Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: You Are Megacorp: No Known Survivors  (Read 9805 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: You Are Megacorp
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:47 pm »

>Sell drugs to legit. military companies
And maybe a few hundred black market sales here and there...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »

No. Sell SERVICES to the US military. Charge more for better mutations. Do not tell them how the drug works or give them samples of it - we want to maintain control, and make sure they know to come to us.

Charge more money for better mutations. Make sure to get them to sign off on the risks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 05:20:46 pm »

Charge more money for better mutations. Make sure to get them to sign off on the risks.
+1

Harder to keep secret though. Test on bunnies? :3

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 05:21:20 pm »

> Test Sigmas regenerative abilities.

> Test sawing the top of someone's head of and violently ramming an Ethernet cable with a connection to the internet into their frontal cortex under influence of the drug

> Try giving someone the drug, attaching without to their legs, and throwing them into a very deep part of the ocean.

> if sigma did not have regenerative capabilities, try the experiment again, this time leaving the subject in the bleder fro another hour.

> Try giving it to the subject, but instead of doing somehting physical, have lots of people shouting at them and task them with coordinating a chaotic team.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 05:41:08 pm »

Right. Good news and bad news.

Good news: we sold the services to the US Military, said that one of the side-effects was paranoia and rage against whoever is administering the drug (But only during testing, and it can be drowned out with this new "Amnesia" drug) and they love it. Of course, we did the administration and the exposure to highly unpleasant elements first, just so we don't arouse suspicion. We gained $1000 for the first batch.
Bad news: Sometimes, the gene is activated but doesn't do anything special. It appears it then activates in the puberty of the next generation and then mutates them utterly randomly, not based on the environment. And this particular kind of gene spreads like radiation. And this gene will never go away and will keep going down the generations. And it turns out that one of the people who had this effect got dishonorably discharged and is now among the civvies. Due to the military's secrecy, we don't know who this guy is and we could end up with... interesting effects.

Dr. Johnston's painkiller is going into testing. It's about 70% done. It's been noted that the drug works exceptionally well for cases of mental disorders, but it is even more exceptional in that it can clear cases of latent schizophrenia overnight and gets rid of any trace of it, so that the mental disorder doesn't get inherited. This may make us some money.

Testing is going well otherwise with the drug (We should name both of these, by the way. It's hard being so vague). Sigma has regenerative abilities, and it seems that the blender activated the gene permanently. No-one knows how this happened, and these fellows claiming to be from the "SCP Foundation" are asking to take him in as a "Keter-Class SCP". We can't trace the call, but we'll try harder. With the internet test, it seems that the result is that Subject Zebra's brain suddenly expands to about 5x5 meters big and the body attempts to keep up. We've put her in liquid stasis and we are studying her brain patterns. It seems that her entire brain has replaced all "Primal" functions with knowledge from the internet. All of it. We don't even know how that works in modern science. Subject Harvey was given the sea test, and she appears to have become a creature similar to an octopus. She's about the size of Central Park (800 meters). We are thinking of calling the area she is in a No Fly Zone and conducting tests. According to our estimations, it's entirely possible that she could take down whole battleships without dying. She's already eaten the entire area's sealife and is laying eggs.

Subject Gamma was put in charge of a chaotic team, and promptly turned his arms into biological saws and decapitated one of our workers. RIP Jackson Farkers. You will be missed.
Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: You Are Megacorp: Money And Science Are Not Mutually Exclusive
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 05:49:29 pm »

Invest more into legit. research. Tell the world that the esteemed Simple Genetics Solutions company is setting up its own branches of computers to aid in research and the mapping of whatever the hell drug we've invented. Also, how would plants react to Dr. Johnston's painkiller? We could give plants self perception with our Sciency magic.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Megacorp: Assault!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

WARNING:

GLASS HAS BEEN BROKEN IN AREA SEVEN B

Switching to camera...

Oh dear.

It appears that a heavily armed team of commandos have just broken into the skyscraper via helicopter and are currently macing office workers. It appears that these commandos are from the SCP Foundation. It seems we have gotten an email (that a temp trashed) around the time the SCP Foundation called us (A week ago) ordering us to immediately send all data, subjects and samples of the drug to them. It appears that we have completely ignored this, and they have taken drastic measures. As a safety measure, I just hacked into their database and released all their data. I found some interesting things, but nevermind that. Any orders, sir?

Oh, and another note: it appears that Dr. Johnston has extensive military training, according to his file. I only checked that now since he just pulled a pistol out of his desk, shot one commando in the head and tossed the other out of the window. We should probably note this.

Spoiler: Attack Force (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Defending Force (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 06:28:06 pm »

Set up an ambush. All employees hide behind cover, behind a corner, Commandos throw grenade, announce their arrival, then AMBUSH! Once they're in open view. Plus, all in favour of identifying Dr. Johnston as in fact being Johnston Freeman?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »

Do we have any WISHIUMTM lying around for quick injection? If so, inject some into a random worker and throw  him at the SCP. Then hide.

Did I remember to make my desk bulletproof? I could have sworn... ah, well.

Happily we will be able to cure any injured using Dr J's REALPANCEATM
Long Live United Forenia!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »

Nice to see you bravely hiding under your desk like a heroic chicken, but nonetheless. We injected the drug into one of our humble workers and threw him at the team as they came around the corner. Three down, but our worker is also down. We don't have any Wishium, as well. Johnston has nine bullets left, we don't have the element of surprise and we need to think fast. Any ideas?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 06:41:00 pm »

Ninjad, for later if we win:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For now: Inject it into loyal employee, give them the pistol, and tell them to run at the solders wildly, shooting to kill. They will adapt to the combat situation and remain unharmed.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »

We are out of Wishium, dude.

Okay, okay.

Dr J is combat trained, right? This is a big officy thing, right? There must be some way to get behind those guys. Send Dr J to sneak up from behind, grabbing a gun off of one of the corpses.

Fine, fine. Hand me the pistol, and I'll try to keep them busy.

"HEY, DUDES. CEASEFIRE A MOMENT. LETS TALK ABOUT THIS"
Long Live United Forenia!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

For now: Inject it into loyal employee, give them the pistol, and tell them to run at the solders wildly, shooting to kill. They will adapt to the combat situation and remain unharmed.

And if the employee turns against us? No pistol = No way to take it down. DECISIONS D:

Can we lock down the building? Force the commandos into the poisonous gas room or something? We've got testing equipment, let's utilize it.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »

Lure them into the blender.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 06:51:10 pm »

I just realized how much of a fortress this place is.

Can we use Subject Beta to predict their movements?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7