Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101282 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »

It strikes me as somewhat odd that your auto-abilities are not changeable but your oneshot is. Also, how can one be a survivor if you are unkillable and your role is unchangeable?

Also, it says role but not alignment. Does that mean you can change alignments but still win if you are alive at the end of the game?

Well, frankly, how am I supposed to know what webadict was thinking when he made the roles?  Unfortunately, I don't have access to everyone's roles, so I can't see how they all fit together.  Hell, even I was scratching my head a bit when I first saw mine, as I didn't really see how the one-shot fit in with the overall theme.  My guess (which I'm assuming you want, because you're commenting) is that it was tacked on to either balance some other ability or abilities, or just so I'd have *something* that could be affected by ability-altering powers.  Which you did.  Jerkbag.

Also, how can I not be a survivor if I'm unkillable and un-role-changeable? 

As far as the role/alignments thing is concerned, I'm going to have to give you a big ol' I don't know.  I don't see any mention of "alignment" specifically in my role.   Whether that's intentional or not is up for debate. 

CRAZY THEORY:  Zrk2 lied about part of his roleclaim and is in fact the leader of some TvTropes cult.
CRAZY THEORY2:  Zrk2 lied about part of his roleclaim and has been recruited into some other cult.
REINFORCEMENT FOR CRAZY THEORIES:  Kind of focusing on being able to change roles/alignments there, eh buddy?
COUNTER TO CRAZY THEORIES:  But why draw attention to that fact during his roleclaim?

Discuss.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:54 pm »

CRAZY THEORY:  Zrk2 lied about part of his roleclaim and is in fact the leader of some TvTropes cult.
CRAZY THEORY2:  Zrk2 lied about part of his roleclaim and has been recruited into some other cult.
REINFORCEMENT FOR CRAZY THEORIES:  Kind of focusing on being able to change roles/alignments there, eh buddy?
COUNTER TO CRAZY THEORIES:  But why draw attention to that fact during his roleclaim?

Because you said your role is unchangeable and mine also says it is unchangeable, so obviously there must be some role changing in here somewhere.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2012, 05:37:45 pm »

Toaster: Sometimes I forget what is and isn't obvious to other people.  Also, I believe I was quickly posting in-between doing something else at that time... either homework or playing vidjagames.  It wasn't exactly an attempt to put together a comprehensive case.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

It strikes me as somewhat odd that your auto-abilities are not changeable but your oneshot is. Also, how can one be a survivor if you are unkillable and your role is unchangeable?

Also, it says role but not alignment. Does that mean you can change alignments but still win if you are alive at the end of the game?

Zrk2: Fair enough on the action, but I don't think you made the smartest choice for your ability. What do you think of Shakerag's claim?

As I briefly mentioned above it sounds dubious at best, as it looks like essentially an automatic win.

Today at nine? Jesus fuck, extend. I'll see if I can get a reread or something similar in tonight, for now I've got some calculus to do.
You're scumhunting the guy who apparently can't be lynched? What the fuck?
Also, you didn't respond to my last post asking you a whole bunch of questions.
Spoiler: Here you go! (click to show/hide)

Orangebottle:
That's not what I meant, but whatever.
I do care about scumhunting. What do you think I'm doing right now?
Half-assed imitation scumhunting with a bit of tunnelling thrown in. You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning Zrk2.
Imitation scumhunting? Half-assed? What the flying fuck? I'm pretty sure I'm doing what I always do when I'm not being lynched like a jester, and I can't remember anyone complaining about it in the past.

How aren't you doing the exact same thing you just accused me of? You've been addressing a few people, but only really questioning me. Let's compare notes, here:

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
Is it just me, or do those posts look very similar?

Quote from: Orangebottle
Who are you suspicious if besides Shakerag Zrk2? Why aren't you scumhunting them?
Well, let's see. There's Dariush and Toaster, and I'm not hunting them because I'm much more suspicious of Zrk2, especially given that he never even acknowledged my last post regarding him.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »

Shake: If you can't gain votes, then why do you think Zrk2's supervote ability worked on you?

Re-read what you wrote here and ask me that question again if you really think it makes sense.

Unless I'm missing something, it makes sense to me. You claim that you can't gain votes and Zrk2's ability appeared to simply be an infinity of votes (also, there were other votes on you D1), so yeah. Why do you think that is?

