Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: BYOR 8 - Game Over  (Read 101228 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Day 2 (11/13): Can't Read That
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2012, 11:34:05 am »

Vector:
Toaster: Sometimes I forget what is and isn't obvious to other people.  Also, I believe I was quickly posting in-between doing something else at that time... either homework or playing vidjagames.  It wasn't exactly an attempt to put together a comprehensive case.

I suppose that's fair enough, but a "Everyone should lynch Player X" post falls flat without a "...and here's why" to go with it.

Orangebottle:
You're scumhunting the guy who apparently can't be lynched? What the fuck?

Why shouldn't he?  As long as you scumhunt elsewhere, why not make sure he's not scum?  For all you know, he's scum with a single revive.

Or you might be scumbuddies with him and know that- hard to tell.

On Dariush's claim:  I'm a miller, remember?  Of course he got a scum result.  Even he's dropped that attack.

Is it impossible for me to have sent in that role?  No.  Did I send it in?  No.  Go check my old BYORs- I usually send in something science related.  I gave the answer I did because it's obvious to me he got redirected, given that's not my role.

Native:  So why aren't you voting Flandre?  Or anyone else, for that matter?

Speaking of, Mod, can we get a prod on Flandre?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2012, 02:23:42 pm »

I did prod Flandre. She has yet to respond.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2012, 05:00:46 pm »

Because I'm still analyzing information.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2012, 05:08:03 pm »

I need to post here, but it's not happening tonight, so I'll just respond to this:

Zrk2:
People, having read the last page or so, I think perhaps we should all take a break and relax for a bit before this degenerates into nothing but name calling, instead of name calling laced with content.

Why are you discouraging participation?  We're all adults here- we can all take a couple minutes to mentally calm ourselves before posting.

That's exactly what I meant. It was getting kind of hairy there.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2012, 05:42:48 pm »

Zrk2:
Dariush
<snip>
This is interesting, and has been mostly dismissed. I vote we lynch one of them and if they come up town then we kill the other one.
I'm curious about your thought process here - why would you lynch a claimed miller because an inspection on him returned scum?

Flandre
<snip>
Then we see a post rather like this one (but obviously not as beautiful and logically flawless) and it's okay. Why not? I like that you put in the honest effort to put one together, but my thoughts on this style of post are obviously biased because here I am making one of my own, so I can hardly call it scummy, now can I?
Are you implying that it would be scummy but you're not going to say it because hypocrisy?

Urist Imiknorris(sp?)

Orangebottle:
Vector:Why are you being so fucking passive? Who are you suspicious of besides Dariush and Shakerag, and why aren't you voting or scumhunting?
More deflection!
You're being incredibly contradictory.
When I do nothing but focus on Zrk2, you tell me I'm tunneling and not asking anybody else any questions, which is bad. When I focus primarily on Zrk2 and bring up something which I thought was a valid suspicion, and start pressuring someone about it, you call it deflection, and that's bad.

Make up your mind already.
For some reason the question about suspicions made me think it was an accusation of tunneling. I need to read better.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »

I did prod Flandre. She has yet to respond.

Mod: It's now three days since her last post. Please prod Flandre with a shotgun.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 08, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »

Zrk2:
Dariush
<snip>
This is interesting, and has been mostly dismissed. I vote we lynch one of them and if they come up town then we kill the other one.
I'm curious about your thought process here - why would you lynch a claimed miller because an inspection on him returned scum?

Flandre
<snip>
Then we see a post rather like this one (but obviously not as beautiful and logically flawless) and it's okay. Why not? I like that you put in the honest effort to put one together, but my thoughts on this style of post are obviously biased because here I am making one of my own, so I can hardly call it scummy, now can I?
Are you implying that it would be scummy but you're not going to say it because hypocrisy?

I'm admitting that anything I say about it would appear biased because of how it would reflect on me. I don't see that there's anything terribly interesting in that.

As to the first we've established that the claim is a null tell so all we have to go on is a claim that he is scum. If we lynch him and he comes up town then we can just kill Dariush. I say we kill Dariush second because he claims that he will die tonight so if he tells the truth we lose nothing and if he's lying then we can kill him for it the next day.

