Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mastermind - Turn 1 (Finally started!)  (Read 10220 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Mastermind - Turn 1 (Finally started!)
« on: January 22, 2012, 07:45:44 am »

A group of dark figures stand in a dark hall. Nobody talks, and why would they? They all know why they came here. Best to get it done with as soon as possible.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, a huge door at the end of the room opens, spilling light. The group silently moves inside, stopping in front of a desk behind which an old man sits.

"Greetings, my students", the old man exclaims.

Silence.

"No need to be so gruff toward your old master. As you all know, today is the final day of your mastermind training."

Silence met his words, but a few men split grins or rubbed their hands.

"After you exit this room, you'll be entrusted with ten thousand money units and access to Megamind Corporation's assets. Using only those two things, you'll be expected to do your best to take over this world. You are free to choose your own path - backstab, murder, assassinate, bribe, charm, entice. The only rule: no fighting in the Megamind territory. Am I understood?"

Several nods and grunts of assent were the answer.

"Perfect. Now, off you go."

Roll to be a Mastermind

You are one of the mastermind who just finished the training in the Megamind Corporation - highly secret organisation that has been trying to take over the world for the last century. The last one standing will get everything - unless he'll prove to be too weak to handle the responsibility.

Spoiler: Sign-up sheet: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: List of nations: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Country information: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat system: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Minion costs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Country relations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Base upgrades (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infiltration how-to (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Post-conquest (click to show/hide)

Wow, I still haven't run out of space in my first post. Also, remember that this is my first RtD ever, and of an untested concept to boot; point me to any apparent imbalances and I'll do my best to fix them.

List of players:
- Tiruin;
- 10ebbor10;
- Toaster;
- Noodlerex;
- antlion12;
- cerapa;
- Baradine;
- Superior_Tomato;
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:41:02 pm by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mastermind - pregame
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 07:46:12 am »

Reserved for the Greater Good Bad.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:46:41 am »

Also reserved just to be on the safe side (though I doubt I'll need this post).

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 07:48:42 am »

Post my char tommorow its too late to think atm but reserving a spot

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:14 am »

Post my char tommorow its too late to think atm but reserving a spot
You've already reserved one. :D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 08:36:13 am »

Name: The Professor

Bio: Despite what others may say, the professor is neither mad nor evil. He's a benefactor to the whole of humanity and perfectly sane, if only a bit excentric.  He firmly beliefs that Science and scientific knowledge should be unrestricted by rules, ethics or aestethics. Unfortunatly, the world disagreed with him after some rather controversial experiments and he was almost put to prison for the mysterious deaths of several botanical experts. He escaped and joined the Megamind organization instead. Because if the world didn't want to change, he would have to change the world.

Perk: Homo Universalis: The professor knows a lot about science, and is an expert in most fields(except ethics, aestethics, law,...). Unfortunately this means that he sometimes confuses different fields of science, with unfortunate results.(The most famous examples being the Quantum cactus, which is completly harmless unless you prick yourself with it and the leadfish, a rare breed of goldfish)

Base: Underwater base under a Windfarm in the English Channel.(Tier 2)

Stats:
0 martial arts
5 strategy
5 charisma
5 infiltration
5 leadership

Minions:
4 building teams(1000)
2 spy(600)
Technician(300)
2 uncamouflaged robotic squads(400)
1 elite(400)
2 camouflaged robotic squads(600)
1 diplomat
Total:3650
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:17:01 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:48:12 am »

Underwater base under a Windfarm in the Channel.
Do you mean the English Channel?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 09:22:02 am »

Yes

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 09:39:44 am »

Heres hoping duplicating my character from anothwer supervillain game I am in isnt a bad thing...

Name: KB-1981

Bio: 7 ft tall gun metal grey droid, slim in proportion to its height. Pneumatic and electomechanical actuators form the majority of its vaugely humanoid structure. Armoured head protects sensory and computational apparatus. People find the eyes intimidatory, mainly due to how they change colour depending on what particulr band of the EM spectrum KB-1981 is seeing in at any one time. Armoured torso contains hydrogen fuel cells. Has hands for hand related grabbing, and its lower arms have interface ports for integrated weaponary. KB-1981 was one of the last of the experimental KB droids to be built - an emoitionless machine designed to be efficient at killing, run by a complex autonomus AI core. The initial run of 2000 were to be used by NATO as a "first in" combat unit, designed to be dropped into a combat zone, establish some kind of beachhead or perimeter ready for human combatants to arrive. The first few small scale missions were a success - no combat losses, and efficient victories. Some high up officials were worried about how many enemy combatants were killed in what became very one sided engagements. The first large scale deployment was a disaster from a public relations point of view. 500 units were depolyed in an assault on a militant base on the Pakistan/India border. Analysis of footage showed that the droids wiped out the base in under an hour, then after examining intel materials they gathered worked out that the locals had been supplying and supporting the militants. They turned on the local towns, and killed thousands. NATO pulled the plug on the programme. Those not on active duty were scrapped. Those that were on duty were rounded up and eliminated when they presented resistance. This wasnt that easy, as many were on autonomus patrols. Some even escaped maxium security military bases. Only one elusive droid has remained unaccounted for...

Perk: Combat Droid - minor bonus to all combat traits.

Base: Disused frozen tundra missile silo base type place.

Stats:
- Strategy: 5
- Martial skill:7
- Charisma:1
- Infiltration: 3
- Leadership: 4

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:49:18 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 10:29:17 am »

Name: Unknown Hy...OOH SHINY...wait, where was I, yes, Hyperactif. I thinks thats what it was yeah.

