Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101373 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2012, 03:31:49 pm »

Shakerag. Seriously. Quit dicking around and get scumhunting.

Zrk2:
I must say, this is one of the cleverer rolefishing questions.  A new player would almost certainly obliviously answer it.

So you were taking a risk by asking me this, huh?  What if I did answer it and give away the powerfulness of my role?

You still haven't answered his question.
Why did you only go after Leafsnail for not answering? What part of Vector's "fuck you, I ain't answering" did you find satisfying that you didn't from Leafsnail's?

Dariush:
Because there was no ground from which to ask real questions.
Sure there is. Why didn't you see any?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »

Whatever Shakerag's doing he clearly craves attention/ is pointlessly pretending to have weird roles and I'd prefer to ignore it for now.  I guess we could lynch him later if he continues to make no sense.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2012, 04:11:24 pm »

Okay, down to business.

Leafsnail!
Leafsnail: Do you think the game will be decided primarily due to someone having an overly-powerful role?
I must say, this is one of the cleverer rolefishing questions.  A new player would almost certainly obliviously answer it.

So you were taking a risk by asking me this, huh?  What if I did answer it and give away the powerfulness of my role?
I am flattered that you think my question clever, but nowhere did I ask anything concrete about your role. It was Wubs that hinted at the fact that there was some level of imbalance when he stopped travelling and told us as much.  If I wanted to ask you about your role, I could have just bundled you in there with the Urists Two (I obvrolefished there, just to stir the beehive). What do you mean when you suggest that I took a risk with asking about BYOR roles in general?

More incoming.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: DAY 1 SUCKAHS!
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2012, 04:12:42 pm »

Vector may no longer vote Shakerag!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Leafsnail - Zrk2,
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 -
Flandre - Toaster, Orangebottle,
Dariush - Leafsnail,
Urist_McArathos -
Powder Miner - Bookthras,
Shakerag - Vector, Urist_McArathos, Dariush, Urist Imiknorris,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Think0028, Powder Miner, Shakerag, Flandre,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »

I am flattered that you think my question clever, but nowhere did I ask anything concrete about your role. It was Wubs that hinted at the fact that there was some level of imbalance when he stopped travelling and told us as much.  If I wanted to ask you about your role, I could have just bundled you in there with the Urists Two (I obvrolefished there, just to stir the beehive). What do you mean when you suggest that I took a risk with asking about BYOR roles in general?
Don't act like you haven't noticed.  The only way I could know whether the game would be decided by powerful roles would be if I had a powerful role.  For instance, if I answered obliviously that no, I don't think the game will be decided by powerful roles, you'd know I don't have one.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »

Shakerag. Seriously. Quit dicking around and get scumhunting.

Youuuu caaaan't maaaaake meeeee~ ♪

Oh shit.  Shakerag is on to me/us.  I had better downplay what he's saying and act very dismissive.

Fixed that for you.

Vector: y u no liek me ne moar?

mod: I am flipping open my cellphone and making a call.

"Yes, hello, is this BYOR 8?"

"Uh-huh.  Yes, I'll hold."

"Yes, I'm still here.  I'd like to place an order."

"Let's see ... I'm going to need you to give me all your lovin'.  Might as well throw in all your hugs and kisses too."

"Yeah.  Okay.  I'll be there in half an hour to pick it up.  Thanks, bye."

Flandre: I've heard a rumour that your name is something from Touhou.  Have you actually played one of those games?  Also, are you scum/third party?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2012, 04:34:38 pm »

Does the game end when you win, jester?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »

I'd normally be inclined to say no, but that may not be the case considering how much attention Shakerag is drawing to himself.  I guess he's a flashing neon distraction to the town.  If there are any vigilantes or serial killers who want to pretend to be vigilantes out there please feel free to kill him.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:55 pm »

Okay, Zrk2, what's with your going "ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED, EVEN THOSE DETERMINED TO BE ROLEFISHING" ?

That's the point of the RVS, answering questions. Getting defensive is hardly productive Vector.

Zrk2:  Here's one for you, then:  What is the correct response to WIFOM?

