Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101254 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 12:16:44 am »

You know what I just said--that part where I'm at the end of my tether?  I'm not your monkey, you slimy sack of ebola-infested shit, and I'm not going to play the game at the pace you set just because you feel like ramming yourself down my throat.  If anyone else wants to complain about my activity or aggressiveness, they can go for it.  As for you, though, O Mount Asshole, you seem to not understand the idea that sometimes people have other things going on.

Harassing, for example, has a certain pattern.  It goes like this:  One person calls out another in angry, derogatory language.  The second person responds.  The first person posts immediately afterwards and uses more curse words (more pressure!).  Second person responds.  The first person keeps on pushing the second person as much as possible by rapid-posting and thinking up progressively more colorful insults.

The constant stream of verbal abuse and pressure via rapid-posting is even more necessary when person A, say, lacks a vote and the targets are perennial lurkers who have hardly posted in the entire game.  You know what's easy to ignore?  Posts that go "Hey, X, where the fuck are you?" with no vote attached.

And so here's the problem with your little plan: I do not have an ability to just sit in front of the computer and harass, harass, harass.  Sometimes I have time to post, sometimes I don't; sometimes I have energy, sometimes I don't.  I have only been in front of a computer for three hours or so today, and for two of those hours I was working.  Is that a good situation for launching a harassment campaign?  No, it's not.  The fact that I had the decency to tell you why I'm not being active active active Vector, mostly keeping cool in response to your overly nasty introductory posts, should not be grounds for further vitriol on your part.

There's loads of people less active than I am who haven't furnished explanations for their absences or done half the scum-hunting I have despite all the aforementioned shit that's going on.  I have in fact, as of now, posted more than anyone else in the fucking game.  Why the fuck are you criticizing my activity, and what leg do you have to stand on?

Grow up and grow some eyes.  Maybe someday you'll be fit to join the human race, but the intellect you're displaying right now is about what I'd expect from a paramecium.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 12:53:36 am »

Unless I'm missing something, it makes sense to me. You claim that you can't gain votes and Zrk2's ability appeared to simply be an infinity of votes (also, there were other votes on you D1), so yeah. Why do you think that is?

What the fuck does Zrk2 voting me have to do with ... oh.  Oh, for fuck's sake.  You seriously interpreted "gain" that way?  Spaghetti Monster preserve us all. 

ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY:  I can not gain votes.  By "gain" I mean I can not receive the ability to cast a vote in any way, shape, or form.  Clearly I can "gain" votes by being voted. 

Seriously.  If I said I was going to shoot you, would you think you were going to "gain" a bullet?

Is the hostility and high-and-mighty attitude really necessary? Yes, I interpreted "gain" a way that was both appropriate and different than your intended meaning of the word. It didn't cross my mind that you intended "gain" to convey a definition different from but equally appropriate to the definition I thought it to mean, and I'm apparently not the only one that interpreted it that way (you saw OB's post).

Also, yes. Technically, I would gain a bullet. Just because it's in an unwilling and painful manner doesn't make "gain" any less appropriate. Looks like you're not as unambiguous as you thought you were, so you can get over yourself now.

Vector: I don't feel like sifting through more hostile text, is it safe to assume that there is nothing relevant in your most recent posts?

OB: Stop poking the bear. You're making an ass of yourself and you're only hurting the game. Follow your own advice and do some hunting.

Dariush: Do you have any speculations on who the role might belong to?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

Here's a cleaned up summary of my rebuttals for posterity who don't want to read through a few paragraphs of cursing, or anyone who feels like tabs on Orangebottle:

I told Orangebottle that he's attacking the person who posted most in the game and is leading today's lynch for being passive and refusing to scum-hunt, and called him a bunch of excessively nasty names.  I also explained that I'm unable to run attacks on lurkers due to my vote being tied and being mostly away from a computer (as well as massive amounts of emotional exhaustion), whereas any serious long-term harassment campaign of lurkers would involve a lot of rapid-fire posting and aggression for which I have neither time nor inclination.

That's pretty much it.  Sorry for that.  I'm trying to have calmed down now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2012, 02:31:01 am »

Zrk2: I wrote the LurkerTracker as an informal apology for lurking for 2 days through the games I was in. It isn't delicious in the slightest. Merely extremely tragic.