Toaster: Probably every instance where Flandre hopped on a bandwagon and offered very little on those who were not currently being bandwagoned.

Flandre: The only thing you had to say about my predecessor was about his lack of posting and his proposal for a massclaim. Was that all (and really enough to FoS him) or was there something else you didn't mention?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:32 pm »

Do we still have the Lurker Tracker? Could it put in an appearance please?

Web-based LurkerTracker for this thread is here. If you'd prefer an in-line version (i.e., a post with the results/links), that should be doable as well, just say so.

Thanks, that makes this post easier.

In no particular (IE the order you are on the Lurker Tracker) I present my thoughts on the players:

Spoiler: Bookthras: (click to show/hide)
Therefore I would like a Votecount, please.

TL;DR I don't see anyhting wrong here, it looks like solid town play and I have no real issues other than a bit of tunneling on Powder Miner.

Spoiler: Dariush: (click to show/hide)

TL;DR active lurked through D1, claimed Toaster was scum then completely abandoned that when no one else would accept it and hasn't done much. Unvote, vote Dariush

Spoiler: Flandre (click to show/hide)
TL;DR okay, but a little lurky and WINEY. I'm not getting a big town read from you like I am from others.

Spoiler: Orangebottle (click to show/hide)
TL;DR Decent opening, but then devloves into tunnel vision on yours truly, Orangebottle, I am disappoint.

Spoiler: Urist Imiknorris(sp?) (click to show/hide)
TL;DR pretty forgettable overall, I see no obvious scumtells, continue on as usual. >.>

Spoiler: Think0028: (click to show/hide)
TL;DR Isn't it delicious that I cna use your Lurker tracker to discover that you have made five posts since the game has begun? Where the fuck are you?

Spoiler: Toaster: (click to show/hide)
TL;DR boring generic shit is boring and generic. I'm feeling town because I see nothing weird other than the miller claim, which only generates WIFOM, and is my only problem so far.

Spoiler: NativeForeigner: (click to show/hide)
TL;DR I've got nothing, he's too new.

Spoiler: Vector: (click to show/hide)
TL;DR nothing interesting here.

There goes my afternoon, hopefully this helps.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:09 pm »

Hi there, Zrk2.  I didn't suggest a massclaim (that was one of the Urists), and I wasn't talking to myself--I was showing Shakerag that I'd already answered his RVS question.

As far as passiveness, I see no reason to jump down your throat when there's much more scummy candidates lying around who seem unwilling to defend themselves.

You need to pay more attention.  It doesn't feel like you're putting your heart into this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

I admit by the time I got to you I just wanted to finish the goddam post.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:10 pm »

Hey, Zrk2. You still haven't responded to my post, you fucker. You took all that time to build a wall of every opinion on every person in the game, and you still haven't responded to my fucking post. Words cannot EXPRESS how INCREIDBLY ANGRY I AM RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Your vote on Dariush is extremely fucking lazy, and your evaluation of me is incredibly fucking biased. How about instead of saying,"Herp de derp, this guy's scummy, so do all the work for me guys," you actually ask me some fucking questions instead of just FoSing me as if you're worried about me accusing you of being an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit.  By the way, you are an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit. I don't even know why you're on the front page, you're CLEARLY not playing the fucking game.

I just love how you cherry-pick the shit out of my posts to make it look like all I'm doing is tunneling the everliving fuck out of you, when in truth I'm also asking other people questions. The world doesn't revolve around you, shithead.

How is it you managed to make a huge fucking wall of opinions, yet ask zero questions that actually help you hunt scum?

Vector:Why are you being so fucking passive? Who are you suspicious of besides Dariush and Shakerag, and why aren't you voting or scumhunting?

Shakerag's claim is the worst lie I have ever seen, as by the most recent count he has gained a fucking vote. Someone NK this fucker.
My Sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2012, 10:53:09 pm »

You need to stop overreacting to accusations of passiveness from others.

I'm not voting because I can't vote Dariush, and I don't want to vote against Dariush' lynch (we've gone over this previously).  I made the main argument for his hanging, as you may remember.  I'm not especially worried about Shakerag, so don't project that on me (you wanna give some evidence for that opinion?).  When I have a vote again and the data from this lynch, I'll probably be rereading the game to look at interactions and harassing Think and PowderMiner.  Right now, I'm waiting for Dariush to die, seeing as I've been trying to lynch him for all of today, ability to vote him or no.

