Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Selling caged prisoners?  (Read 1847 times)

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Selling caged prisoners?
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

I've tried making the animal stockpile right around the perimeter of the depot, but no matter how hard i try, i cant sell these damn gnomes. Is this impossible? Goblins as well? Help!
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Selling caged prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »

You can't.  This is a bug.  If you designate a cage with a non-tame creature in it to be taken to the trade depot, the creature will be released from the cage.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Washcloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:40:47 pm »

Thank you. i looked on the ole' magma wiki but figured some one here would know! Thats a shame. I guess i gotta dump em all in a lake cause im tired of their face.
"My dwarves seem to have Terminal Party Syndrome; i can't get them to stop partying all of a sudden"- RCIX

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

A shame really....

I wanted to show the invading goblin macelord and his cadre of bumbling goons just what TRUE terror was by sending them off to the local elven "retreat", but I guess the game does have some small sense of morality.

So instead, I just built their cages on tiny 1x1 squares overhanging the outer perimeter of the fortress's walls (no path down. Walled off after construction) and leave them there as crow cages.

You would think the goblin civ would get the hint after awhile... but sadly, no.

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 03:42:13 am »

I guess Toady draws the line (for now) at openly engaging in the slave trade. If things change, you could also arrange to sell berserkers, children, and cheesemakers.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 04:06:33 am »

Who in his right mind would sell something as useful as a berserk dorf?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:52 am »

Who in his right mind would sell something as useful as a berserk dorf?
My thoughts exactly. It's easy to get them to tantrum, but Berserk... So much effort D:

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:51:53 am »

I guess Toady draws the line (for now) at openly engaging in the slave trade. If things change, you could also arrange to sell berserkers, children, and cheesemakers.

Butchering Kittens, atom smashing children and cannibalistic elves are A-Okay however?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:42 am »

Butchering Kittens, atom smashing children and cannibalistic elves are A-Okay however?

[ETHIC:SLAVERY:PUNISH_CAPITAL]

We might disagree, but the Dwarves hate it. Also, how can you justify something with Elves? D:<

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:00:58 am »

We might disagree, but the Dwarves hate it. Also, how can you justify something with Elves? D:<

I disagree. My dwarves have that tag as acceptable, aswell as butcher and make trophy from sapient. :D
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »

IMO modding this should allow for the sale of caged sentients.

Urist McBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 05:39:15 pm »

Thats a shame. I guess i gotta dump em all in a lake cause im tired of their face.

NOOO!!!
Buy lots of gnomeblight and melt them! I've been wanting to do that, but haven't found an embark with gnomes.  :(
This is a known source of vexation.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 05:44:18 pm »

GNOMES?!?!??
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 06:13:55 pm »

GNOMES?!?!??

>Embark on evil mountain
>Put booze stockpile outside
>Cry
Pages: [1] 2