Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: This is why I love DF  (Read 8975 times)

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I love DF
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 07:59:03 am »

As luck would have it, 50 hammer strikes should just be enough to weed out the bad ones.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 08:31:09 am »

I will choose a dwarven civilization that worships some cool god of Death, Night, etc. and build a temple for him. The Temple will also serve as a barracks for my vampire Squad. Occasionally Dwarves that have drawn my ire will be tossed into the temple, perhaps never to be seen again. The Vampire Squad will be equipped with ornamented armor and some fancy clothing- Dyed Scarfs and Cloaks, for example, and might wield terrible two-handed Weapons. A terrible Sight on the Battlefield.

If i get a few weredwarves they will get their own squad, too.

Mayhaps, if we can somehow infect other dwarves through applying the blood of vampires to food, i will turn my entire nobility into vampires.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:14:51 am by Lordinquisitor »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »

As luck would have it, 50 hammer strikes should just be enough to weed out the bad ones.

As for practically every single other Dwarf in the fort... Yep. 50. 50 is good for their health.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »

I will choose a dwarven civilization that worships some cool god of Death, Night, etc. and build a temple for him. The Temple will also serve as a barracks for my vampire Squad. Occasionally Dwarves that have drawn my ire will be tossed into the temple, perhaps never to be seen again. The Vampire Squad will be equipped with ornamented armor and some fancy clothing- Dyed Scarfs and Cloaks, for example, and might wield terrible two-handed Weapons. A terrible Sight on the Battlefield.

If i get a few weredwarves they will get their own squad, too.

Mayhaps, if we can somehow infect other dwarves through applying the blood of vampires to food, i will turn my entire nobility into vampires.

I'm going to start with a society that worships the god of bees.

Only people are the flowers.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 08:55:59 am »

Can't we just shove everyone in a room which floor is made out of blocks of silver? The one who appears most uncomfortable must be the vampire. Or, you know, we could tell Urist McArmorsmith to craft a silver helmet, make everyone wear it in turns and everyone whose face is not in blisters after wearing the helmet gets to live.

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 09:16:28 am »

Unless, obviously, the kind of vampires you have in your fort are immune to silver and instead vulnerable to lay pewter, for example. Or electrum. Or pitchblende.

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:22 am »

Unless, obviously, the kind of vampires you have in your fort are immune to silver and instead vulnerable to lay pewter, for example. Or electrum. Or pitchblende.

Heh that would be amusing, I wonder how they cope in sunlight?

Anyway, I havnt been following the dev blog recently, What exactly to vampires do? and werebeasts? , I think i know what i need to about mists, and the new death announcement system however.
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:34 am »

Sorry, front page just mentioned ink clouds for squid.

Now I must build a fort near the ocean to capture a giant squid. Preferably several, then trap it in a tank near the entrance. When invaders/glassmakers come I can trap them in an airlock, flood the chamber, release the kraken, and magma roast some popcorn.

The hall will be made entirely of glass, partially so the dwarves can watch, but mostly so that the immigrants can see well ahead of time why their services are not needed.

Then I will put the save up on here so that all of you may battle the kraken in adventure mode.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »

I think I will have to let the infection spread on purpose, so that I get a good army.

I wonder if danger rooms will be nerfed.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »

Will Vampires get along with each other? recall the suspicious zombies in the necromancers tower; some undead might be territorial.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

Will Vampires get along with each other? recall the suspicious zombies in the necromancers tower; some undead might be territorial.

Epic bug moment when two vampires try to eat each other :D

erthel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:33 pm »

I see a lot of ¡¡SCIENCE!! projects flying around

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 01:02:46 am »

Epic bug moment when two vampires try to eat each other :D

"Sheriff! Sheriff! Urist McCheese is a vampire!"
"You know, Urist McCheese came by moments ago proclaiming you, Urist McFisher for being a vampire."
"Umm... what are you going to do about it?"
"You're both in the military now. Urist McBaron will be punished, once he arrives."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 04:17:53 am »

The proper answer to vampire accusations:

imprison both of the people involved. Do not feed and do not water them. The one who shows signs of dehydration is the dwarf.

... if both of them show signs of dehydration I don't know what to do though. :( burn everything?
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 06:27:18 am »

... if both of them show signs of dehydration I don't know what to do though. :( burn everything?

When in doubt burn everything.

Or just release both, see if either is invloved in a vampire-case more than once or twice. Too much coincidence  :o

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4