Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101358 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
DAY 1 SUCKAHS!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 09:37:33 pm »

Let's do this thing.

Imagine something clever here. Now imagine it's your setting. Guess what! It already is.

Looks like you've just come up with everything you needed on your own. Let me now take care of the unimportant details.

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Leafsnail -
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 -
Flandre -
Dariush -
Urist_McArathos -
Powder Miner -
Shakerag -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Urist Imiknorris, Think0028, Leafsnail, Orangebottle, Toaster, Zrk2, Flandre, Dariush, Urist_McArathos, Powder Miner, Shakerag, Bookthras, Vector,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 1 (13/13): Look! In The Sky! It's Not Flavor Text.
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 09:47:53 pm »

I am a Miller.

Bookthras:  Welcome back!   Did you learn anything exciting about Mafia while you were gone?

Flandre:  Why am I voting you?

Vector:  What is your opinion of RVS?

Think:  On a scale of 1 to 11, how crazy do you like your roles?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 09:59:39 pm »

My opinion of RVS is that on the surface it's useless, but anything that kicks up a little agitated activity to start the game is good.  Largely useless against experts, but very helpful for weeding out newbs/getting them up to speed.

Shakerag, I don't remember seeing you around much recently.  What sort of experience do you have?  If you had one piece of mafia advice to give yourself and keep in mind, what would it be?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:33 pm »

Toaster, you tell me. Clearly, you are looking for an easy target. Do you think I have a fear of the color red? Do you know who I am? (Hint: My last name is the color red)

Vector: Does your role have anything to do with food items? Clearly you have a sweet tooth, and someone might find that suspicious.

Urist and Urist: Are you millers too? Claiming miller might be all the rage in this game. You know--all the cool kids do it, and stuff.

Orangebottle: Are you intimidated by any players (through past mafia experience, specifically)?

Leafsnail: Do you think the game will be decided primarily due to someone having an overly-powerful role?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

Vector: Does your role have anything to do with food items? Clearly you have a sweet tooth, and someone might find that suspicious.

Urist and Urist: Are you millers too? Claiming miller might be all the rage in this game. You know--all the cool kids do it, and stuff.

Leafsnail: Do you think the game will be decided primarily due to someone having an overly-powerful role?
Flandre, why are you rolefishing?

Orangebottle: Are you intimidated by any players (through past mafia experience, specifically)?
Webadict and Jim.
They're not playing, though.

Bookthras: Who are you most afraid of in this game? Least?

Toaster: Who in this game would you prefer to have on a scumteam with you, and why?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 10:31:50 pm »

Flandre, why are you rolefishing?
To get people to ask why I am rolefishing. Success!
Realistically, I am not expecting truthful answers, Orangebottle; they are not really going to claim miller because I asked them to. Besides Toaster, perhaps. He might have said he was a miller if I asked, but he beat me to it. Darn.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »

Toaster, you tell me. Clearly, you are looking for an easy target. Do you think I have a fear of the color red? Do you know who I am? (Hint: My last name is the color red)

Nervous, OMGUS, refusal to answer questions, role-digging, asking people to admit to being intimidated...

I'm watching the hell out of you.

And no, I'm not answering your question about the nature of my role.  Suck a melon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

Flandre:  The correct answer, of course, is to initiate conversation and see how you react.  I picked you as a less experienced player since I figured the more experienced players would give me that answer- I wanted to see yours.

Your aggressive reaction seemed a bit forced- slight ping on scumdar.

Orangebottle:  Someone competent, a good complement to my skills, and someone reasonably wordy to make scumchat fun.  From the current list, Bookthras and Vector jump out, and Leafsnail is always a solid player.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 10:38:22 pm »

This is obviously a distancing attempt between scum-claimed-miller Toaster and ObvGUS rolefishing scum Flandre. I'm watching you two.

No. Also you're wrong, millers are made of suck and lame.

Dariush: Do you think your angry posting style helps you find scum?

PPE: Damn you ninjas.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:26 pm »

Urist I:  Did you know the first time I claimed my millerness in the first post in a game, I caught out scum with it?  Just ask Bookthras.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:46 pm »

What game was that in? I kinda want to read it now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

Nervous, OMGUS, refusal to answer questions, role-digging, asking people to admit to being intimidated...

I'm watching the hell out of you.

And no, I'm not answering your question about the nature of my role.  Suck a melon.
It is only my second post, and I broke five rules in that amount of time. I must be either asking to get lynched, or just acting the firestarter. I literally only asked a rolefishing question for the sake of asking a rolefishing question. I don't really care about their responses, so much as how they react. And now I will never even know if you have a sweet tooth. No matter. I will go suck on a melon now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

Urist I:
What game was that in? I kinda want to read it now.

That'd be Paranormal 18.  (Kook is the Paranormal version of Miller.)  I did it again in Paranormal 19 before it rebooted.

PS: Janus should play again.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 12:35:31 am »

Late, will post a proper reply in the morning.  Is anyone interested in a massclaim to break the setup?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:52 am »

I must be either asking to get lynched, or just acting the firestarter.

Or you choked and you're covering your scummy ass right now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34