Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing creature raws  (Read 1167 times)

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing creature raws
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:49:36 pm »

So I want to change giant badgers to be trainable by a normal animal trainer.

I know that for standard creatures, all you have to do is change PET_EXOTIC to PET, but what about the giant version? I noticed that it said it copies it's tags from the non giant version, so where do I make the change? In the giant badgers raws, in the normal badgers raws, or both?

Complete noob when it comes to stuff like this, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Changing creature raws
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:15:56 pm »

If they giant ones have a exotic tag, remove it. Otherwise just editing the normal badgers should be fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:37 pm »

If they giant ones have a exotic tag, remove it. Otherwise just editing the normal badgers should be fine.

Thanks :) so editing the badgers in this way would affect giant badgers too?
I also just had a human diplomat enter from the surface, hold a meeting, then exit the map via hell.... I guess he thinks he's pretty hardass.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

It will not, as the "GIANT" creature variation explicitly removes both [PET] and [PET_EXOTIC] (along with lots of other tokens) and forces the new creature to explicitly respecify them.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 07:42:55 pm »

He is right.

You need to remove the lines:
   [CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET]
   [CV_REMOVE_TAG:PET_EXOTIC]

This way giant creatures use the pet tags from the normal ones. Sry, I did not look it up, spoke out of memory.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spinning Welshman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

It will not, as the "GIANT" creature variation explicitly removes both [PET] and [PET_EXOTIC] (along with lots of other tokens) and forces the new creature to explicitly respecify them.

The shaman has spoken.  :P Thanks for the help.  8)