Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are they just gonna leave it in there?  (Read 4413 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are they just gonna leave it in there?
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

So I was doing my usual thing with goblin theives, taking their cages into my barracks and having super surprise invader drills, when, one of those little shits actually managed to get hurt. A dwarf, not a goblin. She got an iron dagger stuck in her side while the goblin was drubbed to death with a few silver hammers. She went to the infirmary, got sewed up and is now back in action. With the dagger stuck in her. Is that just not going to get taken out, or is it somehow a last resort weapon bug/feature?

mctribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are they just gonna leave it in there?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »

IF memory serves, this is a result of the dagger being forbidden.  Unforbid it and they should take it out.  Of course, it may actually be a better idea to leave it there, since removing it would cause bleeding.

Broan13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

IF memory serves, this is a result of the dagger being forbidden.  Unforbid it and they should take it out.  Of course, it may actually be a better idea to leave it there, since removing it would cause bleeding.

This game...i swear.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:31:48 pm »

This game...i swear.

Actually, it's true in real life too. You get stabbed, you gotta decide whether to immediately take it out or to leave it for now, because taking it out will cause bleeding.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »

Ah, the dwarven medical system.  They'll always remove an allowed item, such as a bolt if you don't auto-forbid them, but they'll completely ignore a giant sword stuck in someone's hand if some mysterious force tells them not to touch it.  I guess the Hippocratic oath is taken less seriously by dwarves.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:52:13 pm »

Ah, the dwarven medical system.  They'll always remove an allowed item, such as a bolt if you don't auto-forbid them, but they'll completely ignore a giant sword stuck in someone's hand if some mysterious force tells them not to touch it.  I guess the Hippocratic oath is taken less seriously by dwarves.

The Dwarves have the Sockocratic oath.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:18:41 pm »

I think this more likely the result of the injured dwarf ebing fond of daggers; removing it may actually cause an unhappy thought. That, and, you know, massive blood loss.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:03:24 am »

This game...i swear.

Amen, brother...
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:23 am »

I only found it after surgery, and I deforbid it. Looks like she'll be going back to the hospital...

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:28:58 am »

I only found it after surgery, and I deforbid it. Looks like she'll be going back to the hospital...

Hopefully... they might also consider the issue dealt with.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 11:03:12 am »

Hopefully... they might also consider the issue dealt with.
Actually, I'm imagining that a dwarf (or herself) will notice the dagger sitting there, not stockpiled. They will proceed to casual rip it out of her and run to the nearest weapons stockpile. After that...well, I'm not sure if she'll have a wound, considering it was already treated (and this is Dwarf Fortress).
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 11:05:07 am »

Maybe it's just kinda stuck to her, in-between matted leg hair and dried alcohol? Sort of like a gross sheath, I guess.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 02:50:35 pm »

Unforbid the dagger when she is in a fight and see if she will use it.

Also, in real life, always leave the knife in. It's holding in your blood and keeping out bacteria.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »

Dude, it's her dagger now, leave her alone >:£

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »

Dude, it's her dagger now, leave her alone >:£
Exactly. It i hers until she dies, as are all possessions of a dwarf. Then it appearently becomes property of the first person to call dibs.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.
Pages: [1] 2