I'd go with dismissing it, and calling out whoever did it. There is no one way to deal with it, but in general it is counter productive and the town should clamp down on it.

Fine, fine, if it's questions you want, then questions you shall have. 
Okay, what? Getting pressured into asking questions to the pressurer... Also, I'm pretty sure you're bullshitting about the lack of a vote, or at least have some significant power (almost guaranteedly anti-town) to make up for it. Shakerag.

He could just as easily be a townie, and have a pro-town role to counter his lack of a vote, I think that would be the more interesting way to do it. But anyway, this avenue is WIFOM, and should be catalogued for future consideration but is of no use to us right now.

So, are you going to actually try to scumhunt at any point in the near future, or are you going to just sit around asking pointless questions?

Yes.

Okay, what? Getting pressured into asking questions to the pressurer... Also, I'm pretty sure you're bullshitting about the lack of a vote, or at least have some significant power (almost guaranteedly anti-town) to make up for it. Shakerag.

Everyone?  Everyone!  *taps fork on glass*  Dariush is scum, because he's trying to go for the easy mislynch on the crazy person.  Please focus your attention on the scum who is trying to draw attention away from himself. 

But wait!  Maybe he's not scum!  Maybe the scum are waiting for someone like Dariush to start the bandwagon so they can just slip in!  Like Leafsnail, who just totally ignored all of my posts so he could respond to his scumbuddies' questions and finish his distancing!  But Dariush is one of those people! 

Wait a second.  This isn't my usual fine coffee.  Someone has secretly replaced it with Folgers WIFOM!

What is this? I don't even.

Zrk2:

You still haven't answered his question.
Why did you only go after Leafsnail for not answering? What part of Vector's "fuck you, I ain't answering" did you find satisfying that you didn't from Leafsnail's?

I missed that, are you referring to the one that happened after my last post, or was there a different one? Anyway, as mentioned above, I am not pleased with Vector's approach to questions today.

Vector, stop obfuscating.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2012, 04:55:38 pm »

Does the game end when you win, jester?

For fuck's sake it's about time someone suggested that.  I was starting to worry about you all.  I think, as of lately, it is the trend for third-party wincons to not end the game prematurely if fufilled. 

I WANT TO APPEAR TOWN SO BADLY IT HURTS

Fixed that for you again. 

Zrk2: Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

Shakerag: You benefit from this Vector-repellent. Did you just do something to resist getting lynched (a scum-trait)? I seriously don't believe that someone else would have intervened on your behalf if he were not your scumbuddy, so either way, this whole situation tastes bad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flandre: I've heard a rumour that your name is something from Touhou.  Have you actually played one of those games?  Also, are you scum/third party?
Yes, I have played Touhou games, and yes I am scum. Arguing for or against that latter statement is WIFOM, so your question is moot. Really, what answer were you expecting?

Leafsnail again:

Don't act like you haven't noticed.  The only way I could know whether the game would be decided by powerful roles would be if I had a powerful role.  For instance, if I answered obliviously that no, I don't think the game will be decided by powerful roles, you'd know I don't have one.
That is not how I meant it, but I see where you are coming from. You don't have to answer that. I'll try another:
How would you play a BYOR differently than you would a Vanilla mafia (other than non-vanilla abilities)?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

Zrk2: Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like?

You word salad made. Combine did purpose on you may me have doed.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »

Shakerag: You benefit from this Vector-repellent. Did you just do something to resist getting lynched (a scum-trait)? I seriously don't believe that someone else would have intervened on your behalf if he were not your scumbuddy, so either way, this whole situation tastes bad.
Why are you so readily drinking Wine?

Yes, I have played Touhou games, and yes I am scum. Arguing for or against that latter statement is WIFOM, so your question is moot. Really, what answer were you expecting?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »

EBWOP: Post != Preview.

Unvote Shakerag, Flandre.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2012, 05:33:25 pm »

Unvote Shakerag, Flandre.

Was this because of wine? Webadict said that Vector was vote-blocked, and Shakerag stands to benefit from this. I thought it was a valid argument.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34