Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: A total reworking of the current Fortress economy, from the ground up.  (Read 19215 times)

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
Re: A total reworking of the current Fortress economy, from the ground up.
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »

I didnt bother reading through all the text, just throwing in an idea I tought cool (and wich Il do anyways in my personaly modded version).

Special armors, and maybe weapons, could be done in stages. This would allow a extreme costumization of armor and weapons, and perhaps other goods, and you would have a lot of room for trying out difrent weapon tipes. What about a half-axe half-sword? Longer or shorter? Sharpened or serrated? Those kinds of things. You could also make a iron cap then attach nose-guards and a mufler, for example.

Its just my belief that this kind of costumization, along with the possibility of forging smaller ingots and other materials for a more realistic use of resources, would allow huge amonds of diversification in the game-world, with every armor and weapon being at-least a bit difrent.

Of course, its quite a bit of work...
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 01:51:02 pm »

I made a reaction to brew drinks with water

[REACTION:BREW_ALCOHOLIC_BEVERAGE]
   [NAME:Make an Alcoholic Beverage]
   [BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_V]
   [REAGENT:water:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER]
   [REAGENT:bucket:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:water][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOOZE_MAT][UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:BOOZE_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:BREWING]

To make dwarves gather water in buckets, simply assign a flat area as a pond zone to be filled, dwarves will leave buckets with water near the water source zone.
Does this give quality modifiers to the booze?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

I have made modded booze reactions before and I found that those reactions do not put quality modifiers on the booze.

Here is a screenshot from my unreleased (due to lazyness/0.34.01) bloodwine mod for reference.

I didnt bother reading through all the text, just throwing in an idea I tought cool (and wich Il do anyways in my personaly modded version).

Special armors, and maybe weapons, could be done in stages. This would allow a extreme costumization of armor and weapons, and perhaps other goods, and you would have a lot of room for trying out difrent weapon tipes. What about a half-axe half-sword? Longer or shorter? Sharpened or serrated? Those kinds of things. You could also make a iron cap then attach nose-guards and a mufler, for example.

Its just my belief that this kind of costumization, along with the possibility of forging smaller ingots and other materials for a more realistic use of resources, would allow huge amonds of diversification in the game-world, with every armor and weapon being at-least a bit difrent.

Of course, its quite a bit of work...
SirHoneyBadger Has already done a lot of work in that area.  There is an older thread about weapons here.
It is already going to be incorporated into this mod as stated here.
Well, so far I've created a very diverse, and extremely thorough, mod of additional weapons. Well over a hundred new ones, possibly over two hundred, all historical, and many divided into separate cultural weapons lists for separate civilizations. Those are listed, infact, mod-ready in another thread of mine, somewhere on the Forum. I've also reworked the current civs, and added quite a few more, with an eye towards making each unique.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:15:07 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:48 pm »

I have made modded booze reactions before and I found that those reactions do not put quality modifiers on the booze.
That's as I thought, so modded reactions don't impart quality.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2012, 02:30:13 pm »

That's as I thought, so modded reactions don't impart quality.
No they do impart quality, just not to alcohol because alcohol never has a quality modifier.

Here is a screenshot showing the brewing blood "barrels" (actually a tool) that are used in my bloodwine mod which show quality modifiers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:34:06 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:05 am »

lumber pit: 2x2 req: 2 cut stones, 1 mechanism, 1 giant axe blade.
sawmill: 5x8 req: 40 non economic building material, 2 mechanisms, 1 serrated disk.*A* 
wood lathe: 2x4 req: 8 non-economical building material, 2 mechanisms, 2 metal bars. *A*
carpenter's yard: 5x5 req: 4 logs
whittler's shop: 3x3 req: 9 non-economical building material, 1 table, 1 chair/throne.
varnisher's yard: 4x4 req: 4 stone jugs, 2 tables
luthier's shop: 3x3 req: 18 cut stones, 6 roofing slates, 2 mechanisms, 1 wooden/stone/metal beam, 1 table, 1 chair/throne. *A*
woodworker's guildhall: 6x6 req: 64 cut stones, 18 roofing slates, 12 chairs/thrones, 12 stone mugs, 3 tables, 3 wooden/stone/metal beams, 3 wooden statues. *A*

I can try to get started on some of the workshops but I have a couple of questions before I do.

