Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Bluerobin Streams  (Read 26877 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's down)
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 09:35:12 am »

Alrighty guys, looks like I have a bunch of free time, so I'm going to start downloading the streaming software and getting set up. I'll probably have the stream chat open in the background if you want to stop by early, but play for about 30-45 minutes from now (11am EST/5pm in FRANCE). Also, Broken Sword's fun, but I still remember the majority of it and it's an adventure game, so the puzzles are a bit part of the appeal, so I doubt I'll stream it. Good suggestion though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's UP! ish.)
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 09:59:10 am »

It's up! Tho we're just testing atm. So I suppose up-ish would be more accurate. The music is being a bish and microphone troubles are being had.

This just in: Bluerobin's headphones can apparently act as a mic. Without using the actual mic on them. Awesome, but silleh.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:14:20 am by Twi »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 10:18:29 am »

Discovery 1: My laptop can't use both the headphones and the mic functionalities of my headphones-with-inline-mic.
Discovery 2: My laptop's mic sounds just fine to me on the sound mixer, but to Twi it sounds like a shotgunning engine that drowns me out.
Discovery 3: When I plug my headphones-with-inline-mic into the mic slot it ignores the mic part of the headphones entirely and I can talk into the headphones as if they were a (very, very, very bad) microphone. Interesting, but not useful in the least.

I'm going to try and troubleshoot some more, but... I dunno. I could try playing and just typing to communicate if worse comes to worse I guess.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's up! ish.)
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:42 am »

Have you tried adjusting the headphones themselves? Maybe they have some arcane setting on them that's doing that.

EDIT: Nope, his comp is just too dumb to do two things on one jack and pics the headphones first.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:28:27 am by Twi »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's UP!)
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:39 am »

So, finagling has lowered mic obnoxiousness to a minimum and streaming will commence post-haste! Come on down for some Creeper World 2, then some Age of Mythology (or whatever people are up for)!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's UP!)
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:32 am »

So, finagling has lowered mic obnoxiousness to a minimum and streaming will commence post-haste! Come on down for some Creeper World 2, then some Age of Mythology (or whatever people are up for)!

You are liable to be eaten by a grue wolf, tho.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 12:48:33 pm »

Alrighty, got through some of Creeper World 2 before mic issues and sunlight tempted me away from my computer. I'm going to get dinner and maybe go read on the beach. I'll keep you guys informed about when I'm going to be able to stream next!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »

Darn your French timezonage, Robin, I wasn't here at 11EST today. But I was yesterday. :|
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »

He said he might stream again later today
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 03:02:56 pm »

It's not looking like tonight's going to work out, but tomorrow and Sunday are looking much more likely. Also, my mom on Skype says you guys are crazy and my mic's fine. :P

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 03:35:12 pm »

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure :P

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »

Soooooooo should I assume that this means the stream will be delayed to next weekend?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 04:30:53 pm »

Probably not until next weekend, but until Wednesday or Thursday, yeah. Sorry, vacation and a bad laptop mic got the best of me.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2012, 03:12:06 pm »

Alright, I'm back from France and I think I'm mostly situated again, so I'm going to do a bit of streaming tonight. I'll probably finish up Creeper World 2 and do a custom game of Age of Mythology, so hop on over around 6:30EDT (about 2 hours and 15 minutes from now).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

And we could play WarLight if we run out if things to do, I guess. Or WazHack, single or whatever the multiplayer is exactly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16