Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Weird dream  (Read 4625 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Weird dream
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:19 pm »

Not Adamantine, but I have dreampt of DF. I was somehow seeing it from a DF view, and my view at the same time. I was in a corridor. There was a store room on the left, and miasma coming through a door on the right. I wanted to go past it. Then i got confused and woke up.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 02:03:15 pm »

The only DF related dream I've had was on a bus, of me throwing a severed foot at someone whilst shouting come at me bro. I promptly woke up.

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35:41 pm »

lowercase g's once invaded my house, they killed my pets, but I flooded my house in time to save myself. I forgot to put a drainage system so I  drown. Relates to the fort I had lost earlier that week.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 07:17:51 pm »

Stuff like this:
My dwarves mated with the local elves and created many an abomination.
And that's how ElfCollaborator was born.
and this:
The only DF related dream I've had was on a bus, of me throwing a severed foot at someone whilst shouting come at me bro. I promptly woke up.
Is the reason I love to read random posts on this forum :D Thanks for the laugh!
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

pivole

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:gut-rotting brews]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 08:14:25 am »

Seeing in ASCII? It's sort of like some terrible version of the matrix, I'd imagine.
And not dwarf fortress, but I have had dreams in which all is tetris. Those are no fun, as I keep giving myself the wrong blocks.
For glory, Godde and gold in the Virginia Company!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 08:33:29 am »

Seeing in ASCII? It's sort of like some terrible version of the matrix, I'd imagine.
And not dwarf fortress, but I have had dreams in which all is tetris. Those are no fun, as I keep giving myself the wrong blocks.

A good tetris-dream would be nothing but long, straight ones?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 08:39:48 am »

A bad one would be forever T blocks? I mean sure, you'd get the first few waves easily...

But then...

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 08:49:16 am »

I actually had a DF related dream not 3 nights ago.

I was running flat-out and then I stood into a puddle.. and then the puddle froze instantly on my foot and I found that I couldn't breathe. And then I woke up.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

I've had a dream about facebook once. I did something, woke up, realized it was a dream, went back to sleep, dreamed it again. About five wake ups later, I was getting pissed at my brain. And yeah, I have also had a DF dream.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

A bad one would be forever T blocks? I mean sure, you'd get the first few waves easily...

But then...

No, a bad tetris-dream would be only those wierd

Code: [Select]
   ___
   |
----

things.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

I've dreamt in what-my-mind-translates-the-ANSII-to, so that would have been after a bit of a DF overdose[1].  I've dreamt in Minecraft blocks.  In GTA-world (to be honest, could be any one of a number of similar things, save for the obvious causation on top of the basic correlation).  As driving Carmageddon cars, as being in Digger/Pacman universes, basically everything but Pong.

I most like dreaming in obviously-CGI-worlds that aren't specifically game-related, but then hate myself for never getting around to implementing that particular interesting landscape/concept in a game of my own, once I awake, as I'm obviously underutilising the inspiration granted to me.  (But some concepts are being kept in mind for when I do get around to developing such things...  The bits that aren't obviously derived from some other influence...  though I've seen concepts appear in other games since that I'm now not so keen to be apparently copying, although it proves they were considered good ideas by others as well...)

The other night (nearly posted on the non-game forums about this, but restrained myself at the time) I dreamed about verbally proofreading some particularly badly spelled/grammared book, towards someone of note, and I believe this came from having read a certain (different) game forum the previous day in which even the official moderator messages were all... wrong... just wrong.   Like "where" instead of "we're"; always the wrong "their"/"there"/"they're"; basically all the stuff I hate and which gives me minor headaches, and would never (intentionally, Pedent's Curse permitting) allow to creep into my own posts.

[1] No such thing, I know, but I don't think "rightdose" is a word. ;)

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

Please use wordplay to hide the secrets.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:22 am »

...I was not born from the mating of elves.

I was created when Toady had a moment of compassion in DF.

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 11:39:45 am »

...I was not born from the mating of elves.

I was created when Toady had a moment of compassion in DF.
Lies! Kill the half-dwarf half-elf monster!

KILL IT WITH MAGMA!
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 02:24:55 pm »

KILL IT WITH MAGMA!

Happy dreamin' bay12
Pages: 1 [2] 3