Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101213 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

Orangebottle, you were laying low yesterday. You weren't being anywhere near as vocal as you usually are, you didn't do anything bold, reckless and stupid, and your vote on Zrk2 reeks of a bandwagon. Why so quiet?
Are you seriously trying to argue that I'm scum because I'm not playing like a jester for once? There could be any number of explanations for that specific change in behavior, one of them being that I'm actively trying to change it.

Also, I was voting for Zrk2 yesterday, and further convincing people to vote for him. He lied, then he ignored a question of mine while responding to another, and then he lied some more after that. Then he used his oneshot to ensure his own survival, earning him my vote for the rest of the game.

Also, I had a rather long talk with Flandre before that, so I wasn't as quiet as you make me out to be.

I was being quieter yesterday because I spent most of the time rereading, and doing homework.

a) I'm not talking about you not doing jestery shit, I'm talking about your lack of aggression. You usually get right in peoples' faces, but yesterday you were just sort of poked at Flandre until you bandwagoned onto Zrk2.
b) I should have been more specific - your vote on Zrk2 yesterday is the one that reeks of a bandwagon.

Thanking someone for an apology is considered buddying? Hm.
It felt like buddying, so yes.

Toaster
Urist I:  Why not vote Orangebottle if his actions are so scummy?
Because Zrk2's are so much scummier.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:11 pm »

Okay guys, here's the details, as requested, I'll read the last couple pages and respond to any specifics not covered here then.

I am a Wikipedia Editor, a pseudo-trope from TVTropes. Anyway, one of my abilities is a one-shot day action to vote infinitely many times, FYI it's called Authoritative Source. Seeing as my lynch was impending I used to to vote to lynch Shakerag, because he was useless ll day and lynching him seemed to me to be a better idea than lynching myself, seeing as I know I am a townie. Of course there's no way to prove that right now.

Due to the oddness of Shakerag reviving I used another ability (which I can use every night) to remove randomly one of his actions. It's called Edit.

I still have a oneshot night ability to copy all the abilities of a target for future use. This one's called copypasta.

Also, some sort of role changer must exist in this game because I automatically cannot have my role or alignment changed unless it is by my own role. I assume this refers to the abovementioned ability. It's called requires citation.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »

Hm. Forgot about that. But it's not the only voting weirdness I'm seeing, so I'd like to know if wuba can confirm the last D1 count as accurate.
I occasionally make errors, so I have no clue, and I'm too lazy to check. If the previous vote count was correct, then it's pretty likely correct.

I guess I'll make it explicit then, in the interest of trying to understand what's going on. Please webadict confirm if any of these are merely errors, or if we can use them as clues:

1. All votes on Zrk2/Shakerag are missing  (except Vector's), and placed elsewhere:
- Flandre's vote on Zrk2 is missing.[1], but shows up on Powder Miner.
- Think's vote on Zrk2 is missing.[2], but shows up on OrangeBottle.
- OrangeBottle's vote on Zrk2 missing[3], and shows as not voting.
- Powder Miner's vote on Shakerag is also missing[4], and shows him as not voting.

2. Toaster's vote on Powder Miner is missing.[5], shows him voting Flandre.

I seem to read this as somehow reverting people to the previous person they voted, or the next person in some sort of circle, or some other weirdness as part of the Zrk2/Shakerag thing, but I find Toaster's misplaced vote added to the mix as stranger than that.

Zrk2, Shakerag, Toaster: Can you shed any light on this weirdness?

I have no fucking clue, but I did explain my infinite votes previously. That actually seems to be about it.

Shakerag, why the fuck didn't I lynch you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Ouch!
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:20 pm »

Leafsnail has been killed!

Leafsnail was Dexter Morgan (town).