1. Are your dimensions specified width x height or height x width
    a. Custom workshops cannot be rotated so do you want to make the workshop four times (ex. sawmill_N, sawmill_E, sawmill_S, sawmill_W) once for each orientation, or have one fixed orientation.
       If you want a fixed orientation I need to be absolutely sure which one you want for the non-square ones before I start.

Since we're doing so many custom buildings, I think it might be cooler to make the different orientations, and it will also allow more Fortress customization, in the long run. Great point, and you've come up with a nice solution.

I appologise though for the extra work involved. If it gets to be too much, let me know and we can just go Height, then Width.

2. Blocks, exactly. I just call them cut stones, but you're right.

3. Do you want any of the workshops to require an architect to design them?

Another good point. I hadn't gotten that far yet, but since you mention it, I'll add an *A* above, to each building that requires an architect.

How does everyone feel about most workshops (atleast the ones requiring foundation) requiring architecture?

4. Do you want the color of parts of the workshops to be dependent on the building materials used (ex. microcline=blue)?

In some cases, it would be nice, but I'd like to give that some more consideration, as I'm still working out how the physical structures of the buildings will relate to the resources needed, and how the materials for those resources will relate to the overall look of the buildings.

It might be nice to have two separate styles of certain "low-tier" buildings as well, one for rough stone, and one for cut stone, and have the cut stone look neater and more refined, incase players decide to go to the extra effort, but I understand that that will double the workload.

5. Is it ok if the woodworkers guildhall is larger than 6x6?  It might be hard to make it look good at that size.
    a. Should I make a stoneworkers guildhall and metalworkers guildhall as well?
        If you do want them how different do you want them to be from each other?
            Should they all have the same design but require their respective build material be different or have different designs as well?

Larger would be fine, and I want to encourage your creative individuality, as long as things don't get off-track, since we're in the initial "get the mod somewhat functional" stages right now. The guildhalls should be different from one another, atleast to a point, and I'm also still defining how I want them to be created. I'm strongly considering requiring windows, for instance.

They'll definitely each require special items, which will be evocative of that particular skill, as much as is possible. There will actually be a blacksmith, goldsmith, and armourer's guildhall, as well as a mason's guildhall, and several other skillgroups will have their own halls.

The woodworker's hall is going to be modified quite a bit from what I listed. It will probably be mostly made from wood, for instance, down to the drinking vessels (the guild hall is where a lot of really specialized and intricate items are created, but it's also where the guilds throw dinner parties, get drunk, and elect each other.).

Sorry for the extra work, but it's a necessary tool and step for balancing, at the moment, so I can better judge what's suitable, what's unsuitable, and what's annoying.

Suggestions on things like building size, requirements, new buildings, etc., as well as constructive criticisms, are always welcome!

Wooden Beams:

Wooden beams will eventually be makeable at a lumber pit. That's basically the only thing the lumber pit is for.   

The sawmill will make wooden boards, which you'll be able to use for roofing, as an alternative to slates, and you'll also be able to use boards to make smaller wooden items, which should extend your supply of trees, considerably.

Roofing tiles will also be available, eventually, and be made from clay.

Reaction for wooden beam
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_WOODEN_GENERIC_BEAM]
[NAME:make wooden beam]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE] - change CRAFTSMAN to other building if you want
[REAGENT:log:1::NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_BEAM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:log:NONE]
[SKILL:CARPENTRY] - carpenter
Otherwise you will need three different buildings one for each type of beam (workshop_woodbeam, workshop_stonebeam, workshop_metalbeam).

I may have certain buildings be "beam-specific", but many, likely most, will take any beams, wooden ones being the most common.

Stone beams, by the way, can be made from a single block, and they'll be manufactured at a special building (expensively, compared to wooden ones), but metal beams will require something around 6 alike metal bars, and I might make them only createable at magma smelters, so they'll be expensive and rare.

Also the only way I know to only allow stone blocks, jugs, and mugs is to add [REACTION_CLASS:STONE] to the raw definition of every stone and adding [REACTION_CLASS:STONE] to the end of the line line specifying those build materials.
This is because metal and stone are both INORGANIC in the raws so INORGANIC, STONE, and METAL all select both metal and stone when specifying materials in the raws.
[/quote]

That might be necessary to do, then. This mod is an opportunity to do some fairly major reworking of the game, to get as much out of it as possible, as modders. The downside is all the re work ing that's going to take, but I'm hoping it will make things in general easier to mod, and give everyone better mods overall, in the long run.
For they would be your masters.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2012, 10:56:36 am »

The sawmill will make wooden boards, which you'll be able to use for roofing, as an alternative to slates, and you'll also be able to use boards to make smaller wooden items, which should extend your supply of trees, considerably.

