Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slaughter/caging job conflicts  (Read 381 times)

WizardMagus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Slaughter/caging job conflicts
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

A farmer was attempting to take a horse to slaughter.  A noble was attempting to cage a horse.  It just so happened to be the same horse.

I watched in horror for several minutes to be sure of what I was seeing.  One would grab onto the horse and take it a couple steps, before the other would grab it from him and pull it a couple steps in the other direction.

I guess this might not be technically considered a bug, but it's a huge time-waster.  The problem is that I like to cage just about everything, so I don't check which ones are set for slaughter as well (which is also impossible since they're all named "stray horse").  I had no idea they could conflict, and cause lockups like the one I witnessed.  Perhaps you could set slaughter to take priority over caging?  Or some other method of job resolution?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughter/caging job conflicts
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:15:00 am »

Hmm, just cancel your slaughter task.

Or mark that horse "not ready for slaughter".

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

WizardMagus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 01:43:00 am »

But I wanted the horse slaughtered, not caged.

I solved the problem by uncaging each horse in turn on the cage menu until the noble stopped trying to cage the horse, but that already took long enough, and this was still a small fortress...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »

This is Bug 79.  I'll handle it at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »

I noticed it's not just butchering animals that causes this bug, it also happens with dwarves attempting to rest who are sentenced to imprisonment, because they couldn't fulfil mandates, because they were resting. D'oh!