Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My best adventure mode run ever :D  (Read 1283 times)

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My best adventure mode run ever :D
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:11:02 am »

I recently generated a large, beast filled world. Since I hadn't played adventure mode in a long time I decided to give it a try, and it turned out to be an awesome one-year run for my character. All I can remember of him is his title: Noble Summit of the Rams. Also he was a dorf demigod

I went to a fortress as soon as I started and did around 5 quests killing bandits and lesser beasts. I gathered my army and expanded it more and more from the same fortress. Then I killed a troll and giant for the lord there. Then killed a dragon and hydra, and actually got the killing blow on the hydra by crushing four heads in a row with my steel war hammer. After that I got my army of 19 assorted misfits and killed a desert titan and mountain titan, the desert one being a quadruped of sphalerite and the mountain one a quadruped of ...coral. Afterwards I decided to see how powerful my character really was, since I have not had him fight alone at all.
I went to the fortress and killed the lord and faced my entire army and the fortress, certain I was going to die in an instant. My dwarf went into a martial trance and dodged or blocked every bit of the ensuing hail of bolts and arrows. Then I skipped around and crushed the skulls of all my former comrades, not getting a scratch.
After that I faced the rest of the fortress, and that started about the same way. Then suddenly I collapsed of over-exertion and died.  :'(

Also: I killed the lord by hitting him in the face with the mountain titan's head, but the best part of this adventure imo is decapitating a mountain titan with a thrown pickaxe.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: My best adventure mode run ever :D
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:48 am »

Well, its a good start :)
Its almost like Sparring Practice for the next release :D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:06:39 am »

Throwing = speeding projectiles like a bowstring, but better.

Sad to say, any creature is susceptible to exhaustion. Sad to see that go, have you been...wrestled or attacked by grappling in that ending?

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 12:37:15 pm »

I was attacked by 2 wrestlers as soon as I walked out of the lord's building, but neither one could keep a grip on me.
Also according to legends mode, one of my party survived: a morbidly obese spearman I had named The Fat Spartan. He was one of the first of my recruits and was paralyzed from the waist down by an arrow. Many of my party couldn't walk but I have no idea how to give them crutches.

For some odd reason every party member I named Spartan was a beast, even ones I didn't check out before naming. In fact, the only party member that put up a fight in the end was a Spartess. She had also killed 2 giant desert scorpions by herself with a broken hand. The rest of the group couldn't even get to them in time.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »

I was attacked by 2 wrestlers as soon as I walked out of the lord's building, but neither one could keep a grip on me.
Also according to legends mode, one of my party survived: a morbidly obese spearman I had named The Fat Spartan. He was one of the first of my recruits and was paralyzed from the waist down by an arrow. Many of my party couldn't walk but I have no idea how to give them crutches.

For some odd reason every party member I named Spartan was a beast, even ones I didn't check out before naming. In fact, the only party member that put up a fight in the end was a Spartess. She had also killed 2 giant desert scorpions by herself with a broken hand. The rest of the group couldn't even get to them in time.
I named a dwarven companion of mine Thorin Oakenshield. He proceeded to slaughter massive amounts of goblins and orcs in Genesis.
I was quite proud.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »

i had a 40D run that was insane, thousands killed, men elfs dwarf gobiln spirits of fire and even things are called them selfs gods.
like wise 40D had combat that was just as mad it was kind of like this but worse.

right now i runing a tag team 2 adventurers resting and swaping from time to time.

add NOEXERT to stop exertion.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:24:36 pm »

Also: I killed the lord by hitting him in the face with the mountain titan's head, but the best part of this adventure imo is decapitating a mountain titan with a thrown pickaxe.
Win.