Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101215 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 4 (7/13): Too Many Neutrals [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #435 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »

Two things:

1) My role name is Ultragunner.
2) Shake lied about Red Herring and the ability that got removed. He lost his immortality ability when Zrk2 targeted him, and he had no immunity to ability removal. He did have immunity to 'role changes' in the ability that got removed, but clearly that didn't mean much.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »

2) Shake lied about Red Herring and the ability that got removed. He lost his immortality ability when Zrk2 targeted him, and he had no immunity to ability removal. He did have immunity to 'role changes' in the ability that got removed, but clearly that didn't mean much.
Wait what? When did that happen?

Also, no action claim?

Toaster, why didn't you point out that losing your kill wouldn't result in losing your other abilities and go straight to calling Urist scum?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 17, 2012, 03:17:52 pm »

Toaster:
Oh, you mean using the removal that will be redirected away from you?  I guess I know who his scumbuddy is.
New info from webadict: My auto does not redirect day actions.

Bookthras:
But the interesting thing is: I inspected Urist Imiknorris last night, and got Mafia.
Ahahaha no.

Urist's kill on Powder Miner is a pretty standard Mafia choice of target, and it was the only kill on N1.
I killed PM because he looked like he was only trying to keep himself out of the noose. That and his lack of a roleflip makes me think he had an advanced-dopp ability which he used N1.

Think: Who did you redirect Zrk2 to N2? You've been avoiding answering this for entirely too long. Who else did you redirect?

Bookthras+Vector: Why so adamant about the existence of a cult? As far as I can see, this game's cult is entirely fictional - one of the "cultists" was unable to have his alignment changed, and the other one could choose his death flip.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2012, 03:29:10 pm »

Book:
But Toaster's actions seem intertwined with Urist's (and mine); I can't help but think my temporary track is related to Toaster's claim of having tracked Urist, and his sudden "disappearance of an inspection"... I think they are scumbuddies, managed somehow to detect my inspection, and decided to preemptively strike by claiming an inspection result of scum on me.

This all seems highly speculative.

Why did you block me?

Darvi:
Toaster, why didn't you point out that losing your kill wouldn't result in losing your other abilities and go straight to calling Urist scum?

Eh?  He's saying his auto-redirect would cause my ability to fail on him, contrary to my claim.  I'm calling him a liar.  I don't see what you're saying.

Urist I:
New info from webadict: My auto does not redirect day actions.

Okay?  You're still lying, because I didn't get redirected.

Can anyone vouch for your redirect?  I bet not, because it's a figment of your imagination.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 17, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »

Oh. I thought he was calling you out on being able to action after having been blocked once. Nevermind, then.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »

Bookthras:
Urist's kill on Powder Miner is a pretty standard Mafia choice of target, and it was the only kill on N1.
I killed PM because he looked like he was only trying to keep himself out of the noose. That and his lack of a roleflip makes me think he had an advanced-dopp ability which he used N1.
An... advanced-dopp ability? Like in a suicide to turn another player into scum? And you think he used it N1? So... did you kill him or not?

Your scummy story is crumbling fast.

Bookthras+Vector: Why so adamant about the existence of a cult? As far as I can see, this game's cult is entirely fictional - one of the "cultists" was unable to have his alignment changed, and the other one could choose his death flip.
Not only that, one of Native's abilities is a [Mafiakill], so I doubt he was actual cult. Still, I don't rule a cult out, wuba likes lots of factions, and several earlier BYORs had both scum and cult (and SK, and others).

And no, I'm not adamant about a cult, please show me where I said that, or admit you are lying when you said I did. I merely said "why not?" when asked if possible.[1] Lynch all liars.

Book: Why did you block me?
Because I didn't quite buy your miller claim, and a couple of your comments during D1 seemed off to me. So I decided to block you N1 to test it. If no kill happened, then I'd claim and out you. Since the kill did happen, I moved on.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 17, 2012, 04:25:35 pm »

Bookthras:
An... advanced-dopp ability? Like in a suicide to turn another player into scum? And you think he used it N1? So... did you kill him or not?
That is indeed what I think happened, and yes I did kill him. Due to the lack of a roleflip, I am forced to assume that my kill wasn't what actually killed him, but the ability was used up.

And no, I'm not adamant about a cult, please show me where I said that, or admit you are lying when you said I did. I merely said "why not?" when asked if possible.[1] Lynch all liars.
The "adamant" part was more toward Vector for this:

I was assuming just the cult, SK, and the survivor team, since that's what we've seen/heard so far
Despite Native having flipped with a mafiakill ability.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 17, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »

Bookthras:
That is indeed what I think happened, and yes I did kill him. Due to the lack of a roleflip, I am forced to assume that my kill wasn't what actually killed him, but the ability was used up.

So... you think he died twice? Or you killed him but he was already dead? On the basis of what, his lack of a role flip? Aren't there endless possible explanations for that? You are drowning in wine, scum!

...which doesn't explain at all the supposed lack of a Mafia kill that night in your version of events. Unless you think Toaster was the scum, and I blocked him, and therefore no kill, but then why would he claim I'm scum? It doesn't make an iota of sense. No. There was a Mafia kill: yours on Powder Miner.

All this on top of your imaginary redirect, for which no evidence whatsoever exists.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 17, 2012, 04:52:10 pm »

So... you think he died twice? Or you killed him but he was already dead? On the basis of what, his lack of a role flip? Aren't there endless possible explanations for that? You are drowning in wine, scum!
I can only think of three explanations for his lack of a roleflip: An advanced-dopp, a janitor (unlikely considering there was only one non-flipped kill) or Leafsnail killing him (and Leaf was still town D2). If you can think of other possibilities, by all means please share them.

...which doesn't explain at all the supposed lack of a Mafia kill that night in your version of events. Unless you think Toaster was the scum, and I blocked him, and therefore no kill, but then why would he claim I'm scum? It doesn't make an iota of sense. No. There was a Mafia kill: yours on Powder Miner.
Who am I voting again? Also, Toaster's calling you scum because he claimed a scum inspection on you.

There's also the possibility of the conversion being a mafiakill ability - it would result in one less townie, after all.

All this on top of your imaginary redirect, for which no evidence whatsoever exists.
How about everybody actions me tonight after Toaster gets lynched today?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 17, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »

... Wait, wasn't there someone who officially flipped cult?  I could have sworn I saw something...

Or no, maybe I just didn't read NativeForeigner's role well enough  :-\

Okay, look, I obviously need to get off my ass and reread this game, because I just don't know what the facts are anymore.  I'll have a readup later tonight.  Gonna look for interactions, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 20, 2012, 11:30:45 am »

Y'all get posting. Ya hear me?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 20, 2012, 01:12:17 pm »

Why aren't you all voting Book for being scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 20, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »

Because I'm voting you for being scum.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 20, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »

And I'm voting you for being scum. Thought Toaster is likely scum too.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34