Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You Are Megacorp: No Known Survivors  (Read 9638 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Megacorp: The Interview
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 11:53:35 am »

Um.

Well, I guess I'll let the distress signal speak for itself.

Well, er... I'm going to suggest leaving it... but I do think there is an advantage. If we can capture just one mermaid, we would have functional magic. Do you know how much money that would make?

Also, Hausen-Light and Aperture Science are interested. Just write up your version of the deal and they'll write theirs.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Megacorp: No Known Survivors
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 05:46:09 pm »

The solution is simple: put a small  nuke under one of their cities. Boom. The city will be torn apart, and the heat from it create an upwards current, meaning we should be able to get ahold of dead mermaids form the raising wreckage. Take one of the corpses, remove some key areas of the brain to get rid of personality and sense of self without losing memories of how to use magic, then take someone decently loyal and smart enough to understand and explain the powers they get, and fuse them with the corpse using WISHIUM.

If a nuke is to hard to get, any means of generating a sufficiently large explosion and amount of heat should work.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:48 pm »

I propose an alternative!

SEND MORE MEN.

UNDERWATER NORMANDY.

(Consider our mutants?)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2012, 09:46:08 pm »

Mr Fniff, can you tell me what a company like ours does when the crack commando team we send somewhere is wiped out? We send more crack commando teams until one of them manages to do something useful.

Ideally, we would want a Hero to go down there and sort things out. The sort of person who could use their own weapons against them, and find health kits in garbage cans. Possibly have some sort of bullshit moral choice system? Whatever, so long as the end result is dead Atlanteans.

Until we can find a Hero for this purpose, just keep sending down more teams. Give them WISHIUM- that should at least let them take down a few Atlanteans before getting killed.

Speaking of Health Kits, mister Fniff, tell Dr J to get in here, would you? I have an idea. Some sort of... green... pill... stuff, which makes you healthy. I want it mass produced, and then littered about our offices. In really unlikely places. Behind vents. In flowerpots. Inside computer monitors, so that the only way to get at it is to smash the screen.
Long Live United Forenia!

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »

Until we can find a Hero for this purpose, just keep sending down more teams. Give them WISHIUM- that should at least let them take down a few Atlanteans before getting killed.
A few Atlanteans? If we play it right, we could potentially turn the Atlantis situation around using WISHIUM.

Send in a Red Wolf team, all armed with a WISHIUM pill. When they encounter one of the magical mermaids or steampunk guys, have them pop the pill and venture in. Preferably while taking machine-gun fire and drowning. With poisons in their blood. And recently having swallowed metal. Basically, use WISHIUM to create a perfect counter for the Atlantean's bullshit, while at the same time trying to get in as many other mutation-perimeters as possible.

Another option is to get some drones/spybots/intel-gatherers and send them in. With any luck, we can learn about the habits, abilities, and etcetera of the Atlanteans. Then, we can use that knowledge to develop a specific WISHIUM mutation parameter perfect for, as said above, countering the Atlanteans.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »

Oh, yes. The deal with the other Mega Corps.

Don't step on our toes and we won't step on yours.

And ask Aperture if they have any spybot thingies we could borrow. Infiltrate Atlantis with them, perhaps use them to scatter health pills throughout the city.

-Keep sending in mercenaries, but give them WISHIUM to give them an edge- or rather, a foothold- in combat.
-Maybe look around for some sort of mopey tough guy with issues who would be suitable as an elite soldier to send into Atlantis with all the best genetic upgrades to run around being a one-man genocide machine.
-Have Dr J and his team develop health pillz. Be exceedingly sloppy about their storage.
-Organise a sort of mutual non-aggression pact with the other megacorps, and see if Aperture has any robots we could use for our 'exploration' of Atlantis.
Long Live United Forenia!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »

Experiment with Wishium until we make a mutant suitable for combat. Then repeat the same process over and over to make mutant attack teams to send to attack Atlantis.

Expose a Wishium subject to more Wishium in the five minutes of thing-receiving.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2012, 11:35:46 pm »

Nuke's plan is the best.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2012, 02:42:51 pm »

My plan was dwarfier.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2012, 12:05:29 pm »

Um, sir? Are you okay?

Dr. Johnston really clocked you when you suggested storing them in screens and such. I didn't like it myself, but Dr. Johnston certainly... well,  anyway, he's developed it (It's called RealPancea, actually) and he's stored it in first aid kits liberally placed at areas where wounds from combat or otherwise would be likely and would result in a need for immediate healing. He's also updated the weapons locker with a few Red Wolf weapons. In other news, we sent in a few teams and they have managed to establish a firm foothold. They can't initiate operation Shock and Awe, but it'll do. They have a base set up, and Red Wolf has offered their services for free in order to destroy the Atlantean menace. In their words, "If these bastards can wipe out a Red Wolf team, these bastards could wipe out the world."

Aperture Science said they didn't have any spybots at the moment, but they happily donated a free Asmiov-Grade AI Core with free installation. We also get a choice of the personality. They also offered to do some advertising for us, showing an example (Featuring the Cave Johnson Replica, (Sort of) CEO!) here: Military Grade Turrets

Spoiler: Personalities (click to show/hide)

What do you think, sir?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:26 pm »

Rat.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »

Rick. And have him oversee the Red Wolf operations.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 05:04:41 pm »

Rat.

Wouldn't be rapture without a schizophrenic overlord protecting everyone from themself.

I mean, we already have the wishium :P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:33 am »

Hm, okay sir... I'm going to flip a dime and decide... Actually, nah. If you can't decide, I'll see what I can do.

I guess Rick is a lot less schizophrenic, so that's our choice... Hey, sir. Do you mind if you come with me? We're going to delete some of those files in the booby-trap room. Don't worry, the booby trap is disabled until you are out of the room. It's just pretty normal stuff, it's just that we have got some documents that could be useful.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:37 am »

booby trap?  ???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7