Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Need a new (shop keeping) game  (Read 8027 times)

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need a new (shop keeping) game
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:02:27 pm »

Hello, today I'm looking for a "shop keeping" game like recettear or the guild. I really like the management of a small shop, I heard of atelier smthg on ps3, but my only gaming platform is my computer. I'll be forever in your debt if you find something I like! Thanks

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Need a new (shop keeping) game
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

Does it have to be for the computer, or just playable on one? Because theres an Atelier game on the DS if you can find an emulator and the game rom.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:56:10 pm »

isn't it illegal?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:01:39 pm »

The rom, yes. The emulator debatably. But this is not the place to discuss that any further, so go google for them if you want, or wait for less legally grey suggestions. I'd say the game was fun when I played it on the DS myself though, Atelier Annie it was called.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »

I think there's a mod for the sims 2 called Open for Business where you run a shop.
You could also try for an mmo

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:17:01 pm »

I think there's a mod for the sims 2 called Open for Business where you run a shop.
You could also try for an mmo

You mean Expansion Pack.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »

I don't like the sims, I just find it boring. So I guess this kind of game is not very popular, that's too bad, I'll try to download the DS emulator and atelier annie then, thanks

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 11:21:46 pm »

EDIT: I feel like an idiot, I recommended Recettear haha. Seems like you already played it.
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »

recommodation: Flash based... but fun... kinda mmorpgish: http://www.kongregate.com/games/EdgebeeStudios/swords-potions

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 11:57:43 pm »

Honestly  am not surprised this genre is small, its kinda weird. I mean a shopkeeper? Next thing we might see a game based on tax preparers, or maybe dry cleaning shops.

Yeah Recettear was fun, but it's kinda tongue and cheek about running a shop that adventurers go to. I dont expect to see this genre flourish, but I do expect to see a few weak entries over the coming years.
I got nothing

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 12:19:22 am »

Here is a game in which you play as a minotaur who runs his own china shop.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:41 am »

A bit of a long shot but if you can read Japanese or Korean then Iron Master: The Legendary Blacksmith for the DS might be your cup of tea. It's a cross between Cooking Mama and a shop management game by the looks of things. Sadly they couldn't find a publisher in the USA and I don't think they even looked in the EU.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 12:39:00 am »

If you can read Japanese, then you can play a lot more than just the one aforementioned Atelier game. Theres a whole dang series.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 01:03:15 am »

Here is a game in which you play as a minotaur who runs his own china shop.

This game is great and gets progressively better the more you drink well playing it.

Although I guess that could be said of quite a few games.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 03:22:41 am »

theres a mod for TES:IV Oblivion that lets you run a shop, so you can sell all the crap you collect in your adventures
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.
Pages: [1] 2 3