Oh, and as for your accusation of passiveness: I provided the case that's driving the current lynch.  You need to pay more attention too, bucko.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:38 pm »

That's not what I'm mad about at all. At this point, he's deliberately ignoring my fucking post. This sort of shit pisses me off to no end.

And while you've made the current lynch, there's usually more than one scumbag.
What's stopping you from harrassing those two right now?
Absolutely jack shit nothing.

Get hunting.
My Sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »

Nothing's... stopping me from harrassing those two right now?

Well, I didn't sleep enough, I had a cavity filled this morning, my abusive grandmother just left our house after her visit (read: lots of screaming and crying over the past few days, so yeah, I'm worn out), I've been working for hours today on a problem set that I am not going to be able to finish... oh, and right now I'm posting from the computer lab, having inhaled my dinner and just now finished my labwork (I spent pretty much this entire weekend bug-hunting).  Now I probably have to go do more math.

Sometimes I have time to post a little thing but I don't have time to post anything large, like earlier when I was looking stuff up for homework and decided to check on the game.  I can react, but I can't act coherently, and especially not when I've got this much other shit to do.

So here you go: fuck off and shove your assumptions where they belong.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 06, 2012, 11:23:35 pm »

You don't even need to post anything large.  <X>, why are you lurking? Look, see, harrass.
You could have done that twice in the time it took you to make that huge, descriptive post full of fucking excuses.
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch!
« Reply #328 on: February 06, 2012, 11:53:19 pm »

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle - Think0028,
Toaster -
Zrk2 - Orangebottle,
Flandre - Bookthras,
Dariush - Flandre, Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2,
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag - Toaster,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, NativeForeigner, Vector, Dariush,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Day Extended to Wednesday 9 PM Central.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:56:02 pm by webadict »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2012, 12:04:07 am »

Unless I'm missing something, it makes sense to me. You claim that you can't gain votes and Zrk2's ability appeared to simply be an infinity of votes (also, there were other votes on you D1), so yeah. Why do you think that is?

What the fuck does Zrk2 voting me have to do with ... oh.  Oh, for fuck's sake.  You seriously interpreted "gain" that way?  Spaghetti Monster preserve us all. 

ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY:  I can not gain votes.  By "gain" I mean I can not receive the ability to cast a vote in any way, shape, or form.  Clearly I can "gain" votes by being voted. 

Seriously.  If I said I was going to shoot you, would you think you were going to "gain" a bullet?

There goes my afternoon, hopefully this helps.

I almost feel bad for saying this, but you really could have just gone with the TL;DRs and skipped the rest.  If you want to spare future afternoons, just throw out your thoughts based on memory and go digging for posts only if really necessary and/or called to.  I think a lot of people are going to skim all of that at best.

Hey, Zrk2. You still haven't responded to my post, you fucker. You took all that time to build a wall of every opinion on every person in the game, and you still haven't responded to my fucking post. Words cannot EXPRESS how INCREIDBLY ANGRY I AM RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Your vote on Dariush is extremely fucking lazy, and your evaluation of me is incredibly fucking biased. How about instead of saying,"Herp de derp, this guy's scummy, so do all the work for me guys," you actually ask me some fucking questions instead of just FoSing me as if you're worried about me accusing you of being an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit.  By the way, you are an OMGUS-slinging bandwagoning piece of shit. I don't even know why you're on the front page, you're CLEARLY not playing the fucking game.

While I found this to be a highly amusing rant, OB does make some very good points here Zrk2. 

Quote from: Orangebottle
Shakerag's claim is the worst lie I have ever seen, as by the most recent count he has gained a fucking vote. Someone NK this fucker.

Jesus, did you and Native go to the same school or something?  See my response to him above. 

You don't even need to post anything large.  <X>, why are you lurking? Look, see, harrass.
You could have done that twice in the time it took you to make that huge, descriptive post full of fucking excuses.

While I think I understand where you're coming from OB, this is not really a hole you want to continue digging in because you're really not going to like hitting rock bottom.  Just take a chill pill, rub one out, and sleep on anything else you were going to say tonight. 
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34