Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Minecraft Server  (Read 7435 times)

Gregracious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Minecraft Server
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 01:31:30 am »

The thing with rounds and all this.. I just dont think i'd like that at all.

But that's how DF's supposed to be played?  You embark on a fortress until everyone dies.  That's what I'm trying to replicate. 

I tought it would'v been a simple minecraft survival server based on DF, with RP elements and events (goblin sieges etc.), all that and a nice, organized community (so no-one would go out and build a random house/outpost somewhere).

This is a simple survival server based on DF.  The RP elements will depend on the players themselves.  And yes, I do plan to have events such as goblin sieges, NPC's arriving, etc.  But all those are going to be other players.  As for the organized community, this is still relatively new.  We've got 4 people signed up as dwarfs and 4 people interested in playing as the NPC's/goblins/enemies.  And the way this idea is themed is that if you attempt to go out and build a random house by yourself then you will be doomed to fail when enemies start attacking.

But neh, nevermind, it seems much like a duty than some fun.

I would not be hosting a server for this if I did not expect anyone to have fun.  The only duty that I'm requiring is that dwarfs are able to commit to be online at the same time as everyone else.  It's once a week for an hour, and I don't think that's too much to ask.  If you can't handle that then players have the option to become a NPC/Goblin and not being as committed to a schedule.       

If you decide to reconsider and change your mind, you can still signup.  But note the deadline for playing as a dwarf for the first fortress is 2/5/2012.  Beyond that date, you can only play as a NPC/Goblin.   

:)

Gregracious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:32:32 am »

Update:

-Added World Map to OP!
-Deadline for Dwarf Signup is 2/5/2012 (2 days remaining)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:38:55 am by Gregracious »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 04:24:30 am »

Too late to join?

MC name: Ultimuh
Pages: 1 [2]