Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Clans  (Read 3789 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress Clans
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »

Are there any gaming clans that play DF? I find gaming even with single player games with others on say a vent or ts3 server adds to the enjoyment.
So yeah. I really want to fidn a clan that has players who play smexy DF ;D

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Dwarf Fortress Clans
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:09:48 pm »

I believe there's a Steam group, as well as a fortress running DFTerm up in Dwarf Mode Discussion.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »

Quote from: Steam Group
A few may leave, what with the possibility of Toady adding a Pony race or something stupid like that in order to satisfy the forum's newest wave of autistics, and not the creative Dwarfy kind either.
I'll pass.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:03:22 pm »

A few may leave, what with the possibility of Toady adding a Pony race or something stupid like that in order to satisfy the forum's newest wave of autistics, and not the creative Dwarfy kind either.
I'll pass.
Hm. That's highly offensive. I hate ponies. Well, when they aren't dismembered by a battleaxe anyway.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 07:17:52 pm »

I'll pass.

A random guy (Named Shitlist McSadsack, no less) out of 900 people said something stupid so you'll just take your business elsewhere. Sounds logical.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

I'll admit, I wouldn't have been interested anyway. :P It seems like a nice little community actually, I just felt like pointing out that comment. Probably should've phrased it a bit better.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 07:43:51 pm »

Hehe...when he sees that the Pony mod is bigger than he once thought, he'll be running for the hills with legions of pissed-off bronies after him with *candy spears*.

jockmo42

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

I'll admit, I wouldn't have been interested anyway. :P It seems like a nice little community actually, I just felt like pointing out that comment. Probably should've phrased it a bit better.
Fair enough. :)

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 05:37:04 am »

Eh, I joined, though it was really more to show my support for the game than anything else - it isn't like I know anyone that is on there, so I don't see the appeal, I guess.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 05:56:12 am »

How many DF Steam groups are there now?  I know I'm in the straight up "Dwarf Fortress" one from 2007, which may be the original.  It only has 97 members.  It'd be cool to see some unification on that end, since I know of at least three.

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 06:21:13 am »

I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 07:00:22 am »

Well, I just hecked and there are apparently 35 groups that show up when you search "Dwarf Fortress". Some of the groups appeared for no apparent reason, as their names or descriptions don't seem to include "Dwarf Fortress". The search found multiple different Minecraft-groups. How many people are in multiple DF-groups, I don't know.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 07:07:28 am »

DFC is the one I am in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 08:24:29 am »

DFC here as well.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2