Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How big is your catacomb?  (Read 3421 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Re: How big is your catacomb?
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:24 pm »

whatever main wide passage the dwarves have to travel through often, ill dig out 1 square alcoves in the walls and put the coffins there, so my dwarves get happy thoughts from them.

Urist McWidower: "Thats such a well crafted coffin, I'm glad my wife got eaten by that skeleton shark"
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 01:45:50 am »

That's pretty hilarious, I never thought about that.  Set up meeting halls in your catacombs and watch the happy thoughts fly!

Careful that you don't get carried away with this though and start putting the wrong dwarves in masterwork coffins though... might tick off your nobles.  Or maybe that's only artifact coffins...

Of course, an insane and later dead noble is just one more coffin for the gallery.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 02:24:20 am »

That's pretty hilarious, I never thought about that.  Set up meeting halls in your catacombs and watch the happy thoughts fly!

Careful that you don't get carried away with this though and start putting the wrong dwarves in masterwork coffins though... might tick off your nobles.  Or maybe that's only artifact coffins...

Of course, an insane and later dead noble is just one more coffin for the gallery.

Unfortunately, nobles are so extremely useless they tend to make a lot of friends.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 02:26:50 am »

Unfortunately, nobles are so extremely useless they tend to make a lot of friends.

Even more coffins for the gallery! :D
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:46 am »

Even more coffins for the gallery! :D

Very dwarfy, but it becomes a problem when I start having my legendary strand extractor go melancholy and throw himself into the magma cistern.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]