Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid parties...  (Read 652 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid parties...
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »

Stupid legendary cheese maker keeps organizing parties. I'd like to just chuck him into magma somewhere, but I'm sure more will come after him and organize more parties anyway. Is there a way to prevent this, or reduce it's occurrence?
Feeling down? Click Here!

JinF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid parties...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:58:17 pm »

Remove the item from which the party originates (statue, table etc). And to prevent it, don't assign any statue gardens or other social areas.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:06:15 pm »

So, meeting halls are a bad idea?
Feeling down? Click Here!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

Yes. Meeting area zones serve all the same purposes and don't spawn time-wasting parties.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:06:43 pm »

It is the way to go though for mature forts that want children, not immigrants. marriages and thus children don't occur unless tou let em socilize

personally, I never had a problem with a party yet
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »

You'll get plenty of children even without parties.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:21:30 am »

I usually just assign a meeting zone in the dining hall.  Then when I've got most of the things done with my fort, I build a good statue or assignable artifact right in the middle of the dining hall.  Even more good thoughts for dwarves that you just can't find things to do.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 04:28:26 am »

Yes. Meeting area zones serve all the same purposes and don't spawn time-wasting parties.

Dwarves not getting drunk during huge parties in the bowels of the earth? Heresy!

(Seriously, when my fortress is big enough to have a few spare dorfs for its vital operations, parties have not been too much of a problem. Occasionnaly bothersome, but not too much of a hassle. Having your whole fort hanging around 1 or 2 dorves is generally inviting Mr Murphy to the game  :).)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:19 am »

it does make for interesting reactions when Urist McCheesemaker is caught outside in a goblin ambush, after all the parties he throws
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 04:48:57 am »

it does make for interesting reactions when Urist McCheesemaker is caught outside in a goblin ambush, after all the parties he throws

Well, either give him a chance and conscript him into an inactive fully armored squad, or just keep him in a safe burrow...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:52:55 am »

why? that is no fun