Because I dont buy his claim, wiht it he essentially is a waste of space in the fucking game. You say a jester with a revive is bastardy, but did wuba not say that this was a borderline bastard game? Why in the fuck would you believe his claim?
First, don't put your response in the middle of the post, that formatting is terrible.
Second, because he already revived the first time we lynched him.

You still haven't explained why anyone would have what amounts to a waste of space in a game. If he is unkillable and cannot vote then he will just sit there through the entire game, wasting space. However throwing in a survivor with one revive is bastardy but still doesn't waste a space. I just can't see anyone creating an unkillable survivor, but it makes sense for a survivor with one revive to claim that his revive is automatic because then no one will touch him for the rest of the game. It makes sense.

Because I'm still analyzing information.

First impressions?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2012, 11:09:24 pm »

Zrk2: I'd say either Flandre or Shake is scum.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:22 pm »

Why shouldn't he?  As long as you scumhunt elsewhere, why not make sure he's not scum?  For all you know, he's scum with a single revive.
Cause Shakerag hasn't given a straight answer all game.

On Dariush's claim:  I'm a miller, remember?  Of course he got a scum result.  Even he's dropped that attack.
Why are you trying to use peer pressure to get me to back down?

Is it impossible for me to have sent in that role?  No.  Did I send it in?  No.  Go check my old BYORs- I usually send in something science related.  I gave the answer I did because it's obvious to me he got redirected, given that's not my role.
Wiiiine. It's obvious to nobody else that that isn't your role. I find it hard to believe, because of how incredibly unlikely it is that he inspected a miller, and then got redirected to actual scum.

Urist: How is it that you went from full-bore attack to doing nothing about me all in one post? I'm curious: what do you think about me? Do you have nothing else to ask?

Did Flandre just die or something?
Where the hell is she?

PPE:
Native: Nice lack of reasoning there.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2012, 11:19:19 pm »

Thought I should post just to let people know I'm not dead.  I haven't been paying much attention over here today because I'm in a lot of pain (and still waiting for Dariush to kick it), but I should be fine either tomorrow or Tomorrow.

And yeah, Flandre, NativeForeigner, and Think should post more.  I can't kick all of your asses just now, but the lurky-lurk is pretty gross, guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2012, 12:02:53 am »

Native: Nice lack of reasoning there.

It's not without cause, I mentioned earlier that Flandre seemed off to me.

Vector: I'm still getting mostly caught up, I'll be posting more soon.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:56 am »

Orange: Apology accepted, but I'm not moving my vote off you. Why bring up the investigation knowing that Toaster claimed miller? Why did you meltdown in the first place? All these considered, I'm quite certain I've found scum.

Shakerag. I'm finding it hard to believe that that's really the extent of your role. Why panic so much when people start voting you if you can't die?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You guys are bad at this.
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:07 am »

Vector may no longer vote Dariush!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle - Think0028,
Toaster -
Zrk2 - Orangebottle, Dariush,
Flandre - Bookthras, NativeForeigner,
Dariush - Flandre, Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2,
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag - Toaster,
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Vector,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Dariush has been lynched!

Darush was a Highlander (town).

It is now Night.

Dariush - Highlander
(Auto) Immortal: You are immune to kills.
(1-Shot, Day) Decapitate [target]: You kill the target.
(Night) Guard [target]: You guard the player, redirecting all other actions that target them to you.
(1-Shot, Night) High Lander [target]: You see the target's role and action names, but certain aspects of the role are [REDACTED].

On a side note, I'm replacing Flandre. If she hasn't found a replacement by the start of the Day tomorrow, I'll modkill her.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 8 - Night 2 (10/13): Wasn't On High Enough Land [Replacement Required!]
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »

Darvi has replaced Flandre!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sorry for the long Night.
« Reply #359 on: February 13, 2012, 09:17:58 am »

Think0028 has been killed!

Think0028 has come back to life!

Vote Count
------------------------
Urist Imiknorris -
Think0028 -
Orangebottle -
Toaster -
Zrk2 -
Darvi -
NativeForeigner -
Shakerag -
Bookthras -
Vector -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Shakerag, Vector, Think0028, Orangebottle, Bookthras, NativeForeigner, Darvi, Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2, Toaster,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:21:57 am by webadict »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34