Orangebottle: And now you're getting viciously angry at Vector for being passive. Vector. You're just trying to stir shit at this point, and my vote isn't moving at all. You are not getting anything accomplished and using anger to try to appear invested. And while this isn't scummy, you're flipping out at Zrk2 in an extremely non-constructive way. Don't do that.

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2012, 07:33:51 am »

Great, a WoT.
TL;DR active lurked through D1, claimed Toaster was scum then completely abandoned that when no one else would accept it and hasn't done much. Unvote, vote Dariush
YAY BANDWAGON

I think I explained why I changed my mind about Toaster's results. You, however, have no excuse for voting with the laziest reason ever (GAH HE LURKZ) and a simple lie. And a bandwagon to boot. Zrk2.

Dariush: Do you have any speculations on who the role might belong to?
Not really, but in interest of pure speculation I think it's Zrk because his infinitevote looks like something a person with 'Something Fun' role might have.

Shakerag
, why so aggressive about the 'gaining' thing? That really, really looks like backtracking, and amateur one at that.
Gah, ninja'd by Native. I really should start finishing reading the thread before making responses...

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »

Mod: Please prod Flandre, she hasn't posted for two days.

Flandre: Please tell us your opinions about my points against you, your read on Urist I and Toaster, and your thoughts about the most recent posts by Dariush.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »

Shakerag, why so aggressive about the 'gaining' thing? That really, really looks like backtracking, and amateur one at that.

What the hell do I have to backtrack from?  You can very easily look back at prior votecounts and see that votes do indeed count toward me.  I mean, honestly, did no one notice that fact? 

I'm "aggressive" about it because it seemed obvious to me what I meant.  And, because of personal reasons, being misinterpreted is a button-pusher for me. 

Also, why's everyone bandwagoning on you again?

Flandre: Please tell us your opinions about my points against you, your read on Urist I and Toaster, and your thoughts about the most recent posts by Dariush.

You forget you were already voting Flandre, bro? 

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2012, 05:45:52 pm »

Hey, Zrk2. You still haven't responded to my post, you fucker. You took all that time to build a wall of every opinion on every person in the game, and you still haven't responded to my fucking post. Words cannot EXPRESS how INCREIDBLY ANGRY I AM RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Your vote on Dariush is extremely fucking lazy, and your evaluation of me is incredibly fucking biased. How about instead of saying,"Herp de derp, this guy's scummy, so do all the work for me guys," you actually ask me some fucking questions instead of just FoSing me as if you're worried about me accusing you of being an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit.  By the way, you are an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit. I don't even know why you're on the front page, you're CLEARLY not playing the fucking game.

I just love how you cherry-pick the shit out of my posts to make it look like all I'm doing is tunneling the everliving fuck out of you, when in truth I'm also asking other people questions. The world doesn't revolve around you, shithead.

How is it you managed to make a huge fucking wall of opinions, yet ask zero questions that actually help you hunt scum?

Vector:Why are you being so fucking passive? Who are you suspicious of besides Dariush and Shakerag, and why aren't you voting or scumhunting?

Shakerag's claim is the worst lie I have ever seen, as by the most recent count he has gained a fucking vote. Someone NK this fucker.

My world doesn't revolve around me, but yours sure as hell does:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please note that these are in a row. You follow this with a one line post:

And then your post after that goes: I'm not lurking, see I'm tunneling Zrk2!

It strikes me as somewhat odd that your auto-abilities are not changeable but your oneshot is. Also, how can one be a survivor if you are unkillable and your role is unchangeable?

Also, it says role but not alignment. Does that mean you can change alignments but still win if you are alive at the end of the game?

Zrk2: Fair enough on the action, but I don't think you made the smartest choice for your ability. What do you think of Shakerag's claim?

As I briefly mentioned above it sounds dubious at best, as it looks like essentially an automatic win.