First this I see is that you will have the same problem as the beams with the roofing units.
If you want to have workshops that you can build with any of the roofing units you will not be able to name them they way you want because you can't have "or" statements in the raws.
I suggest using a tool like this
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE]
[NAME:roofing tile:roofing tile]
[VALUE:3]
[TILE:222]
[SIZE:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[HARD_MAT]
[UNIMPROVABLE] - remove if you want to be able to decorate
and a reaction like this
reaction to make roofing slate
[REACION:MAKE_STONE_ROOFING_TILE]
[NAME:make stone roofing tile]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:stone:1:STONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] - for non-economic add WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT] - stone crafter
This will make things like "gabbro roofing tiles"
You can have reactions to make "cedar roofing tiles" from boards and "fireclay roofing tiles" from clay as well.
This way you won't have to duplicate workshops that should be buildable from all three types of tile.

How does everyone feel about most workshops (atleast the ones requiring foundation) requiring architecture?
I think that is a good idea especially for anything that is mechanical (sawmill), large, or has interesting/complex architecture (guildhalls).
Ones that don't need architecture I think are like the vanilla workshops which I think represent more the furniture and tools a Dwarf shoved into an existing room so he would have a place to work than an actual building.

4. Do you want the color of parts of the workshops to be dependent on the building materials used (ex. microcline=blue)?

In some cases, it would be nice, but I'd like to give that some more consideration, as I'm still working out how the physical structures of the buildings will relate to the resources needed, and how the materials for those resources will relate to the overall look of the buildings.
Thats fine, colors are much easier to change than the tiles used to make a building, I usually have to edit them manually a little anyway to get a workshop to look good.

I have stared by outlining the raws for the buildings and giving them build materials, now I need to design them.
building_econ_rework

[OBJECT:BUILDING]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:LUMBER_PIT]
[NAME:lumber pit]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]

[BUILD_ITEM:2:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal blocks only add REACTION_CLASS:STONE to all stone definitions and REACTION_CLASS:STONE to the end of this line to only use stone
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_GIANTAXEBLADE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_FURNACE:SAWMILL]
[NAME:sawmill]

[BUILD_ITEM:40:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:TRAPPARTS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_FURNACE:WOOD_LATHE]
[NAME:wood lathe]

[BUILD_ITEM:8:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:BAR:NONE:METAL:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:CARPENTERS_YARD]
[NAME:carpenter's yard]

[BUILD_ITEM:4:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:WHITTLERS_SHOP]
[NAME:whittler's shop]

[BUILD_ITEM:9:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:CHAIR:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:VARNISHERS_YARD]
[NAME:varnisher's yard]

[BUILD_ITEM:4:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:STONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] - will allow stone and metal jugs same fix as blocks
[BUILD_ITEM:2:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_FURNACE:LUTHIERS_SHOP]
[NAME:luthier's shop]

[BUILD_ITEM:18:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal blocks only
[BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:ITEM_BEAM:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_FURNACE:WOODWORKERS_GUILDHALL]
[NAME:woodworker's guildhall]

[BUILD_ITEM:64:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal blocks only
[BUILD_ITEM:18:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:12:CHAIR:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:12:GOBLET:NONE:STONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal goblets (mugs and goblets) same fix as stone only blocks
[BUILD_ITEM:3:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:3:TOOL:ITEM_BEAM:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:3:STATUE:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

I forgot to ask but what job do you want to be required for building each workshop (carpenter, mason, mechanic, etc.)?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:08:40 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:35 pm »

First this I see is that you will have the same problem as the beams with the roofing units.
If you want to have workshops that you can build with any of the roofing units you will not be able to name them they way you want because you can't have "or" statements in the raws.
[HARD_MAT]
and a reaction like this
[REAGENT:stone:1:STONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] - for non-economic add WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY
You can have reactions to make "cedar roofing tiles" from boards and "fireclay roofing tiles" from clay as well.
This way you won't have to duplicate workshops that should be buildable from all three types of tile.

I'm going to bow to your superior knowledge in this area. I'm satisfied that you know what you're talking about, so please proceed as you deem best. Results are what I care about, as long as steps are taken to prevent them turning around and biting us, at a later date.

