Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: We're too late, Obama signed ACTA  (Read 43189 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: We're too late, Obama signed ACTA
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

...sigh. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Nope

It's worse :C

You mean the part where the figurehead of the organization most responsible for bringing ACTA to the world's attention has been under severe legal attack for the last couple years and labeled a terrorist by many high profile political figures, and while Obama denied Freedom of Information Act requests to reveal ACTA to the public for years because it would pose a threat to national security?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:40:52 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 02:47:50 pm »

You mean the part where the figurehead of the organization most responsible for bringing ACTA to the world's attention has been under severe legal attack for the last couple years and labeled a terrorist by many high profile political figures, and while Obama denied Freedom of Information Act requests to reveal ACTA to the public for years because it would pose a threat to national security?

"...If such information be against public interest."

That, and the abuse of human rights, the DMCA, border control, civil enforcement, arresting of legal demonstrators, signing by diplomats and not democratically elected leaders? Well, there's even worse still  >:(

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »

Was a bit curious and did a Youtube search to see what Jesse Ventura may have dug up about all this.

Came across this: link

From what it looks like, all this internet censorship stuff is neither the first, nor last step of enslaving the world.

In an ideal world, I would very much rather have this guy running, or at least regulating, our country, or at least, it's operators.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »

I had an enlightening discussion a while back with my cousin on SOPA (shortly before it died in congress). His thoughts on the subject were somewhere along these lines:

"The internet is just used for piracy! Don't you think artists should be compensated for their work? And those people in the comments sections and forums are soooo annoying! It's too complicated now, we should just go back to how it was before the internet and cellphones."

This may or may not reflect the general public's knowledge of and attitude toward the situation. I'm not sure anymore.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 04:04:16 pm »

Right.  So it's time for citizens of the internet to band together and journey into space, leaving the rest of the world behind forever.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

This may or may not reflect the general public's knowledge of and attitude toward the situation. I'm not sure anymore.

This is the general view of the internet by the general world. It's quite disheartening. Wouldn't be the first time you'd be accused of having a political agenda for telling people about ACTA :/

Right.  So it's time for citizens of the internet to band together and journey into space, leaving the rest of the world behind forever.

Got a massive autonomous space ship? :S

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Hey, that wouldn't be a bad idea, really. Let's go to Mars and laugh while Earth destroys itself!

Obviously all we need to do is to get Toady to think up a ship with his mere mind and we'll have a ship instantly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »

It's a megaproject.  Starting now.  We have a year before the humans send their first siege.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:05 pm »

Somehow I don't really want to go in a ship made of microcline in the shape of ASCII text.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »

There already is one, but it's meant for the republicans to get back home once they are done screwing up the Earth.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

It's a megaproject.  Starting now.  We have a year before the humans send their first siege.
NECKBEARD FORTRESS: Histories of Nerdiness and Censorship
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

Somehow I don't really want to go in a ship made of microcline in the shape of ASCII text.
Heretic! Elf! Coward! :P

There already is one, but it's meant for the republicans to get back home once they are done screwing up the Earth.
So you're saying Republicans are Martians?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

You saying they're not?

More accurately, some sort of amphibious lifeforms. I mean, come on! Newt Gingrich?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »

Heretic! Elf! Coward! :P
Excuuuuse me, princess, but I want my ship to be adamantine and powered by the screams of the damned.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20