Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101380 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

Leafsnail: Do you think the game will be decided primarily due to someone having an overly-powerful role?
I must say, this is one of the cleverer rolefishing questions.  A new player would almost certainly obliviously answer it.

So you were taking a risk by asking me this, huh?  What if I did answer it and give away the powerfulness of my role?

Late, will post a proper reply in the morning.  Is anyone interested in a massclaim to break the setup?
Nope.  Because webadict is the mod, and he knows his day one massclaims.  In fact, he may even have given the scum safeclaims or something to make it favourable for them to massclaim.

Urist I:  Did you know the first time I claimed my millerness in the first post in a game, I caught out scum with it?  Just ask Bookthras.
This seems like a really weird response.  It's not at all relevant to whether you're scum now.  Something about how it's a null-tell and correct play for a miller like you said later would've made more sense - why not say it here in response to Urist I?

Darvi: Why are you posting in the thread and confusing me in spite of not actually being a player
Dariush.  Why are you basically active-lurking in a superficially angry manner rather than actually playing aggressively like usual?  I mean, you've made a weak attack on Vector with no supporting argument and what's basically a softball RVS question on OB.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2012, 11:45:55 am »

People, y u no ask me questions?

Leafsnail: Do you think the game will be decided primarily due to someone having an overly-powerful role?
I must say, this is one of the cleverer rolefishing questions.  A new player would almost certainly obliviously answer it.

So you were taking a risk by asking me this, huh?  What if I did answer it and give away the powerfulness of my role?

You still haven't answered his question.

Late, will post a proper reply in the morning.  Is anyone interested in a massclaim to break the setup?
Nope.  Because webadict is the mod, and he knows his day one massclaims.  In fact, he may even have given the scum safeclaims or something to make it favourable for them to massclaim.

Well that's the biggest load of WIFOM I've seen in a long time, Leafsnail

Bookthras, what is your favourite alignment? What is you favourite role?

Shakerag, do you think the RVS is worth keeping? If not, how would you replace it?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2012, 11:47:53 am »

Okay, Zrk2, what's with your going "ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED, EVEN THOSE DETERMINED TO BE ROLEFISHING" ?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2012, 12:00:20 pm »

You still haven't answered his question.
My answer was fuck you that's rolefishing.

Well that's the biggest load of WIFOM I've seen in a long time, Leafsnail
It's not WIFOM.  Webadict has been making a big deal about how you can break a lot of setups with a day one massclaim.  He wouldn't let his game fall victim to the same thing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:58 pm »

Leafsnail:
Urist I:  Did you know the first time I claimed my millerness in the first post in a game, I caught out scum with it?  Just ask Bookthras.
This seems like a really weird response.  It's not at all relevant to whether you're scum now.  Something about how it's a null-tell and correct play for a miller like you said later would've made more sense - why not say it here in response to Urist I?

I got the impression he was baiting me.  Instead of the straight response, I went the more flippant response, which is my general attitude toward being baited.  Since his response said he didn't realize I had done that before, I think it wasn't so much of a bait as I thought- he was testing me instead.

Zrk2:  Here's one for you, then:  What is the correct response to WIFOM?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2012, 01:08:03 pm »

Dariush.  Why are you basically active-lurking in a superficially angry manner rather than actually playing aggressively like usual?  I mean, you've made a weak attack on Vector with no supporting argument and what's basically a softball RVS question on OB.
Because I don't like RVS and don't care about my meta.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:04 pm »

Shakerag, do you think the RVS is worth keeping? If not, how would you replace it?

It's funny you should ask this, as there has been a bit of a stir lately about RVS-hatred.  I'm not really a big fan of it myself, as it seems to be (in my perception, which may be flawed/biased) a vehicle to try and get the game going, but really ends up contributing to the mislynch (usually) of whomever doesn't word their question/answer just right.  D1 massclaims are an interesting response to avoiding RVS, but that takes (imo) some of the fun/mystery out of the game trying to figure out who is what. 

I think it might be interesting to see if adding in more day-based powers or having more games that start with N0 would help to reduce/eliminate the RVS period. 

To respond to those asking about my voting:

Ask, ask, and ask again
Your questions they be three
To what end my vote has
You may finally see

A clue about my role
A hint about my fate
In this game you will note
My vote it has no weight

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2012, 01:20:13 pm »

I don't give a shit if you have no vote.

If I'm the scummiest, why aren't you questioning me?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »

:<

Well, you're no fun.

Fine, fine, if it's questions you want, then questions you shall have. 

Vector:  What do you think about RVS?  Worthwhile?  Not?  If no, how would you go about replacing/circumventing it? 

Also, go suck a pummelo~ ♪

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2012, 01:39:09 pm »

My opinion of RVS is that on the surface it's useless, but anything that kicks up a little agitated activity to start the game is good.  Largely useless against experts, but very helpful for weeding out newbs/getting them up to speed.

So, are you going to actually try to scumhunt at any point in the near future, or are you going to just sit around asking pointless questions?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2012, 02:47:12 pm »

Fine, fine, if it's questions you want, then questions you shall have. 
Okay, what? Getting pressured into asking questions to the pressurer... Also, I'm pretty sure you're bullshitting about the lack of a vote, or at least have some significant power (almost guaranteedly anti-town) to make up for it. Shakerag.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:33 pm »

I got the impression he was baiting me.  Instead of the straight response, I went the more flippant response, which is my general attitude toward being baited.  Since his response said he didn't realize I had done that before, I think it wasn't so much of a bait as I thought- he was testing me instead.
Fair enough.

If you don't like RVS then why prolong it by asking RVS questions at a point where you could be asking real questions?

Not convinced about your recent attack either.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2012, 03:04:44 pm »

If you don't like RVS then why prolong it by asking RVS questions at a point where you could be asking real questions?
Because there was no ground from which to ask real questions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2012, 03:06:41 pm »

So everything that's been said other than what Shakerag said was insignificant?  And, well, couldn't you have come up with a question that could actually get the ball rolling yourself?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:57 pm »

So, are you going to actually try to scumhunt at any point in the near future, or are you going to just sit around asking pointless questions?

Yes.

Okay, what? Getting pressured into asking questions to the pressurer... Also, I'm pretty sure you're bullshitting about the lack of a vote, or at least have some significant power (almost guaranteedly anti-town) to make up for it. Shakerag.

Everyone?  Everyone!  *taps fork on glass*  Dariush is scum, because he's trying to go for the easy mislynch on the crazy person.  Please focus your attention on the scum who is trying to draw attention away from himself. 

But wait!  Maybe he's not scum!  Maybe the scum are waiting for someone like Dariush to start the bandwagon so they can just slip in!  Like Leafsnail, who just totally ignored all of my posts so he could respond to his scumbuddies' questions and finish his distancing!  But Dariush is one of those people! 

Wait a second.  This isn't my usual fine coffee.  Someone has secretly replaced it with Folgers WIFOM!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34