Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101232 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 3 (10/13): Back To Square None
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2012, 04:22:03 am »

Yes, you should. I think I will vote Think0028 until you do. But I gotta say, that's the second day in a row Zrk2's move is scummy[1]. But there's plenty of people we haven't heard of in a while. Lurkers are taking advantage of lurking like lurkscum. If only there was a tool for that...

Mod: Vote count, please, and prod the prod-worthy.

PS: [1]: Rolefishing on D3 is not scummy. Saying "Oh crap! what I just said sounded scummy, so I'd better justify it" is plently scummy.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:01 am »

...Oh, wait, there is! Brand new stuff and all!

It says: Moderator please prod: Shakerag: Last posted: 154 hours ago. All others have posted at least once. Hm. Not that I missed that much. Still.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry for the long Night.
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2012, 09:18:33 am »

Vector may no longer vote Darvi!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 - Bookthras,
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 - Urist Imiknorris,
Darvi -
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Vector, Think0028, Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, Darvi, Zrk2, Toaster,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:04 am »

Native:
Native:  You've had plenty of time to catch up.  Let's get some content from you now.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2012, 09:58:51 am »

Huh.  Has it really been that long already?  Okay, I'll post more later today, busy right now.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:11 pm »

Zrk2, why did you lampshade your rolefishing? Why say "Oh wait, that is scummy" instead of just not doing it? Also, did you target me by any chance?

I figured that I'd ask, but admit the problem and leave whether there is an answer up to whoever did (or possibly did not) redirect me. My logic being that I might as well ask on the off chance that it is answered, but at the same time be honest and show that I am aware that it constitutes rolefishing.

So it's really fucking lazy.

Did anyone redirect me last night? My results were, odd, to say the least. Aw shit. That's rolefishing. Never mind. Darvi, how the hell do you justify not reading the thread in four days?

Why are you so concerned with looking like scum?

The fuck is this? I got an odd result, so I wanted to ask, but then I noted that it was "role fishing" and heaven help me if I ask another person about their role. Anyway, I was most likely redirected because I got some weird shit, and I thought that I should acknowledge it inb4 someone does exactly what you did here.

Why did you even bring it up if you already knew you were rolefishing? It's not like you don't have a backspace button.

Answered above.

PS: [1]: Rolefishing on D3 is not scummy. Saying "Oh crap! what I just said sounded scummy, so I'd better justify it" is plently scummy.

Good to know. I explained my reasoning above, so no point elaborating on it again.

Native, this is retarded.

Why the hell are you voting for Think Bookthras? He was NKed, and I don't see how that earns a vote. While I agree an explanation of his revive would be nice I don't think a vote is justified solely on the basis of reviving.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:12 pm »

Native:
Native:  You've had plenty of time to catch up.  Let's get some content from you now.

That was plenty of content considering the lack of time I have on my hands.

Zrk2: Your reasoning was shitty, I want better. You can point out that you were redirected without fishing (which as Bookthras said, isn't all that scummy D3) or just not bothered pointing out the rolefishing. I'm asking why you felt the need to point it out instead of just leaving it or omitting it.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:22 pm »

Because I wanted to see if people would tell me if it had happened, but I didn't want them to if they felt that it was rolefishing because that has been strongly condemned previously. That's really all there is to it. I wanted to know what happened but I didn't want to press 'cuz rolefishing. But apparently that isn't an issue D3, so if anyone redirected me please tell me so now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2012, 06:23:09 pm »

Darvi: Why so serious lazy?
Because the previous day was a huge pile of "?! What did Shakerag do?" and "You cannot grasp the true form of Zrk2's attack" which I still don't know how it happened.

Think, you were voting for OB last day. Since he's not dead yet, why aren't you further pressing him, or other people?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:56 pm »

Just letting everyone know--I need to do a reread, and I'm in the middle of finishing a programming project.  I'll do a real post as soon as I can.  Frankly, I've got no leads right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2012, 06:53:51 pm »

Because I wanted to see if people would tell me if it had happened, but I didn't want them to if they felt that it was rolefishing because that has been strongly condemned previously. That's really all there is to it. I wanted to know what happened but I didn't want to press 'cuz rolefishing. But apparently that isn't an issue D3, so if anyone redirected me please tell me so now.
So, just to clarify, you were trying to actively avoid suspicion while doing something you thought would be suspicious?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:45 pm »

So, just to clarify, you were trying to actively avoid suspicion while doing something you thought would be suspicious?

I suppose you could phrase it that way. Yeah, you could. Okay, yes. However it has extenuating circumstances. ie: the whole what happened to my night action and why is it weird. I thought it was worth mentioning and looking into, but not at the risk of being yelled down for "role fishing" which I have since learned isn't a problem now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

Why are you more worried about being accused of role-fishing than you are about actually role-fishing and helping the scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »

I was also worried about rolefishing, hence why I requested an answer if anyone thought it was worth it. It was a shot in the dark to see if anyone had information without causing a clusterfuck. I seem to have failed on both accounts there.

OH! One more thing. Odds are we've got us a bastard mod due to the fact that when I die I will now show up as cult, but if inspected I'll show townie.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »

And... how did this happen, Zrk2?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34