Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haunted/Possessed materials  (Read 819 times)

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
Haunted/Possessed materials
« on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:06 am »

google "The Real Ghostbusters: Lost and Foundry" now imagine the implications of your dwarfs metal crafts fighting back if you smelted it in a haunted region. or possibly the outcome of one of those new cursed mysts? it turns the crafts alive directly or takes the forge and corrupts it like it did in the show.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:47:03 am by darklord92 »
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haunted/Possessed materials
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:47 am »

It would probably be better if you provided the information yourself or gave more information on what you mean instead of "Hey, search google and research what I mean. Come back and then agree with me".

If you mean ghosts possessing objects and having them hurl at you. Then yes it is good.

Also "Haunted regions" arn't haunted.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »

your right i should explain more. i mean that the objects would become animated, dolls made out of materials Possessed or made at a "cursed" workshop would attack them an army of miniature stone/metal dolls swords that flat in the air and slash at your dwarfs till there broken. The material becomes cursed when made at the workshop and whatever it becomes eventually becomes animated and begins attacking your dwarfs.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 01:35:44 pm »

a "cursed" workshop

I have enough trouble swallowing the fact of ghosts screwing up my stockpiles.  My craft processes, too?  I'd want this described feature, only after, and I mean this sincerely.  After I was able to filter for 'good' regions in the embark filter, aswell as for 'evil' regions, or both.  As things stand now, it only allows us to filter for evil 4x4 regions.  I'm still hunting a Unilich, Undead Unicorn, in some divided regions, with both.

If on the flipside I were allowed to have "blessed" workshops producing 'dancing demonslayer axes', and 'returning singing hammers', and what not, would I want a "cursed" workshop. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  *thumbs undecided*  Need further changes for implication of this to be beneficial or detrimental.

Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:57 pm »

This could end up with your possessed food killing your fort, then terrorizing another city.

Peasant:"A particularly vicious cooked meal has us cowering in fear. go and slay furrycircle, the kitten biscuit"
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 03:17:33 pm »

google "The Real Ghostbusters: Lost and Foundry" now imagine the implications of your dwarfs metal crafts fighting back if you smelted it in a haunted region. or possibly the outcome of one of those new cursed mysts? it turns the crafts alive directly or takes the forge and corrupts it like it did in the show.

Actually, what if ghosts of dead dwarves could possess artifacts? If it would be anything like artifacts in Dungeons & Dragons, then this would be amazing.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 04:23:45 pm »

Actually that is a good idea. An artifact sword guided by the hands of a long dead +5 legendary swords man eheheheh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

Sounds deadly. How would it be stopped? Otherwise, insta fortress end right there.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »

possibly disassembling the workshop would reveal the monster ( poltergeist? ) that had possessed it? killing it would cause all of the cursed objects to become normal. than again. why not just trade them to the Elfs?

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 08:56:57 pm »

he he... haunted sock he he....
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »

N
he he... haunted sock he he....
Now your socks come to your dwarfs!

though this does look like a lag pit. having to figure out all of the objects parts as well as how to damage it. It could be done with the whole object and rely on an HP system like zombies currently do.