Today at nine? Jesus fuck, extend. I'll see if I can get a reread or something similar in tonight, for now I've got some calculus to do.
You're scumhunting the guy who apparently can't be lynched? What the fuck?
Also, you didn't respond to my last post asking you a whole bunch of questions.
Because I dont buy his claim, wiht it he essentially is a waste of space in the fucking game. You say a jester with a revive is bastardy, but did wuba not say that this was a borderline bastard game? Why in the fuck would you believe his claim?
Spoiler: Here you go! (click to show/hide)

Orangebottle:
That's not what I meant, but whatever.
I do care about scumhunting. What do you think I'm doing right now?
Half-assed imitation scumhunting with a bit of tunnelling thrown in. You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning Zrk2.
Imitation scumhunting? Half-assed? What the flying fuck? I'm pretty sure I'm doing what I always do when I'm not being lynched like a jester, and I can't remember anyone complaining about it in the past.

How aren't you doing the exact same thing you just accused me of? You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning me. Let's compare notes, here:

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Is it just me, or do those posts look very similar?

Quote from: Orangebottle
Who are you suspicious if besides Shakerag Zrk2? Why aren't you scumhunting them?
Well, let's see. There's Dariush and Toaster, and I'm not hunting them because I'm much more suspicious of Zrk2, especially given that he never even acknowledged my last post regarding him.

Are those the questions you wanted answered, asshole? See I too can punctuate every motherfucking sentence with vulgarity.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »

I'm "aggressive" about it because it seemed obvious to me what I meant.  And, because of personal reasons, being misinterpreted is a button-pusher for me. 

Of course it was obvious to you. An easy solution to your problem: be clearer the first time instead of flipping out because someone interpreted your words differently than you intended.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »

People, having read the last page or so, I think perhaps we should all take a break and relax for a bit before this degenerates into nothing but name calling, instead of name calling laced with content.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »

Orangebottle:
Imitation scumhunting? Half-assed? What the flying fuck? I'm pretty sure I'm doing what I always do when I'm not being lynched like a jester, and I can't remember anyone complaining about it in the past.
You are only seriously questioning one person. This means that either you don't actually have any other suspects or you just can't be bothered to do anything about them - which begs the question of why not.

How aren't you doing the exact same thing you just accused me of? You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning me. Let's compare notes, here:

<snip>

Congratulations, you're still tunneling, but this time you're also trying to deflect onto me. As I said, I am busy. Three exams on consecutive days will reduce the content level of my posts. Deal with it.

Well, let's see. There's Dariush and Toaster, and I'm not hunting them because I'm much more suspicious of Zrk2, especially given that he never even acknowledged my last post regarding him.
That is the absolute worst reason to not scumhunt. Oh, I'm not questioning or pressuring these other suspects because this guy's worse. Seriously? You don't think that perhaps you should still question them too? To quote you:
...there's usually more than one scumbag.
What's stopping you from harrassing those two right now?
Absolutely jack shit nothing.

I just love how you cherry-pick the shit out of my posts to make it look like all I'm doing is tunneling the everliving fuck out of you, when in truth I'm also asking other people questions. The world doesn't revolve around you, shithead.
He doesn't really need to cherry-pick your posts to make it look like that. You do a fairly good job of tunneling him on your own.

Vector:Why are you being so fucking passive? Who are you suspicious of besides Dariush and Shakerag, and why aren't you voting or scumhunting?
More deflection!

Dariush:
YAY BANDWAGON

I think I explained why I changed my mind about Toaster's results. You, however, have no excuse for voting with the laziest reason ever (GAH HE LURKZ) and a simple lie. And a bandwagon to boot. Zrk2.
YAY OMGUS

Start scumhunting, you worthless pile of terrible. And perhaps instead of screaming bandwagon at the top of your lungs, you might be interested in refuting the actual arguments against you?

I'll respond to Zrk2's megapost tomorrow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2012, 11:33:13 pm »

I need to post here, but it's not happening tonight, so I'll just respond to this:

Zrk2:
People, having read the last page or so, I think perhaps we should all take a break and relax for a bit before this degenerates into nothing but name calling, instead of name calling laced with content.

