Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101381 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »

I missed that, are you referring to the one that happened after my last post, or was there a different one? Anyway, as mentioned above, I am not pleased with Vector's approach to questions today.

Vector, stop obfuscating.

I'm not obfuscating.  However, I think it's ridiculous to answer the same question twice, or answer a question that's obv-rolefishing.

Why should I allow my role to be fished and answer redundant RVS-breed questioning?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2012, 05:39:24 pm »

Really, what answer were you expecting?

That you hadn't actually played any Touhou games.  Man, they're fucking hard.

Also, how would one vote being removed help me right now?  That's kind of silly, don't you agree? 

Also also, quit playing footsie with your scumbuddy Leafsnail.  It's kind of awkward and transparent. 

But ... your ballsy behavior and blatant disregard for the normal Mafia protocol is setting off my Townie gut instinct. 

Oh noes!  I haz a confused!  O_o

PPE:

Why are you so readily drinking Wine?

Because I'm shoving it down his/her/its throat, durr. 

EBWOP: Post != Preview.

Unvote Shakerag, Flandre.

Nahh dude.  Flandre's likely town.  Don't buy into it.  Plus he/she/it is pretty interesting. 

PPE2 (Return of the ninjas):

I have something to hide.  Like the fact that I am on the scumteam with Leafsnail

Fixed that for you.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2012, 05:49:59 pm »

Also, how would one vote being removed help me right now?  That's kind of silly, don't you agree?   
Just judging by the silly way you are acting, I would not put it past you. Really, why would someone waste their time slapping a vote directed at you away but yourself, or a scumbuddy?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2012, 06:00:49 pm »

Just judging by the silly way you are acting, I would not put it past you. Really, why would someone waste their time slapping a vote directed at you away but yourself, or a scumbuddy?

Ahhh young grasshopper, you are not imbibing the wine enough.  Why automatically assume I had something to do with Vector's vote?  Someone else may have used a power to make it look like I might have had a hand in Vector's ability to vote.  You know, so I look scummy or something like that. 

Or, you know, it may be a side-effect of a day ability *coughinspectcough* of Vector's, but that's not WIFOM-y enough to be fun.  Mmm, throat's a little dry, let me get some more wine to drink.

Seriously.  Start thinking with portals, Flandre. 

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »

I don't buy it. Wouldn't you be at least a little curious and asked around about this development if you had no part in it yourself?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

Oh, and, because I'm feeling kindhearted (and because it'll bump up the WIFOM levels), I am 95% sure there is a cult in this game. 

I don't buy it. Wouldn't you be at least a little curious and asked around about this development if you had no part in it yourself?

Vector: y u no liek me ne moar?

Maybe the pink was a bit hard to read. 

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2012, 06:26:20 pm »

You... think I made it impossible for me to vote you.

Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  The only reason why I wouldn't want to vote you now is because I'm really hoping your scummy ass will get vigged, so we'll be able to take down either a jester or RIA-ing scum without pushing a win.  I have nothing to do with my vote being banned from you.

I have something to hide.  Like the fact that I am on the scumteam with Leafsnail

Fixed that for you.

Also, false.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2012, 06:41:15 pm »

Maybe the pink was a bit hard to read.

I can't really dispute that, but I am not removing the vote. Why didn't you use red in the first place?

Zrk2:

What is this? I don't even.

Zrk2: Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

You word salad made. Combine did purpose on you may me have doed.
What did you hope to achieve with this?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2012, 06:48:03 pm »

OB, have you reined in your hate-meta? Why not, you goatfucker?
Temporarily, yes. But only because Flandre did a bunch of scummy shit in his(her?) first post.

I just caught up with the game after being away for a few hours.
What the unholy fuck is going on here?
Shakerag and Flandre should be lynched immediately for being both counterproductive to scumhunting and unbelievably scummy.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2012, 07:02:45 pm »

Sorry for not posting the last few days, guys, I didn't really want to play Mafia.

So, Shakerag, why would you be so sure about the cult? Maybe because you're in it?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2012, 07:03:23 pm »

EBWODP: Oh the magic of my mouse clicking when I don't want it to.
Post didn't really need more anyway I guess.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »

Not responding to Leafsnail
Hey, if you vote me you could at least follow it up.

That is not how I meant it, but I see where you are coming from. You don't have to answer that. I'll try another:
How would you play a BYOR differently than you would a Vanilla mafia (other than non-vanilla abilities)?
Uhuh.  Well I would put on a verbal tic for three days just to help support a subsequent falseclaim play it pretty much the same until massclaim.  Even then it'd only be at all different if you needed to falseclaim (your falseclaims are limited to "things you might actually have sent in"), otherwise it'd be essentially the same as any closed setup game.

I think that Shakerag could be a "end the game" type jester with a verbal tic to help mark him.  Since a straightup jester is boring (just lynch them) and an "end the game" jester is unfair, I could see a "end the game but be REALLY LOUD AND VISIBLE" jester as an actually interesting role.  So yeah, don't lynch him guys.  His public vote blocking (or falsely speaking through the mod's mouth?) shows that there's something weird with him.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2012, 07:13:44 pm »

But only because Flandre did a bunch of scummy shit in his(her?) first post.
This is vague--I know where you draw conclusions from the first post, though. Can you tell me how I was scummy after that, please?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »

Trying to cover up your blatant rolefishing from your first post. Specifically:
I am flattered that you think my question clever, but nowhere did I ask anything concrete about your role. It was Wubs that hinted at the fact that there was some level of imbalance when he stopped travelling and told us as much.  If I wanted to ask you about your role, I could have just bundled you in there with the Urists Two (I obvrolefished there, just to stir the beehive). What do you mean when you suggest that I took a risk with asking about BYOR roles in general?
Also, wine-gulping and I don't even know what the fuck this is, but it looks like you're claiming scum. Cause I see no wine about that question. Then you drop the rolefishing under faked ignorance so that Leafsnail gets off your back. I know you've been in more than a couple games, and know that you know what rolefishing is.
Shakerag: You benefit from this Vector-repellent. Did you just do something to resist getting lynched (a scum-trait)? I seriously don't believe that someone else would have intervened on your behalf if he were not your scumbuddy, so either way, this whole situation tastes bad.

Flandre: I've heard a rumour that your name is something from Touhou.  Have you actually played one of those games?  Also, are you scum/third party?
Yes, I have played Touhou games, and yes I am scum. Arguing for or against that latter statement is WIFOM, so your question is moot. Really, what answer were you expecting?

Leafsnail again:

Don't act like you haven't noticed.  The only way I could know whether the game would be decided by powerful roles would be if I had a powerful role.  For instance, if I answered obliviously that no, I don't think the game will be decided by powerful roles, you'd know I don't have one.
That is not how I meant it, but I see where you are coming from. You don't have to answer that. I'll try another:
How would you play a BYOR differently than you would a Vanilla mafia (other than non-vanilla abilities)?

Leafsnail: I love how you just assume that Shakerag blocked Vector from voting him.
I really do.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:03 pm »

For now, I'm willing to give Flandre the benefit of the doubt and assume that she's pulling a Solifuge-gambit, because as mildly winey as some of her comments are, she's mostly calm and seems all right.  How she plays through D2 will be the real test.

Similarly, I'm willing to guess that Shakerag is a mondo-jester.  All previous comments on him stand.

So, then, given that everyone's major focus is on these two, I'm guessing that the scum are either lurking or trying to play off of the smokescreen to indict other players.  I'll look for interactions and run a lurker-tracker at 12:00 tomorrow at the latest.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34