I have a request: Please, if and when you find the time--and I mean, in general--do your best to educate us on exactly why you're doing things in this manner, in as easy to understand, pedestrian-off-the-street manner as possible. Another goal--although it's more like a wish at this point--is to have this thread serve something of an educational purpose, for anyone who follows after us. 

I want to understand what's going on, as much as possible, at every stage of the operation, and the reasons things are being done in such-and-such a way.

The next area I want to get set up is metalworking, in a broad manner. This will include furnaces, workshops, and peripheral buildings.

I have a question, though: What can be done to make coins more varied? Is this going to be as simple as coming up with names for different coins? Or are we going to have serious hang-ups with hard-coding in this area?

Here's what I'd like: I'd like to create a series of tiny (1x1) buildings, which will function as coin dies. To produce coins, you'll have to make the building, and then only one type of coin can be produced there. I'd also like to have many different types of currency floating around, with each entity potentially producing several different types of coins--including giant stone "coins" from my Giant civilization, and other potential standardized currency manufactured from such things as shells, glass beads, and hides, from some of the more exotic species out there.

Here's a list of the metalworking buildings I'm planning. I'll update this page later with their specifications and requirements:

Finery Forge
Crucible Furnace
Jeweller's Crucible
Cementation Furnace
Bloomery Furnace
Cupola Furnace
Blast Furnace
Spring Hearth
Casting Yard
Smelting Kiln
(currency) Minter
Armoury
Royal Mint
Drop Forge
Dragonfire Forge
Bell Foundry
Copper Foundry
Bronze Foundry
Blacksmith Guildhall
Goldsmith Guildhall
Bladesmith Guildhall
Armourer's Guildhall

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2012, 10:27:14 pm »

[HARD_MAT]
and a reaction like this

I'm going to bow to your superior knowledge in this area. I'm satisfied that you know what you're talking about, so please proceed as you deem best. Results are what I care about, as long as steps are taken to prevent them turning around and biting us, at a later date.

I have a request: Please, if and when you find the time--and I mean, in general--do your best to educate us on exactly why you're doing things in this manner, in as easy to understand, pedestrian-off-the-street manner as possible. Another goal--although it's more like a wish at this point--is to have this thread serve something of an educational purpose, for anyone who follows after us. 

I want to understand what's going on, as much as possible, at every stage of the operation, and the reasons things are being done in such-and-such a way.
Sure I can explain why it is better to do it that way.

Because you can't put an "or" statement in the raws like this

[BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_SLATE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] or [BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE_CLAY:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] or [BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE_WOOD:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

the only way to use these three differently named tools that serve the same function to build the same workshop you have to have the workshop listed three times (once for each different tool) like this.

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:EXAMPLE_WORKSHOP_STONEROOF]
   ---
   REST OF THE BUILDING RAWS
   ---
   [BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_SLATE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:EXAMPLE_WORKSHOP_CLAYROOF]
   ---
   ---
   [BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE_CLAY:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:EXAMPLE_WORKSHOP_WOODROOF]
   ---
   ---
   [BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE_WOOD:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

These each show up separately in the workshop menu.
Now think if this building also used the beams and there were three different beams, you now have 9 entries for the same workshop that differ only in their build requirements.
If you also want to have the four possible orientations of the building (since rotating the buildings can't be done) you would need 36 entries for the same building.
Each of these buildings must be individually added to every reaction associated with them and the races that use them.
It just becomes too difficult to mange this many duplicate buildings and makes the workshop menu very cluttered.

Using one tool for all three types of roof tile/beam (stone, metal, and wood) you only need 1 entry for a "non rotating" building and 4 entries for a "rotating" one.
As you can see this approach will save you a lot of time and headaches in the future because there is much less to keep track of.

The next area I want to get set up is metalworking, in a broad manner. This will include furnaces, workshops, and peripheral buildings.

I have a question, though: What can be done to make coins more varied? Is this going to be as simple as coming up with names for different coins? Or are we going to have serious hang-ups with hard-coding in this area?