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle -
Toaster - Dariush,
Zrk2 - Urist Imiknorris, Orangebottle, Vector,
Flandre -
Dariush -
Urist_McArathos -
Shakerag - Zrk2,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Urist_McArathos, Bookthras, Flandre, Toaster, Think0028,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Leafsnail - Dexter Morgan
(Auto) Dark Passenger: This ability activates automatically or manually. You turn into a SK and gain the following ability: (Night) Professional Kill [target]: You kill the target and hide the body. The target does not roleflip and is presumed missing.
(Auto) Self Defense: If you take no action, you are protected from a single kill. If Dark Passenger is active, you also kill anyone that attempts to kill you. If this ability activates, Dark Passenger activates.
(1-Shot, Day) Blood Spatter Analysis [target]: This is usable only on a dead player with a body. If this ability does not fail, Dark Passenger activates.
(Night) Trail [target]: You trail the target, seeing who they target. If the target kills another player, Dark Passenger activates.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2012, 06:10:37 pm »

That's surprising. Who was Leafsnail questioning? IIRC I was his main target, along with Shakerag. I don't follow. Also, random day-kill. I'm going with SK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2012, 06:23:26 pm »

Ah, dang.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2012, 06:45:28 pm »

a) I'm not talking about you not doing jestery shit, I'm talking about your lack of aggression. You usually get right in peoples' faces
Really? I hadn't noticed.

Thanking someone for an apology is considered buddying? Hm.
It felt like buddying, so yes.[/quote]
Okay.

Zrk2:your infinivote oneshot was not a town oneshot.
Also, he had just started asking Dariush questions.

Dariush: you will respond to Leafsnail's post. His being dead doesn't change anything.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »

Please walk me through your logic. At worst I can see it being third-party, because you guys hate LYLO breakers, or at least you did a month or two ago when I last played here.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2012, 07:16:30 pm »

Please walk me through your logic. At worst I can see it being third-party, because you guys hate LYLO breakers, or at least you did a month or two ago when I last played here.
Simple Version: you cannot possibly be town because of your actions.
Another Simple Version: It could be used to save your life for a night, force a mislynch on a powerful town player, break LYLO, and waste a lynch. This oneshot is something that town would never find a use for.
My Sig

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »

I'd like to apologize to everyone;

My dad was admitted to hospital late last week, but I figured the worst was over and I could get past it.  It's not, and I'm having a hard time focusing.  I need a replacement, as I can't give even one game I'm in the attention it needs.

I know this is a really, really inconvenient thing to let happen (being as I'm in like, 4 games), but I over-estimated my ability to handle everything.

Sorry for the trouble, I wish you all the best of luck.

Happy Scumhunting/Mislynching!
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

I apologise for not participating today. I had little time to play, but will definitely participate tomorrow.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2012, 12:05:50 am »

Simple Version: you cannot possibly be town because of your actions.
Another Simple Version: It could be used to save your life for a night, force a mislynch on a powerful town player, break LYLO, and waste a lynch. This oneshot is something that town would never find a use for.

Hoe could the town not use the ability to unilaterally lynch someone? While I see that it can be dangerous it would most likely be OP in the hands of scum, as it is a lylo/mylo breaker, and you guys hate that, or at least you did. Has that changed? This logic is weak at best.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:46 am »

All right, unvote.  I believe Zrk2, especially because my gut was starting to read town near the end of D1.  Dariush, what do you have to say in light of Leafsnail's argumentation and his flipping town?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2012, 12:49:52 am »

Hoe could the town not use the ability to unilaterally lynch someone? While I see that it can be dangerous it would most likely be OP in the hands of scum, as it is a lylo/mylo breaker, and you guys hate that, or at least you did. Has that changed? This logic is weak at best.
I'd have considered that if I knew why town would need it to lynch someone when they can just do it with votes. It would make no sense for a town PR to have this oneshot, because a townie would never find a use for it. Scum and third parties have many uses for it, so I believe you are one of the two, especially since you used it to continue your own survival.

My Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2012, 12:57:02 am »

This one needs a reread and I haven't gotten to it, but I will say that MBP had a day-ending power of similar magnitude in Totem Mafia and was town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34