Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Marriage hax?  (Read 722 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Marriage hax?
« on: January 24, 2012, 12:54:30 am »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Is there a way to change relationships through hax? I have a girl here that is super pissed our dwarves-named-after-ourselves did not marry each other of their own volition, as it is clearly a breach of a base law of nature or perhaps divine mandate that the COSMIC FORCES OF CHANCE DID NOT REALIGN TO BRING THIS TO PASS. GOD.

Can someone help me out here? With the dwarves, I mean.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage hax?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:09:03 am »

Kill both dwarves, pick two new dwarfs, rename them, and lock them in a room
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:27:27 am »

Build a small room in some mined out gem cluster or precious metal vein with a masterwork gold statue, a bed, a table, a chair, and a quantum food stockpile with prepared food and good quality drinks. Lock them in when they are both inside with no one else there, and let them socialize for a few years. Define a statue garden from the statue once they are locked in. Optionally, craft some kinky stuff and dump it into the quantum food stockpile for later IRL reference and use, artifact thongs or silk clothing FTW, or whatever turns you on ;)

The whole setup takes 5 tiles, 7 if you lure them in with 2 levers with workshop Profile set to only accept them and given the pull the lever order on repeat. and 1 of these tiles is unwalkable (statue), so they will have no choice but to speak to each other non-stop. Admiring the fine statue and eating the good food at a table will keep them happy. If they don't have lovers, they'll be happily married in a few years.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:30 am »

Or hate each other's guts out and go crazy... but that's an acceptable risk.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.