be used to drive him into a frenzy or possibly even summon lesser demons.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:11:21 am »

Name: Hilda Brekfastbarr
Info: Hilda is a travelling minstrel. She knows a few folk tunes that she can pluck along to on her trusty guitar, but her real interest is in the area of expressing the sorrow and joy of her kinfolk through the medium of progressive and non-constrained dance. Her two favourite dance styles are freeform and cheerleading; her favourite colour is red; and her favourite food is Belgian curry. Her aim is to make the sorrow and joy of her kinfolk known throughout the world.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Freeform Adventure RTD! Turn 1
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:55 am »

Name: Correl Tir
Race: Elf
Appearance: Cor is tall in stature, his body colored to the hue of a summer tree's bark and his hair to a withered root. His body is built as one always knowing the benefits of constitution and survival. His eyes are colored like the setting sun-- dark-yellow or near brown. His face is shaped roughly like a V, his chin is prominent.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:12:44 am »

Name: Anist Atemdolil
Race: Dwarf
Info: Anist used to be a rat-catcher in the town, living only a step up from beggars and vagabonds on the social ladder. While she is lean for a dwarf, she is still rather sinewy and her usual mood is properly surly and dour. She has pale but weather-worn and exceedingly dirty skin, and her black hair, likewise dirty, would probably be a lot more matted and tangled if she didn't keep it short. Smells vaguely of sewage and gutter. Having had enough of ridicule and ostracism and piss-warm cheap beer she decided to leave and seek some other life elsewhere.   
Love, scriver~

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:43:16 am »

Name: Matthias Drechburn (I have GOT to start thinking of some more names)

Info: Average height, fit, ruffled brown hair with blue eyes. Matthias was a farm helper for a long time, gaining some money from some smith work or shop keeping when things got tight. He's recently let someone replace him for most of the work he did, allowing the other guy to live with some money, and for Matthias himself to leave. Having an understanding on how things are run, or could be run, he endeavors to become a Lord/Chieftain/leader-dude, minimum, and improve the lives that he can. Ofcourse, there's also a chance that the only life he'll improve is that of the vultures, but time will tell.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:08:21 pm »

In. Hopefully.

Example

Name: Theoron Whitetree
Race: Elf
Info: Tall, brown Hair, pale skin, and black eyes. Quite frankly, Theoron never cared much for other people. If they let themselves be used, it was their fault, not his. He believes in wealth above all things.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:09:15 pm by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:16 pm »

In. Hopefully.

Yep just please put some info down for your character. Before someone else does, otherwise you are gonna get put on the waiting list.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:26:38 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:55 pm »

Name: Fronzang the Magnificient
Race: Goblin
Info:

Hopefully that's all good! :) If you give goblins a penalty to speech, of course I'm gonna make a diplomatic goblin...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:12 pm »

Name: Darius.
I won't forgive you that.

Spot reserved while I write up.

Argh, didn't notice Tomato's post. Well, guess I'll pass in that case.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:24:42 pm by Dariush »

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 03:26:13 pm »

And now the ten have gathered. Welcome to the Freeform Adventure. For purposes, you are all going to start off in the same town in the same country, from there though, feel free to do as you please, and do try not to die too quickly. Events will happen even if you do not cause them, wars, bandits, merchants. I will tell you these things as you learn, hear, or see them.
Basic Money math. 100 Bronze=1 Silver : 100 Silver=1 Gold
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the Kingdom of Kraiken, it is Spring. You are unfamiliar with all of the areas of this country or any other place, but you do know that you are in the town of Drathe, a town on an island off of the mainland, made to house all sorts of races, though generally the unwanted and other species. There is not too much activity in this town, the simple trade of food and basic clothes does not offer much but at least it has a well to drink from. The recently built wooden walls hold firm for now from invaders and bandits. There is an open market. Vendors include; Food, Clothing, Weapons and Medical supplies, though they seem low. The only real buildings are homes though there is a small Inn and a Larger home to house the lord of the land. Outside of the walls the farmers are hard at work maintaining fields and the stone streets are walked by occasional merchants and people from the nearby port who fish and also trade to the mainland. What will you do?

Food Vendor currently buying(b)/selling(s):

Clothing Vendor currently buying/selling

Weapons Vendor currently buying/selling

Medical Vendor currently needing supplies.
The Female Elf that runs the shop at the moment is looking for people to get stolen medical supplies by nearby bandits. She is willing to pay 50 Gold for the whole supply to come back.

Inn currently selling
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You all may post in any order as you see fit seeing as this is the same turn for all of you. You have been given 500 Silver. Probably should buy the basics. Less you think you can do it another way. My advice is to at least buy a bag and a weapon, punching someone to death takes a while even at a critical. Food for journeys you intend to take should be brought along.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:50:34 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7