Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] - D.E.A.D.  (Read 5472 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] - D.E.A.D.
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

As indicated by the thread title, I have been sent by the cereblem to exterminate/enslave/destroy/whatever the human race, lead by my opponent Comp, at his Base of Operations

I would like to note that we are not allowed to snoop in eachothers' bases of operation, nor should you relay information gained from one base in the other.

Anyway, on with the enslavement!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:34:22 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread]
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »

We have been detected my brethren.  :o

Comments and suggestions are welcome, as always.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:30:27 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »

I absolutely love this. Seriously, this already became my favorite LP (Sorry Stworca! :P) and I can't wait for the next update ^^

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:37:53 pm »

Aha! My LP is already better than my deceitful opponent, Comp. This is a moral victory for sure! Our real victory must follow.

Also: I was considering the idea of claiming UFOs. I'm going to mess around with it in a bit(read: Try every button combination I can think of) in an attempt to rename UFOs.

Edit: I found no way of editing UFO names. However, you can still claim one if you like. Also: I found out how to group UFOs/Interceptors. Whether they will fight together remains to be seen.

Edit2: Interceptors DO fight together. I'll have to wait until Comp and I play again to see if UFOs work also.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:37:27 pm by Orb »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

I absolutely love this. Seriously, this already became my favorite LP (Sorry Stworca! :P) and I can't wait for the next update ^^
Seconded.

I want a large scout, and for it to go on abduction missions when convenient. It will unofficially be called the Nirurmobile.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »

I want a large scout that goes on terror missions.  Unoffically called: "EJ's Terrorbus".

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:21:02 pm »

I love this game. Sadly I've never found anyone to play against, as none of my friends agree. Oh well.

Anyway, good luck to ye. I'd like to have a Harvester when you build one. Name it the Cowfucker.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:18:59 pm »

Geen reporting for duty, let's kill some capitalist human scum. Give me whatever you have on hand.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:37:23 pm »

Geen reporting for duty, let's kill some capitalist human scum. Give me whatever you have on hand.

That would be a small scout. Or a medium. Just be glad to know that, whatever ship I would let you have, you would be doing the exact same thing as every other scout. Scouting. Or in the case of a medium scout, getting food/abductions occasionally. I'll let claims fly around once things get more interesting.

Also. I had a little discussion with my opponent. Are you working for BOTH sides Geen? That sounds like traitorous action to me.

Anyway....

---------------------------------

D:

Comments and Suggestions are welcome, as always. Note: Sorry for the lack of updates. Our schedules didn't really match for the last few days.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:06:27 pm by Orb »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:40 pm »

It's not traitorous if no one sees it. You didn't see anything.
(I mainly join to die in a blaze of glory, not to feed you top secret intel about the location of the cookie ja- YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:25:07 pm by Geen »

RoryTehNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »

*Bump in hopes of an update :D
Signatures are displayed at teh bottom of each post or personal message.

Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 379

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 01:17:28 pm »

I've just seen the update in the human thread and I'm wondering about something. Wouldn't it be possible for you to fill a UFO to the brink with aliens and basically try to wipe his squads out? Or are you outclassed atm?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

I've just seen the update in the human thread and I'm wondering about something. Wouldn't it be possible for you to fill a UFO to the brink with aliens and basically try to wipe his squads out? Or are you outclassed atm?

Its a combination of things. For one, the UFOs I start out with are low equipment grade. I just started creating medium scouts, which can hold, at the max, 6 Sectoids. However, when I get shot down, I can lose as much as 4 of those Sectoids in the crash, though usually I'll have at least 3. Another thing to note is that I only have plasma pistols, which suck. I am also being careful to not over equip my ships at the moment, as I don't have a large stockpile of Sectoids(Read: Only 7). The problem isn't necessarily the land battles, its just the fact he keeps finding my UFOs, due to him finding my base location so quick(On reflection, it was a terrible location). Once I get plasma rifles, which will be soon, I'll start equipping my ships fully and we will start to see some drawn out land battles.

Finely, each Sectoid in a ship eats 1 alien food in a mission. So by fully equipping my ships, I'd be using twice as much alien food. While it does increase the effectiveness of the mission, I don't think its fully worth it at the moment. I'd rather have two medium scouts with 3 Sectoids in them each then 1 medium scout with 6.

All and all, I'm doing pretty bad early game. However, once my base is full of facilities, I'll be able to start pumping the UFOs out pretty fast. Its already starting to kick in.

I'll have an update later today, or tomorrow. Its not a particularly interesting one, at least from the alien side of things.

"Edit" Another thing to note is that by under equipping my ships, Comp is getting less loots, which therefore means less things to sell for money.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 03:12:08 pm by Orb »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 08:46:22 pm »

Decided to mess around with colors this update.

Suggestions and Comments are welcome, as always.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:07:18 pm by Orb »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 05:48:01 am »

Have you tried to operate in Asia? Just try to keep the missions random and avoid a pattern your opponent could exploit. How long until we hit plasma rifles and floaters/snakemen? And grenades, don't forget grenades.
Pages: [1] 2