Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Argh! Idiot humans!  (Read 4275 times)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: Argh! Idiot humans!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »

Well, I was afraid that the 2 doors I put between him and the fortress wouldn't last very long, but he seems content just sitting on my trap, under my duck-hatch, and leaving both in-tact.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »

darn. That'll be significantly harder, since he's sort of just chilling on my cage trap...

Is he trapped or just waiting? I have an idea.

1. Create the cat and GCS squares from the side (you will wall/door it off later).
2. Create a raise bridge attached to a lever on the cat square (to block site of the GCS when picking up the caged FB).
3. Carve fortifications in the wall on the GCS square then wall it off. Place a door on the tunnel leading to the cat square, then carve a fortification from that into the FB square.
4. Lock the door, keep tightly shut. Drop a GCS in the GCS square from 1z, then the cat.
5. The GCS is not hostile to the FB, but it is to the cat. It will fire on the cat, and eventurally hit the cage square, trapping the FB.
6. Raise the bridge, squishing the cat and blocking sight of the GCS.
7. Collect your caged FB.

If he's not currently trapped behind two raisebridges on top of a cage trap, find a way to do it first.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »

this is my current situation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, the most intelligent option seems to be to dig out the entire system under him, sacrificing a dwarf to keep him there. Also he flies.

Would it be easier to just have something beat it unconscious?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:39:40 pm »

Usually having something beat it unconscious kills it. Try making it pass out from pain.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 07:40:44 pm »

Yeah... will a single-tile cave-in break my doors/cage trap?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

Yeah... will a single-tile cave-in break my doors/cage trap?
If they land on them. Maybe caving in a tile, next to a fortification that will expose the FB to the dust?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »

Just kill it and wait for the next one. You people seem to keep forgetting that NOSTUN = no unconsciousness. None. Nada. Not from getting the crap beaten out of it, not from cave-in dust, not from anything.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 08:05:06 pm »

Usually having something beat it unconscious kills it. Try making it pass out from pain.

There's no way you can keep the FB still on the cage trap without first capturing it between two raise-bridges. If marksdwarf try to chip its bones with bolts, the FB will try to path to them.

You're best off digging a tunnel on the left (not all the way through), installing the raise-bridges and cage traps, digging the last bit and waiting for the FB to catch the scent of your miner and chase it into the trap. That is, of course, under the assumption that of best case scenario. The dwarfs might be too slow with the lever, so it might be worthwhile to create multiple traps. Also, there's a chance the FB might torch the cat and GCS through the fortification before the GCS fires its web, but fire-breathers only do it occasionally.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 08:11:49 pm »

Ah well. Sorry, my indigo-maned mollusk...

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »

Well, I was afraid that the 2 doors I put between him and the fortress wouldn't last very long, but he seems content just sitting on my trap, under my duck-hatch, and leaving both in-tact.

That FB might not be chilling, are either of those doors showing damage?
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »

What is this? I also just had a giant snail with wings of stretched skin. I pumped magma onto it.  :D
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

What you need is to crush it with blocks of rock salt.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:15 pm »

Well I've had cats running around in the ramp area where my FB was killed by stupid hyoomans and nothing is happening.  They are covered in blood spatterings from the FB and no syndromes are occurring.

I did notice that the puddles are all "Blood" and not "Secretions."  Could that be why no syndromes are being caused?  I'm not 100% up to speed on the difference between "poisonous blood" and "noxious secretions."
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

I did notice that the puddles are all "Blood" and not "Secretions."  Could that be why no syndromes are being caused?  I'm not 100% up to speed on the difference between "poisonous blood" and "noxious secretions."

Blood can simply be (FB's name here) blood, and still be toxic. Should say what syndrome they're carrying if you examine them / when they arrive ;)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »

Okay... sorry to get off topic but now Loud Whisper's avatar was covered in blood on my screen. I haven't seen that one before. I wanted to put this down here so everyone knew who was responsible if I am found murdered by ghosts in the morning.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.
Pages: 1 [2] 3