Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101218 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 3 (10/13): Back To Square None
« Reply #390 on: February 14, 2012, 09:20:00 pm »

Zrk2: How is that bastardy? What is the name of that ability? Oh, and who did you try to target last night?

Darvi:
Darvi: Why so serious lazy?
Because the previous day was a huge pile of "?! What did Shakerag do?" and "You cannot grasp the true form of Zrk2's attack" which I still don't know how it happened.
If you had read the thread, you'd have found the answer to that.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #391 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »

Zrk2:
Also, some sort of role changer must exist in this game because I automatically cannot have my role or alignment changed unless it is by my own role. I assume this refers to the abovementioned ability. It's called requires citation.

Odds are we've got us a bastard mod due to the fact that when I die I will now show up as cult, but if inspected I'll show townie.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2012, 02:57:37 am »

Darvi: time pressure.

Orangebottle: For the same reasons I voted you yesterday, along with a fair bit of piggybacking on others arguments today.

Here's my claim. I am a Survivor-Ally, who wins as long as a survivor is alive at the end of the game. If Shakerag's claim is true, then I have the game handed to me on a platter, so I'm kind of curious what the catch is. I had a one-shot revive, which is now gone. Last night I redirected Zrk2 to a target, as I didn't fully trust Zrk2 yet and I wanted a way to test his claim. I won't reveal the target yet, though. I have no auto-abilities of any sort, and if I die again, I'm plain dead. I have a one-shot that I'm not revealing at the moment.

All this is to say that while Zrk2's post may be lampshading scuminess, he isn't lying about that part of the night. I find the whole 'I flip as cult' thing rather silly, but honestly that makes me more likely to believe him. It's WIFOMy, but I don't find it immediately out of the question.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2012, 03:04:57 am »

Zrk2:
Also, some sort of role changer must exist in this game because I automatically cannot have my role or alignment changed unless it is by my own role. I assume this refers to the abovementioned ability. It's called requires citation.

Odds are we've got us a bastard mod due to the fact that when I die I will now show up as cult, but if inspected I'll show townie.

Zrk2, wow. That is just awful. This and all the shit I had to put up with yesterday.

So, just to clarify, you were trying to actively avoid suspicion while doing something you thought would be suspicious?
I suppose you could phrase it that way. Yeah, you could. Okay, yes. However it has extenuating circumstances. ie: the whole what happened to my night action and why is it weird. I thought it was worth mentioning and looking into, but not at the risk of being yelled down for "role fishing" which I have since learned isn't a problem now.
I fail to see how the reasons for rolefishing are relevant in this case.

Toaster:
On Dariush's claim:  I'm a miller, remember?  Of course he got a scum result.  Even he's dropped that attack.
Why are you trying to use peer pressure to get me to back down?

PPE:
I have a one-shot that I'm not revealing at the moment haven't made up yet.
Cool story bro.

along with a fair bit of piggybacking on others arguments today.
Funny, I don't remember that.

All this is to say that while Zrk2's post may be lampshading scuminess, he isn't lying about that part of the night. I find the whole 'I flip as cult' thing rather silly, but honestly that makes me more likely to believe him. It's WIFOMy, but I don't find it immediately out of the question.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:20 am »

OB:  Because all the cool kids are doing it.

Also, it was an example to show you how poorly thought through your attack was.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:44 am »

This just in: Toaster and Orangebottle are bandwagoning scum. Seriously, neither of you could be bothered to read his entire roleclaim? Or perhaps even the part you quoted?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:42 am »

Urist I:  What?  He's roleclaimed already.  If he had done that by himself, he would have have said so, unless he is being an idiot- especially since he could out scum by telling us whom he got the ability from.

He didn't; ergo, he is lying scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:17 am »

Way to chainsaw, Imiknorris.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

Chainsaw the guy I'm voting? What?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:14 am »

Chainsaw the guy I'm voting? What?

Ack, you're voting Zrk2?  Yeah, uh, ... never mind.  I gotta pay more attention to this stuff =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 15, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »

And... how did this happen, Zrk2?

I used my ability, and when I was PMed the result, BOOM! Show cult on death.

Zrk2:

WAT? I'm still a fucking townie, I'll just show up as cult on death, and BTW I can change what I show up as.

Zrk2, wow. That is just awful. This and all the shit I had to put up with yesterday.

Classy bloody bandwagon. You really don't see anyone other than me do you? Do you have any other scumpicks? Why haven't we seen a case out of you in a long time, just a "derp I don't like Zrk2, let's lynch him". Stop fucking tunnelling and play the goddamn game.

Urist I:  What?  He's roleclaimed already.  If he had done that by himself, he would have have said so, unless he is being an idiot- especially since he could out scum by telling us whom he got the ability from.

He didn't; ergo, he is lying scum.

My alignment isn't changed, just what I show up as on death. Reading comprehension, do you has?

Native get the hell out here and post something dammit.

Oh, and someone asked and my new ability is called Blue Team.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2012, 07:26:26 pm »

WAT? I'm still a fucking townie, I'll just show up as cult on death, and BTW I can change what I show up as.

Frankly, this sounds quite unlikely. More likely is that there is a cult and you were converted over last night. Still doesn't make you a high priority lynch, though, and the bandwagoning on you is suspicious.

I need to reevaluate, and hope to post something more substantial soon. In the mean time, unvote.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »

I need less excuses to not do schoolwork.
Replace me.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:30 pm »

Zrk2: Okay, let's get this straight.  You used this ability...

I still have a oneshot night ability to copy all the abilities of a target for future use. This one's called copypasta.

...and got the above mentioned ability to be a godfather/death-cultmiller.  Is that correct?

If that's so, why have you not immediately claimed who you targeted, given that that is an obvscum ability?  Your failure to do that is another huge scumslip of yours.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:54 pm »

Native get the hell out here and post something dammit.

Cute. Have anything else on me or are you just attacking me because you can't think of anything better to do?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34