Why are you discouraging participation?  We're all adults here- we can all take a couple minutes to mentally calm ourselves before posting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2012, 07:59:29 am »

YAY BANDWAGON

YAY OMGUS

Start scumhunting, you worthless pile of terrible. And perhaps instead of screaming bandwagon at the top of your lungs, you might be interested in refuting the actual arguments against you?
Are you blind, stupid, imbecile, dropped on your head or any combination of the previous? I quite plainly said why his arguments are bullshit, but by your response it looks like you haven't read beyond the first two words.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2012, 08:36:19 am »

Are you blind, stupid, imbecile, dropped on your head or any combination of the previous? I quite plainly said why his arguments are bullshit, but by your response it looks like you haven't read beyond the first two words.
All but the first, but I'm talking about Vector's argument. Also your complete lack of scumhunting.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2012, 09:25:31 am »

I'd like to take a moment to apologize.
Sorry. That behavior was inexcusable.

Anyway, after taking a day off to cool down, it's time to clean up the huge, steaming pile of crap left behind by my meltdown.

My world doesn't revolve around me, but yours sure as hell does:

Please note that these are in a row. You follow this with a one line post:
Notice all the times I address other people in those posts.
Also, that post has more than one line to it.

And then your post after that goes: I'm not lurking, see I'm tunneling Zrk2!
More like,"I'm not lurking, I have a semi-decent case on Zrk2! And also I talked to Flandre for a while yesterday!"

Because I dont buy his claim, wiht it he essentially is a waste of space in the fucking game. You say a jester with a revive is bastardy, but did wuba not say that this was a borderline bastard game? Why in the fuck would you believe his claim?
First, don't put your response in the middle of the post, that formatting is terrible.
Second, because he already revived the first time we lynched him.

Look at this productivity right in my goddamn post above this. I went through every goddamn post in the motherfucking game and explained any that look worthy of comment or relevant in any goddamn way. I explained my reasoning for my vote, as examples were given in the everloving spoiler above it and then fucking voted. My reasoning is question enough. If I present a case on why to lynch someone I bloody well expect an attempt at refutation, because that's the only possible response other than lurking until death.
Your vote was lazy and your case was unoriginal. What's the point in asking a question that's already been asked by others?

Are those the questions you wanted answered, asshole? See I too can punctuate every motherfucking sentence with vulgarity.
Yes.
Now tell me, was it harder to go through my entire rant and pick everything apart, or answer the questions?

Now I'm going to clip all of the cursing out of the rant and show you the case within.
You took all that time to build a wall of every opinion on every person in the game, and you still didn't respond to my post. Your vote on Dariush is extremely lazy, and your evaluation of me is incredibly biased. How about instead of saying,"Herp de derp, this guy's scummy, so do all the work for me guys," you actually ask me some  questions instead of just FoSing me as if you're worried about me accusing you of being an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoneer.  By the way, you are an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoneer.

How is it you managed to make a huge wall of opinions, yet ask zero questions that actually help you hunt scum?

<snip>

Congratulations, you're still tunneling, but this time you're also trying to deflect onto me. As I said, I am busy. Three exams on consecutive days will reduce the content level of my posts. Deal with it.
And I'm not busy? I'm in three games, and I still have to worry about school.

That is the absolute worst reason to not scumhunt. Oh, I'm not questioning or pressuring these other suspects because this guy's worse. Seriously? You don't think that perhaps you should still question them too? To quote you:
...there's usually more than one scumbag.
What's stopping you from harrassing those two right now?
Absolutely jack shit nothing.
Actually, I'm trying to show everyone else how Zrk2 is scummy. Juggling three walls of text is difficult, especially when there's guaranteed to be others because I'm in two other games.

More deflection!
You're being incredibly contradictory.
When I do nothing but focus on Zrk2, you tell me I'm tunneling and not asking anybody else any questions, which is bad. When I focus primarily on Zrk2 and bring up something which I thought was a valid suspicion, and start pressuring someone about it, you call it deflection, and that's bad.

Make up your mind already.

Toaster:

Hey.

Dariush says you're scum.
He says he's able to claim your rolename and abilitynames.
And you respond with wine.
Wait, what? Wine?
Toaster, you are scum, your role is Something Fun and your abilities are Fun, Something and Have Some. Also, I'll die this night for unrelated reasons, so you don't need to waste an NK on me.
Dariush:  You must have gotten redirected, because that's not my role. It's not even something close to the kind of thing I would send in.
Why is it impossible for you to have the role of Something Fun?
Why did you respond to a serious accusation with wine?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34