Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Dryspell  (Read 16432 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Dryspell
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:02 pm »

Yeah, if we're not expected to go to the port and accost people because of that little incident, I don't know why it was there. Except to establish that the cops are as corrupt as we are or worse.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 02:40:26 pm »

I kinda think we're playing as the Villians with good PR when we play as the Randals :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »

Yeah, if we're not expected to go to the port and accost people because of that little incident, I don't know why it was there. Except to establish that the cops are as corrupt as we are or worse.
We could have tried to save him, and/or try to convince the cops to liberate his stuff/pokemon to us, for "disposal"... :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »

We could have tried to save him, and/or try to convince the cops to liberate his stuff/pokemon to us, for "disposal"... :P

Possible, but not probable. One, the cop was already on the side of the Randals, and why would we save someone from Peterson, or even rumored to be from them. Two, I don't think we are going to just go around stealing pokemon and mugging random people(at least I don't think Dael would.) Mobsters weren't random thugs sulking in alleyways looking for marks to pickpocket.

I still think the most obvious reason for having that little scene was to give us an option to go directly oppose Peterson. I know it was basically railroaded against because there were no npcs or plot written up for it, but I'm ready to take Dael and go to the docks anyway. We were told to cause as much trouble for the petersons as possible on our way to deliver this booze. It just seems like we have very little options, the 'side quests' seem very linear so far and we don't have the option to do otherwise even though the initial intro seemed very open ended.

I didn't really like the tournament idea, Dael is a brawler not a pokemon commander, and I still don't like the Ghost operation thing planned. I Just don't think Dael would do it, and I think our team in general is going to get trounced if we try and take all our fighting and normal type pokemon up against ghost pokemon.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 09:10:29 pm »

Hey, I'm just lucky my Tyrogue has foresight. Won't be too useless that way.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2012, 02:20:38 pm »

Hey, guys, here's the FE game I was planning to do. Well, apparently, I'm doing it tonight. HAVE FUN: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100479.0
Still alive, amazingly.

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2012, 11:07:58 pm »

Welp, double posting.

So, uh, guys, what's the status for tomorrow? Weird, are you playing the stuffing out of the new DF version?
Still alive, amazingly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:56 pm »

I'm up for it. Dunno about anyone else though...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »

Welp, double posting.

So, uh, guys, what's the status for tomorrow? Weird, are you playing the stuffing out of the new DF version?

Didn't notice it until you pointed it out. I'll likely just dick around in adventure mode a bit until they update the Lazy Newb Pack. Don't know how anybody can play the game in fortress mode without Dwarf Therapist...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 11:41:55 pm »

From what I've seen it's mostly for adventure mode types anyway. I'd much rather play dwarf mode. So I'm in no real hurry about jumping in with omgomgdfupdate.

In other news, looking forward to playing this game tomorrow. I'd like to push to start the Peterson Campaign? Been thinking about it, and I'd like to see how that goes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:56 pm »

Alright. We may as well start with their intro.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »

We're playing today I assume?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2012, 04:16:31 pm »

Assuming people show up, Yes. We will be doing the Petersons tonight, and Starting in Piston City, a heavily industrialized factory town. (Assuming Haika shows up and throws up some maps for us)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2012, 06:46:58 pm »

Game is in 3.25 hours? That's 9:00 local time, so I can make it.
No promises about being able to RP like a smart person though, doing Comp Sci homework makes me no brain the things good.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »

Brought the server up early. There's some nice factory maps on the board already, need anything specific added for peterson?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13