Here's what I'd like: I'd like to create a series of tiny (1x1) buildings, which will function as coin dies. To produce coins, you'll have to make the building, and then only one type of coin can be produced there. I'd also like to have many different types of currency floating around, with each entity potentially producing several different types of coins--including giant stone "coins" from my Giant civilization, and other potential standardized currency manufactured from such things as shells, glass beads, and hides, from some of the more exotic species out there.
I will have to look into coins but I have heard about problems with modding them in.
I do know that the coins a civilization uses are defined in its entity raws.
Here is what it looks like in the dwarf raws.
[CURRENCY_BY_YEAR]
[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:5]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:15]
If changing those does not work you can make non-functional coins using tools or toys but they will not have images on them like in game coins.

I have a first draft of the lumber pit done

building_econ_rework_lumberpit

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:LUMBER_PIT_NORTH] -- nice version (made from blocks)
[NAME:lumber pit N]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:CARPENTER]
[BUILD_KEY:NONE]
---
[DIM:2:2]
[BLOCK:1:0:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:254:254]
[TILE:0:2:228:128]
[COLOR:0:1:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:43:221]
[TILE:1:2:228:128]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:16:221]
[TILE:2:2:43:43]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:2:2:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:3:1:16:221]
[TILE:3:2:22:240]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:6:0:0]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:2:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal blocks only add REACTION_CLASS:STONE to all stone definitions and REACTION_CLASS:STONE to the end of this line to only use stone

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:LUMBER_PIT_ROUGH_NORTH] -- rough version (made from stones) (has no constructed floor (only visible during construction))
[NAME:lumber pit (r) N]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:2]
---
[DIM:2:2]
[BLOCK:1:0:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:7:7]
[TILE:0:2:228:128]
[COLOR:0:1:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:' ':179]
[TILE:1:2:228:128]
[COLOR:1:1:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:16:179]
[TILE:2:2:' ':' ']
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:2:2:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:16:179]
[TILE:3:2:22:47]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:6:0:0]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:2:BOULDER:NONE:STONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
please take a look at it and tell me what you think.

It might be nice to have two separate styles of certain "low-tier" buildings as well, one for rough stone, and one for cut stone, and have the cut stone look neater and more refined, incase players decide to go to the extra effort, but I understand that that will double the workload.

I made a nice and rough version since this is a small building and to see if I want to do that again in the future.
If you like it I will make the other three orientations so It can be a "rotating" building.

Here is the Wood Lathe

building_econ_rework_wood_lathe

[BUILDING_FURNACE:WOOD_LATHE_NORTH]
[NAME:wood lathe N]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
---
[DIM:4:2]
[BLOCK:1:1:1:1:1]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:128:128:7:254]
[TILE:0:2:240:240:254:7]
[COLOR:0:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:1:1:222:43:43:221]
[TILE:1:2:254:7:254:7]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:2:1:222:43:43:221]
[TILE:2:2:43:43:43:209]
[COLOR:2:1:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:2:2:MAT:MAT:MAT:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:222:196:196:221]
[TILE:3:2:22:43:43:209]
[COLOR:3:1:MAT:6:0:0:6:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:7:6:0:7:6:0:7:6:0]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:8:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:2:BAR:NONE:METAL:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

The Whittler's Shop

building_econ_rework_whittlers_shop

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:WHITTLERS_SHOP_NORTH]
[NAME:whittler's shop N]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:3]
[BUILD_LABOR:WOODCRAFT]
---
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:209:7:7]
[TILE:0:2:254:254:254]
[TILE:0:3:210:7:7]
[COLOR:0:1:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:0:3:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:209:43:43]
[TILE:1:2:254:43:43]
[TILE:1:3:210:43:43]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:3:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:43:43:43]
[TILE:2:2:43:209:43]
[TILE:2:3:43:210:43]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:2:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:3:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:20:230:168]
[TILE:3:2:240:209:88]
[TILE:3:3:22:210:88]
[COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:6:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:MAT:6:0:0]
[COLOR:3:3:6:0:0:MAT:6:0:0]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:9:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

