Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101257 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (12/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2012, 01:42:56 am »

Orangebottle, sorry about the wine.  It was a bit of a quip about how they both seem to be in a race to see who will get lynched off the face of the planet first, and for a while I honestly couldn't figure out why Zrk2 would act that way as a rational person.  If Shakerag is a jester-type, as he seemed to be acting, then why would Zrk2 want to vote him as scum, even as a last hurrah sort of deal?  Why not get rid of someone more obviously town and leave the WIFOM-fountain alone to bug the rest of us?

And hell, why would anyone force him to vote Shakerag infinitely many times?  It'd be unbalanced if Shakerag were a jester and could move the vote to himself, and so...
I understood that. Thanks for the apology, but I was really looking for you to ignore the wine. Especially vintage wine such as this.

Also, you're right.
Dariush should come in here immediately and tell us why he's being so forgettable.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2012, 01:45:43 am »

Orangebottle, you were laying low yesterday. You weren't being anywhere near as vocal as you usually are, you didn't do anything bold, reckless and stupid, and your vote on Zrk2 reeks of a bandwagon. Why so quiet?

And stop trying to buddy up to Vector.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2012, 01:47:34 am »

Hm. Forgot about that. But it's not the only voting weirdness I'm seeing, so I'd like to know if wuba can confirm the last D1 count as accurate.
I occasionally make errors, so I have no clue, and I'm too lazy to check. If the previous vote count was correct, then it's pretty likely correct.

I guess I'll make it explicit then, in the interest of trying to understand what's going on. Please webadict confirm if any of these are merely errors, or if we can use them as clues:

1. All votes on Zrk2/Shakerag are missing  (except Vector's), and placed elsewhere:
- Flandre's vote on Zrk2 is missing.[1], but shows up on Powder Miner.
- Think's vote on Zrk2 is missing.[2], but shows up on OrangeBottle.
- OrangeBottle's vote on Zrk2 missing[3], and shows as not voting.
- Powder Miner's vote on Shakerag is also missing[4], and shows him as not voting.

2. Toaster's vote on Powder Miner is missing.[5], shows him voting Flandre.

I seem to read this as somehow reverting people to the previous person they voted, or the next person in some sort of circle, or some other weirdness as part of the Zrk2/Shakerag thing, but I find Toaster's misplaced vote added to the mix as stranger than that.

Zrk2, Shakerag, Toaster: Can you shed any light on this weirdness?

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2012, 02:22:58 am »

Considering those were all placed between the vote counts, I'm currently chalking them up to penguin error.

Zrk2: I don't think it'll mean much at this point along with all the others, but would you kindly explain yourself?

Vector: Are you sure it's not you? Considering it's been you both times and it's triggered on the first person you voted both times, are you not allowed to revote the first person you vote each day? Or is someone really that doggedly out to get you on the first vote you make?

Orange: why the buddying and the lack of questioning? Are you just in a rush for the day to end?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2012, 02:27:10 am »

Huh, that's a good point.

Maybe we all have hidden voting abilities (if those other foibles aren't due to penguin error)?  I was thinking that this is sort of playing like it's a new vote mafia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2012, 02:46:29 am »

Toaster, you are scum, your role is Something Fun and your abilities are Fun, Something and Have Some. Also, I'll die this night for unrelated reasons, so you don't need to waste an NK on me.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2012, 02:54:13 am »

Orangebottle, you were laying low yesterday. You weren't being anywhere near as vocal as you usually are, you didn't do anything bold, reckless and stupid, and your vote on Zrk2 reeks of a bandwagon. Why so quiet?
Are you seriously trying to argue that I'm scum because I'm not playing like a jester for once? There could be any number of explanations for that specific change in behavior, one of them being that I'm actively trying to change it.

Also, I was voting for Zrk2 yesterday, and further convincing people to vote for him. He lied, then he ignored a question of mine while responding to another, and then he lied some more after that. Then he used his oneshot to ensure his own survival, earning him my vote for the rest of the game.

Also, I had a rather long talk with Flandre before that, so I wasn't as quiet as you make me out to be.

I was being quieter yesterday because I spent most of the time rereading, and doing homework.

And stop trying to buddy up to Vector.
Thanking someone for an apology is considered buddying? Hm.
Or did you mean agreeing with Vector?

Orange: why the buddying and the lack of questioning? Are you just in a rush for the day to end?
I'm not sure what the buddying was in the first place. In any case, I have no reason for it. As far as a lack of questioning, read above. You're definitely one to talk about a lack of questioning, considering that you've managed all of three posts since the game started.

PPE: That's believably specific. Do you know what his abilities do?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2012, 02:57:23 am »

No, I don't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2012, 03:00:23 am »

No, I don't.

So... why were you lurking yesterday?  And do you know anything about what my vote is doing this morning?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2012, 03:01:44 am »

So... why were you lurking yesterday?  And do you know anything about what my vote is doing this morning?
I wasn't lurking and I don't know about the vote.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2012, 03:04:17 am »

Very well, why weren't you posting here, why were you posting other places, and why did you ignore us when we called you scummy, etc.?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2012, 06:47:23 am »

Because the first time I saw a lurking accusation directed at me it was night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2012, 09:09:09 am »

Bleh. It should be fixed now. Not sure what happened, really.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:12:31 am by webadict »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2012, 10:50:03 am »

Powder's lack of a role flip concerns me, since he doesn't strike me as a high-priority NK target.

Flandre:  How has your opinion of Shakerag changed now?

Urist I:  Why not vote Orangebottle if his actions are so scummy?

Bookthras:  My role doesn't mention voting.

Dariush:  You must have gotten redirected, because that's not my role.  It's not even something close to the kind of thing I would send in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2012, 11:09:42 am »

Toaster, you are scum, your role is Something Fun and your abilities are Fun, Something and Have Some. Also, I'll die this night for unrelated reasons, so you don't need to waste an NK on me.
Actually, that sounds like Shakerag's role.
I went smartass instead of weird, is that okay? 
Re: [Sign-Ups: FULL!] BYOR 8: Think Of Something Fun
And in fact those abilities would seem to match Shakerag's weirdness and could have caused a redirect.  I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed up the lynch yesterday too (maybe after a certain period of time without hammers he can just end the day and waste the lynch or something).

On the other hand, you yourself are scum, Dariush (and probably therefore a rolecop).  Two big problems with your claim.
a) You told mafia not to waste a kill on you.  Why would you not want them to waste a kill on you?
b) You didn't claim your full role even though it would strengthen your claim (assuming you're not lying) and it would make no difference to the scum since you're dying tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34