Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No space for announcements  (Read 442 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
No space for announcements
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:14:15 pm »

My announcements page is never more than three or four items long.  If I don't constantly watch the bottom of the screen, I often end up missing job cancellations and animal births, and I can't go back into the screen to check them, because they just disappear.  I don't mean I have to scroll up, I mean they literally disappear and I have no way to look at them.  I have the feeling it's related to the constant vomiting going on among all my animals and several of my dwarves.  Especially since all my combat reports constantly fill up with vomiting and retching.

My question, then, is this:  Is there a limit to the number of announcements/combat reports that can show at once, and are the combat reports and general announcements linked in this?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: No space for announcements
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:05 pm »

I believe that the announcements page refreshes itself after a certain period of time. I could be wrong.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 05:12:28 am »

they are kept for some time, and you can use the cursor to scroll up

check their wounds and status, was there a FB with a syndrome recently?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:31 am »

Is there a way to turn off the "made a masterpiece" announcement? That spam is making me mad :<

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:39:52 am »

drop the master in magma? no more masterpiece announcements, problem solved
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

SauliusTheBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42:06 am »

there is a text file in the data folder that you can use to limit what announcements come where and if they come at all, but I do have forgotten which one it is...
They died for their fellow Dwarves. They will be remembered, at least until your Dwarves see a particularly nice statue.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 05:42:39 am »

Try looking through df/data/init/announcements.txt, finding the relevant announcement type and removing all flags from it.

Ninja'd btw.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 09:41:23 am »

they are kept for some time, and you can use the cursor to scroll up

check their wounds and status, was there a FB with a syndrome recently?

Yeah, there was a FB with a vomit-inducing syndrome, which is why my combat logs are full.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs