Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DF on Xbox360  (Read 7408 times)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: DF on Xbox360
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2012, 06:42:14 am »

Just sell DF to EA and they will make a console version.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 09:07:17 am »

Just sell DF to EA and they will ruin it by turing it into some kind of shitty FPS.

FTFY.

Also, this place can get annoying enough as it is with new users really not getting DF and asking dumb questions like "Can I has Multiplayer?"... Imagine what it would get like if the great unwashed hordes of console gamers descended upon us.
This is a blank sig.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 10:56:56 am »

Yeah, maybe we should use something similar to Yahoo , that thing that checks the question name and content and search for similar posts automaticaly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:07:15 am by peskyninja »

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

The Xbox would die if you tried to run DF on it. Any decent computer is a LOT more powerful then an Xbox.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:50 am »

snips

Honestly, you can buy a cheapo laptop that can run DF fine.

LIES! i have a cheap laptop, cant run anything its even slow when shutting down a website.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 07:15:10 am »

snips

Honestly, you can buy a cheapo laptop that can run DF fine.

LIES! i have a cheap laptop, cant run anything its even slow when shutting down a website.

Mine cost 99$ and can run DF with 100 dwarves at 40 FPS.
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:55 pm »

That is not normal.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 12:38:39 pm »

Over Dfterm? :P

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:09 pm »

Ohh another use for a Raspberry Pi....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:06 pm »

HP G60, look it up
I got mine for 99$
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Fredson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 06:29:38 pm »

HP G60, look it up
I got mine for 99$

Thats... incredibly cheap  :o And even if I swore to never youse AMD mobile CPUs again I would take it without hesitation.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 03:37:46 am »

I have a quad core 3.3GHz + 8 gigs of ram and I lag at 400? dwarves and all their nasty little animal friends while running it in HDMI on a fatty television.

Xbox can go drool elsewhere, the real machines have computing to do.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

anubite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 07:41:17 am »

I don't think there's actually a demand for this. Humoring the idea is fine, but it's silly to consider even for a second. How awful it would be to play DF using a controller. And if you're going to hook up a keyboard to a console, what's the point?

The Xbox has pretty narrow specs. You'd be hard pressed to get it functioning adequately without optimizing DF to death. Effort would be better spent optimizing it for the PC, given how DF is a game of simulation and calculation, which are tasks computers are designed and produced for.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »

I don't think there's actually a demand for this. Humoring the idea is fine, but it's silly to consider even for a second...The Xbox has pretty narrow specs. You'd be hard pressed to get it functioning adequately without optimizing DF to death. Effort would be better spent optimizing it for the PC, given how DF is a game of simulation and calculation, which are tasks computers are designed and produced for.

I would be pretty excited if we could play DF on a tablet, actually.  Dfterm and remote desktop seem to be the only ways to that so far. 

Even if Toady just added mouse support for more of the game functions that would help, since mouse = stylus on most tablets.  And yeah, it would be laggy, but when I'm stuck on a plane what else am I going to be doing?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:21 pm »

look at clouds, close your eyes and dream.....dream.

so an xbox wont run DF...ok.

also the xbox has always been faster than my pcs.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4