Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107

Author Topic: Demonhood. -Slumbering for an indeterminate number of Strange Aeons-  (Read 235225 times)

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonhood. -Number of updates which have EXCEEDED THE CHARACTER LIMIT: One-
« Reply #1545 on: February 22, 2012, 12:50:24 pm »

well not now and not quickly. its just an idea for later. i came up with this in class and wanted to share. anyway it will be endgame stuff, when we have invaded the other nations and have integrated the local populous into a great cult.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:55:25 pm by jocgame »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:32 pm »

We might want to make a list of future plans. Meaning those that cant be implemented or started right away for whatever reason and are just for speculation or future demon points.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:33 pm »

Generaly in a fortress you want it to be large but not gigantic, otherwise moving anywere will take too long and you leave yourself open to suprise attacks etc, it also vastly increases the required manpower to keep them efficient, wich is not usefull.

Theirs a reason why bigger castles than a citadel were never made, apart from the sheer cost their efficiency goes down if you get too large, because you have more to defend, more to maintain and generally can bankrupt you. how that applys to us is its sheer maintanence costs so much it slows the rest of our realm down. and trust me when i say this: greater production capacity is key to victory.

To be honest your probably better off designing an entire city dark elves style, so it can have all its houses be turned into minature fortresses in their own right and collapsed from within if it starts to faulter. The twisting allyways and streets are also helpfull.

Youll at most want a dual defence system, with your settlements curtain wall backed up with massive earthwork mounds to make them impenitrable to seige weaponry and undermining, balista and catapult positions dotted around at regular overlapping fire zones.

you then have your main city inside, and then inside of that is the main fortress, wich holds the classical star shape design as its outerwall then a normal rounded one set right behind this higher up. This is so that even if they take our outer wall through sheer numbers, theyll have a devil of a time getting anything up to take the second wall directly right behind the first. behind this is the main fortress complex/the keep. moats are optional, but failling that a dry moat will still do well.

if you want to build a capital citadel, then you compartmentalize everything and have it on massive teirs going up with specialy prepared battle squares were your forces will be at an advantage over your invading opponent. The key part is efficiency in killing as many of them without losing too much of you.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 22, 2012, 01:16:28 pm »

hmmm....... ok i understand.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:40 pm »

And I don't think we'll need to consider it, but when designing a castle you have to imagine the route attackers would take to seize it and always make sure that they are never higher than friendly-held positions, and never have cover, whilst your positions do.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 22, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »

And I don't think we'll need to consider it, but when designing a castle you have to imagine the route attackers would take to seize it and always make sure that they are never higher than friendly-held positions, and never have cover, whilst your positions do.

that's easy just make the whole thing fly under its own power...

as a bonus a fling citadel is mobile and thus quite useful for Offense.

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 22, 2012, 01:52:51 pm »

anyway silly pipe dreams aside i feel that the population of this land is astoundingly low. for instance the capital here was... what 2000 - 3000 people. a large town like say for e.g coventry in the middle ages was about 15000 people and it was a very big and important city. in stark contrast to the population of this world. also how many villages are there in the local area, there dont seem too many for an entire kingdom
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:55:14 pm by jocgame »

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 22, 2012, 02:03:52 pm »

anyway silly pipe dreams aside i feel that the population of this land is astoundingly low. for instance the capital here was... what 2000 - 3000 people. a large town like say for e.g coventry in the middle ages was about 15000 people and it was a very big and important city. in stark contrast to the population of this world. also how many villages are there in the local area, there dont seem too many for an entire kingdom

See, a forced breeding program is in order. our arrival, conquest, and reordering of the world is in truly in everyone's best interest.  :P

actually I think the numbers represent an Abstract population score or some such thing to keep the game fairly simple.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 22, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »

See, a forced breeding program is in order. our arrival, conquest, and reordering of the world is in truly in everyone's best interest.  :P

actually I think the numbers represent an Abstract population score or some such thing to keep the game fairly simple.

Just make a monthly ritual orgy as a form of worship. population problems solved. Of course you may get a few diseases, but im sure you could work some of the magic generated from the worship to prevent them.

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »

how about a birth law. everyone MUST have 5 children or your ghoul candy

Comatose

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »

Just make a monthly ritual orgy as a form of worship. population problems solved. Of course you may get a few diseases, but im sure you could work some of the magic generated from the worship to prevent them.
These will be longer term plans, but will give greater returns over time. If we really want to go for broke, we could attempt to have large families/frequent childbearing ingrained into their social values.
We might not want to have the ritual orgys too often, just because of the risk of infections/diseases.
Dabbling Forum Poster
Adequate Dwarf Fortress Player
Proficient Forum Lurker

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:12 pm »

Our cult is a mix of Slaanesh and Nurgle values. Killing off valuable cultists just isn't worth it, either.
I think we should do what Comatose said; ensure that having lots of kids is considered a very good thing.
Of course, because we're evil.. this should flow into a eugenics program where kids who aren't up to snuff(physical/mental inadequacies) are made slaves/used for furnace fuel.
Also, I would like to state pre-emptively that I, in the real world, do not believe in eugenics, nor am I a Nazi.
EDIT: Perhaps we could make an exception for kids who approach what Crinkle is like in mind and body?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:33:38 pm by Koliup »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 22, 2012, 06:39:12 pm »

EDIT: Perhaps we could make an exception for kids who approach what Crinkle is like in mind and body?

No on, if anything we should encourage those kids even more.  If we're gonna do eugenics, then we have to do it properly.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 22, 2012, 07:05:11 pm »

Eugenics dosent work xP at all x)
Its not wise to kill everyone for realy minor changes. were a deamon for peats sake, not some holy warrior caste of perfection.
Just get the population up. Only time we should use Eugenics is to screw around with another country/people.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:45 pm »

Eugenics dosent work xP at all x)
Its not wise to kill everyone for realy minor changes. were a deamon for peats sake, not some holy warrior caste of perfection.
Just get the population up. Only time we should use Eugenics is to screw around with another country/people.
or just up the population and make our cult(ure) based on torture and deseption. Then make the kiddies that come out of it completly in love with crinkle. but thats power gaming to me
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 107