The Varnisher's Yard

building_econ_rework_varnishers_yard

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:VARNISHERS_YARD_NORTH]
[NAME:varnisher's yard N]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:3]
[BUILD_LABOR:GLAZING]
---
[DIM:4:4]
[BLOCK:1:0:1:1:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:1:1:0]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:4:0:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:32:32:32:32]
[TILE:0:2:32:32:32:32]
[TILE:0:3:238:238:32:32]
[TILE:0:4:238:238:210:210]
[COLOR:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:0:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0:0:0:0]
[COLOR:0:4:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:43:220:220:43]
[TILE:1:2:43:223:223:43]
[TILE:1:3:238:238:' ':' ']
[TILE:1:4:238:238:210:210]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:0:0:0:7:0:0]
[COLOR:1:4:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:238:220:220:238]
[TILE:2:2:43:223:223:43]
[TILE:2:3:43:43:43:210]
[TILE:2:4:238:43:210:238]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:MAT:MAT:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:2:MAT:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:2:3:MAT:MAT:MAT:7:0:0]
[COLOR:2:4:7:0:0:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:238:220:220:238]
[TILE:3:2:150:223:223:21]
[TILE:3:3:43:210:210:43]
[TILE:3:4:238:227:227:238]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0:MAT:MAT:7:0:0]
[COLOR:3:2:6:0:0:MAT:MAT:6:0:0]
[COLOR:3:3:MAT:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:3:4:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0:7:0:0]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:4:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:STONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] - will allow stone and metal jugs same fix as blocks
[BUILD_ITEM:2:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

The Luthier's Shop

building_econ_rework_luthiers_shop

[BUILDING_FURNACE:LUTHIERS_SHOP_NORTH]
[NAME:luthier's shop N]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:MASONRY]
---
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:1]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:210:128:254]
[TILE:0:2:254:254:254]
[TILE:0:3:220:240:254]
[COLOR:0:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:0:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:0:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[TILE:1:1:210:43:220]
[TILE:1:2:43:43:219]
[TILE:1:3:220:240:223]
[COLOR:1:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:1:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[TILE:2:1:43:43:220]
[TILE:2:2:43:210:219]
[TILE:2:3:43:43:223]
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:2:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:2:3:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[TILE:3:1:22:22:220]
[TILE:3:2:43:210:219]
[TILE:3:3:168:168:223]
[COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:7:0:1:MAT]
[COLOR:3:2:7:0:0:7:0:0:MAT]
[COLOR:3:3:7:0:1:6:0:0:MAT]
---
[BUILD_ITEM:18:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] -- will allow stone and metal blocks only
[BUILD_ITEM:6:TOOL:ITEM_ROOFING_TILE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:ITEM_BEAM:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:29:09 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2012, 03:34:45 pm »

Good to see that you are working on this, even if you got that much rather negative feedback at first. I am curious about how much progress you guys will do over the weeks. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:53 pm »

Good to see that you are working on this, even if you got that much rather negative feedback at first. I am curious about how much progress you guys will do over the weeks. :)

Well, most of the credit absolutely has to go to arclance, who is doing most of the heavy lifting right now, and also providing clear insight and excellent advice. I'm just organizing things, and keeping track of the overall "vision", as best can be. 

I've got my own hard work to do, on the weapons for instance, and I'm also going to write up a bunch of entities that can be incorporated into the mod. I'm making progress on the weapons, but it's a vast update because of organizing all the components, and as far as the entities go, I'm holding off a bit on coding the entities completely because of the very recent update, but I already have 16 or so that I'm working out the details for, since each should be relatively unique.

One thing I'm doing with entities is, while still keeping them unique, I'm dividing the vanilla entities into separate groups, to represent political divisions within species. Thus, I have, for example, 9 separate dwarf entities, all still similar and recogniseable as dwarfs, but not identical (bit more Scottish, Norse, or Welsh, more or less militant, more or less baroque, different selection of weapons/tools for some, slightly different ethos, etc.) that you'll be able to choose from, per personal preference.

@arclance: These look magnificent!  Very artistic.  The only thing I noticed was the lumber pit appears as though it's using a rotating giant saw blade, visually/graphically speaking, rather than a giant axe blade, but that may be a limitation of the graphics program you're employing.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:01:11 am by SirHoneyBadger »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »

Looks very interesting. Can't wait to see what develops! If you need any help, I'd be glad to pitch in.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

@arclance: These look magnificent!  Very artistic.  The only thing I noticed was the lumber pit appears as though it's using a rotating giant saw blade, visually/graphically speaking, rather than a giant axe blade, but that may be a limitation of the graphics program you're employing.
That is just the "trap component" tile (228 - Σ), its hardcoded and can't be changed so all trap components look the same.
I think they turned out well, I'm glad you like them too.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:55:54 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:23 pm »

Again, If you can use anything from my mod, have a look. My building list is quite long, hopefully you find something.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 04:27:40 pm »

Posting to watch. Focusing farming on only one season seems nice to me, what do you think?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8