Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] - D.E.A.D.  (Read 5468 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread]
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 07:15:02 am »

Have you tried to operate in Asia? Just try to keep the missions random and avoid a pattern your opponent could exploit. How long until we hit plasma rifles and floaters/snakemen? And grenades, don't forget grenades.

I went to Asia once. I immediately got shot down, IIRC. I think hes got his base around there, so I tend to avoid it.

Its not that my missions aren't random, its just that after a few waves he'll have his ship planted right at my base and detect one of said ships, follow the direction, send all his ships to that region...you get the idea.

I've always had grenades. I just need to fully equip my ships. At low, no one gets grenades. Medium, 1/2 of soldiers get grenades. At High, Grenades for Everyone!

Plasma rifles are almost done. Unfortunately, all I have is one medium scout. If I can squeeze like 2-3 good abduction missions out of it, plasma rifles will finish

After plasma rifles, I'll likely upgrade ship tech, so I'm not just flying medium scouts around. After that I'll work on racial tech. So probably Plasma Rifles ---> Large Scout - ----> Floater ---> Abductor ---> Snakeman. Unfortunately, large ships can not be operated by Sectoids until you have psionics, because Sectoid leaders have mind control. So I have to research Floaters before Abductors.

Last thing that I forgot to mention in any updates. Each race has a specialty in missions, and give like a 2x increased benefit to the mission(or something like that). Sectoids are good at abductions, floaters terror, and Snakemen harvest. I usually don't like going race first because terror missions are useless until March, so the only benefit of having floaters is that they...float. They can't even throw grenades, at least I'm pretty sure.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »

Most interesting and awesome.I suppose we couldn't set up a game could we ?The developer abandoned the game and took the downloads down on his site,but i have the game files.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 10:02:46 pm »

Most interesting and awesome.I suppose we couldn't set up a game could we ?The developer abandoned the game and took the downloads down on his site,but i have the game files.

I wasn't sure if this was directed towards me. If so, I would love a game. You can find me on the DFC Chat on Steam almost every day for at least an hour or two. That would be the best way to get a game organized.

Also: This isn't dead. I was busy this entire weekend(Prime Time for Comp and I to play), and any time we had during the week, Comp wanted to play SS13. =/

Another note is that I'll be preparing for the ACT in the next few weeks, so updates are unlikely to happen on weekdays.

"Edit" Comp and I have a goal. We want to reach March ingame before in Real Life. I don't think its possible at the current pace, but it doesn't hurt.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:04:42 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

...and I've come to the conclusion this won't be continued. Comp's been busy with "RL" problems, and I've been unable to contact him much at all.

So, I'll probably read his thread in the next few days to seal the deal.

Now, there's a few pathways we can take from here. We could...

1. Start a new game with another forum member, same style. I don't have anyone one in mind yet.

2. Start a game of Freeorion(not quite as interesting of a game to LP) with a friend/forumite. We could both do threads, or not, whatever you guys want.

3. Something else? Battle for Wesnoth is also a possibility, I think. I'm quite certain that will be extremely boring to LP, but that's just my opinion.

4. Or nothing I suppose, if no one posts in this thread.  :(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] - D.E.A.D.
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 11:36:52 am »

I'd like to see you duke it out with someone else in this game.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:28 am »

I'd like to see this sort of thing finished. Not going to play myself, but it would be nice to follow you and someone else continue/start this anew.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 11:50:47 am »

I'd be up for playing Humans, although I'm not a particularly good player. I think I have the most recent version (0.99) and a lot of free time.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:21 pm »

Ha. Was reading through the Human thread. Some of it made me chuckle. Some of it made me groan from my stupidity. The usual.

~I can't believe I thought that rocket wasn't a blind fire and went straight into the smoke...grawr~

Since there are no other volunteers, I suppose Burnt Pies and I will be playing. However, its going to be crunch time for my AP classes, so updates may become sporadic.

I usually organized my games through Steam chat(DFC), and used it to communicate. Do you think that might be possible Burnt Pies? Or should we rely on some other form of communication medium?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

I'll need to join the Steam Group, but that should be fine.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 [2]