Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrong Civs  (Read 1196 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Wrong Civs
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »

I need some help. I've been making a mod over the last few days and i've gotten it almost completed, but suddenly when i go into the game, all the civs are things like amphibian men and giant cave swallows :o. When i generate a new world it says there are goblins, dwarves, elves and humans, but when I hit "Start Playing" suddenly they're all something else entirely  :'(. Someone please help me fix this, I'm not sure what's wrong. I've checked entities and nothing seems to be out of order, and i haven't moved anything out of their respective folders, so I'm a bit baffled. Anyone have any ideas?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wrong Civs
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:29:28 pm »

Have you checked your error logs? Maybe a duplicated raw somewhere? Maybe a typo?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:41:41 pm »

Oh wow, there seem to be a lot of errors. And just huge sections of "Random Buffer Overload" and then a lot of them not recognizing things like CE_OOZING for a syndrome i put in. Everything works fine in the arena though...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:44:49 pm »

Another outstanding error is that it cannot find "nail" tissue for dwarves. I havent done anything for nail tissues.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:11:54 pm »

Double check everything you made (say you copied something) if there is one DUPE everything goes to hell.
So if you had
DWARF
and copied everything from it left it as
DWARF

DF would look at it anf go WTF!?! and instantaously start shuffling everything. Even going to the exstent of using swords for boots and hats for pants.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »

THANK YOU SO MUCH HUGO! I had about 70 duplicate files for new subterranean creatures i put in, which apparently makes the game think that humans and Rocs are the same civilization.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »

THANK YOU SO MUCH HUGO! I had about 70 duplicate files for new subterranean creatures i put in, which apparently makes the game think that humans and Rocs are the same civilization.

Wow, how did you get so many? O_o

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

Well i had done all of my extra creatures in the standard creatures folder, but i also had them all in other creatures as well. Probably just hit CNTRL-V at the wrong time :P