Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Argh! Idiot humans!  (Read 4273 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Argh! Idiot humans!
« on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:13 pm »

A forgotten beast has come!  Beware its noxious secretions!

Hooray!  Yes, hooray, because I just happen to have a clever scheme to trap this forgotten beast!  Thank goodness, because noxious secretions are likely to get everyone killed.  Now I just have to wait for the beast to get to the trapped area and ...

wtf human traders.  Why is your caravan leaving through the caverns.  Hey, human spearman.  Cut that out.  You're killing my WMD!  Oh god, you're splattering blood and secretions all over the ramp into my fort from the caverns.  Oh. My. Armok.  It's carnage.  There are chunks of beast and pools of blood everywhere now.  All over the ramps and floors.  AND you killed it.  Thanks for nothing chump. 

And of course, being covered in armor, you didn't get anything on you so I can't see what the syndrome is going to do.  You suck.

* ledgekindred awaits the !!FUN!! that is likely to happen before I can get the caverns sealed off and figure out how to get magma to the affected areas...
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argh! Idiot humans!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:51:11 pm »

As it is the human's fault, it is their responsibility to clean it up. Next time they come, lock them in with the ecretions, give them lots of soap, and them pour some magma down for them to scrub with.

Messy humans. They'll never stop until we teach them to clean up after themselves.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »

Let a cat down into the cavern and seal it off.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 04:13:52 pm »

It's not so much the syndrome danger as it is that I wanted to catch myself a FB!

Maybe I'll get luckier (?!) next time and have a FB show up with some kind of deadly dust attack.  So far the syndrome seems to do nothing noticeable as I had a couple of dorfs walk through it before I could get the area walled off.

Filthy hyoo-mans... Next time they arrive.  Yes, ohhhh yes.  New diggings, new trade depot, some floodgates, and magma.  Plenty of magma.  Muahahhahahaha!
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

Of course, FB syndromes don't always take effect immediately. You may wish to quarantine the dwarves in question for a few years to observe the effects.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »

That spearman is a bada@@. Too bad he decided to show his skills at the wrong time.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »

I had a giantess show up an my map right when a caravan was leaving it, and a human crossbowman shot caused  her to immediately give into pain with the first shot.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:46:45 pm »

Hoomans just wanted to help  :'( :'( :'( :'(

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

Hm... I've got a FB I'm attempting to capture myself. I've decided (barring human interference) to drop a duck on it, stunning it long enough for my cage to actually work.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »

noxious secretions is probably ok (dizziness and/or nausea).  Hopefully these side effects won't last forever, cause that can be annoying.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »

The duck doesn't seem to stun this beast from 1 z-level up... should I try for a higher drop or a heavier animal?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »

The duck doesn't seem to stun this beast from 1 z-level up... should I try for a higher drop or a heavier animal?

Try more animals. Or cave in dust.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »

Procedurally generated critters have [NOSTUN], which prevents both stunning and unconsciousness. Besides, you'd have to inflict unconsciousness to trap [TRAPAVOID] critters, not stunning.

You need to have a GCS spit webs onto your trap. Webbed enemies get trapped too.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

darn. That'll be significantly harder, since he's sort of just chilling on my cage trap...

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

Attempting to weaponize ducks earns you a couple of dwarf points, but forgotten beasts are [NOSTUN]. It would have worked if they didn't have that token.

The easiest way to catch a forgotten beast is to use a wooden door (or a duck) as bait and then raise a drawbridge behind it once it's in the room. You can semi-automate this by putting a controllable fluid source behind the door and a fluid-sensitive pressure plate in front of it so the trap seals once a creature of interest takes the bait and breaks down the door.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.
Pages: [1] 2 3