Bio: An average male human being, aside from being ludicrously hyperactive. Spent the wast majority of his life in a mental asylum. His name is currently unknown, and it is believed that he does not actually have one. It is also unknown whetever his desire to rule the world is simply a momentary whim, or an actual plan. As a last note, youhow did you get in here? *crack* You talking about me? Cool. Let me just fill this out to make it easier for you, you dont even know my name. Also, its an actual plan...I think. I got a lot of plans going. It might be one of them. I also like trains.

Perk: Hyperactive: You are always doing something, all this spent time culminates into an additional infiltration action every turn, which gets a reduced chance of failing.

Base: Tier 1: Former mental asylum on a deserted island off the coast of france.

Starting minions:

6 Spy [1800]
4 Building team [1000]
8 Camouflaged robotic squad [2400]
2 Technicians [600]
General [500]
Total expenditure + base: 8300

Stats:
- Strategy;2
- Martial skill;3
- Charisma;4
- Infiltration;7
- Leadership;4
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:20:04 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 11:35:42 am »

OP updated with more info. Full minion cost list coming soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 11:56:43 am »

I always like one of these.

Name: Captain Strayand

Bio: Captain Strayand trained in the US special forces before turning to the path of Evil.  Dissatisfied with working for others, he decided to strike it on his own, before ironically joining the Megamind Corporation.  He uses his background as a special forces leader to lead and inspire his minions- they always work better when he is around.

He is a tall man with an athletic build, given his past and the daily workout routine he follows.  He dresses in simple camo with only a couple trappings of leadership, preferring a simplistic look.

Perk:  Frontline Leader:  All minions get bonuses when the leader is present on an operation.

Base:  An underground military compound in the US Midwest.  (Tier 2)

Minions

2x Builder (500)
1x Diplomat (350)

3x Human Squad (750)
4x Elites (1600)
4x Saboteur Squad (1200)
2x Doctor (600)

Minion costs: 5000
Base cost: 4000

Leftover Cash: 1000

Stats:
- Strategy 7
- Martial skill 4
- Charisma 2
- Infiltration 1
- Leadership 6
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:52:07 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »

Name: Baradine Mckane

Bio: I don't remember much, except for being found and raised by the corporation.  I was sixteen then, and I'm twenty-four now.  I'd shown high prowess in strategy and leading an army, I decided to become a Mastermind.  My goals?  They are four-fold.  First, establish power in a few countries.  Secondly, use my power to find out about my background.  Thirdly, if anyone is at fault, kill them.  Lastly, take over the rest of the world, of course!

Perk: Strategic Genius:  Gain a +2 bonus to all attacks (personal and when leading armies)

Base: An abandoned outpost in the Sahara.

Starting minions:
4 Human Squads (1000)
1 non-camouflaged robotic squad (200)
2 Elites (800)
1 Walker (1000)
2 Generals (1000)
2 Doctors (600)
1 Technician (300)
2 Building Squads (400)
Total: (5300)

Stats:
- Strategy: 7
- Martial skill: 4
- Charisma: 3
- Infiltration: 2
- Leadership: 4 

This should be more reasonable, right?  I wouldn't think that a desert outpost would be any more than Tier 2.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:12:25 pm by Baradine »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 11:04:59 pm »

~Shall Edit~

Construction on hold. Construction finished.

Name: Tyrin Korval

Bio: A student in military tactics and strategy, Tyrin was raised and trained in the Art of War. Peace was just a brief reprieve before something caused another fight between nations, he believed. As every nation was competing with each other to be the best and rule over the rest, why not help them? He has other plans anyway, if he does take control of the known world.

Also, the people in Megamind Corp. knew how to play chess. He loved chess.

Perk: Tactician: All basic Soldiers (price of equal to 300 or below) get a slight boost in combat (both defense and offense and to their health or survival rate) due to their confidence in their Commander.

Base: Deep in the forests on an island in the Pacific. (Tier 2)

Starting minions:
4 Building Teams - 1000
2 Spies - 600
1 Camouflaged Robotic + Technician = 600
1 Saboteur squad - 300
2 Diplomats - 700
2 Human squads - 500
Total: 3700

Stats:
- Strategy: 4
- Martial skill: 1
- Charisma: 4
- Infiltration: 6
- Leadership: 5
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:14:27 am by Tiruin »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 03:13:55 am »

Name:Derek Hicks Jr.

Bio: Derek Hicks Sr. was one of the first oil moguls in the industrial age, building up an empire with wealth rivaling that of some small countries his son lived an incredibly lavish lifestyle. It was only natural that when Derek Jr's father passed away that Derek would assume his role as head of the company, living carefree off of the money his estate provided him, Derek was immune to the concerns of normal people, at least until the oil ran out. In a matter of months Derek's empire crumbled around him and he faded into obscurity. Before long however Derek had a backup plan, if the world had lost faith in his old empire so quickly he would have to  find another way to earn their respect, and to finally make them pay!

Perk: Insomniac: you can do another action yourself per turn;

Base: Empty Oil Field in Southern Texas: Tier 2

Starting minions:
2 Building Squads(500)
2 Human Squads+Doctors(1100)
1 Saboteur Squad(300)
1 Spy(300)
1 Diplomat(350)
Total=2550

Stats: Distribute 20 points among the following:
- Strategy :4
- Martial skill :1