Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Bluerobin Streams  (Read 26863 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's down)
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2013, 11:22:33 pm »

Gonna play around for the next hour or so to make sure my stream still works. Feel free to drop by.

Edit: Aaaand that's that. It froze up on my 3 times, so I'll try and solve that before tomorrow, but if I can't we might just be quicksaving and loading every half hour or so. If I can figure out hotkeys for that it should barely disrupt the gameplay. Also, Zubat using hydro cannon courtesy of Solifuge!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:21:42 am by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:44 pm »

:D It turns out there's been a change in plans so I can still watch the stream today if it's still scheduled for today.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »

Stream is still scheduled for today. I'm really not sure about my timing, but I think it's going to be 6:30-8:15ish pm (GMT-5). I'd really like to stream longer, but the original 3 hour window has been eaten away at from both sides. I should be able to stream again later in the week though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:51 pm »

I'm running a bit late, but... it's time! Stop on by: link!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »

And it's done!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »

When will the adventure continue?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »

Woo for two weeks of me going completely missing. I've had serious issues with the emulator I was using so I'm going to try a different one, but I'm not sure about saves being compatible (my guess is that they aren't). On the other hand, if it doesn't work out I could always just play other games. I'll try and keep this up to date so you guys know.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »

Play other gaaaames. Kerbal Space Program or Minecraft or something. Really, anything's good.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2013, 05:50:59 pm »

I know someone mentioned another game that I'd been wanting to play. I seem to remember a giant crab and some time travel. Also possibly lasers.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2013, 05:52:07 pm »

I know someone mentioned another game that I'd been wanting to play. I seem to remember a giant crab and some time travel. Also possibly lasers.

I'd tell you what it is, but there's no time to explain!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:49 am »

So, Twi's been poking at me and let me know that most of my videos aren't up on my Livestream channel anymore. I'm putting them up on a youtube channel over at The Hooloovoo's Cache (points for getting the reference). They're not edited and they're only Livestream quality, so... they probably aren't worth watching unless you really want to see the old stuff. If nothing else it means I now have somewhere to put videos.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2013, 10:28:18 am »

Huzzah.
Also, not-huzzah to derplivestream ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:01 pm »

most all of my videos

Fixed that for you.

But yeah, the quality is pretty terrible. 360p is workable, but 240 is...not so much.

You should probably just record things non-livestream if you want them to be pretty, but I have no idea what. Or pull off a way to record at a higher quality than you're streaming, but I have no idea how you would do that either. :V

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2013, 11:49:04 pm »

I had basically no intention of keeping those around and putting them on display, so I didn't really do much to make videos that were worth watching later. I've talked to Soli since then and he gave me ideas for how to stream in low-ish res while recording in a higher one for uploading later, so I'll probably do that next time.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bluerobin Teaches and Community Competitions!
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2013, 07:16:17 pm »

Alright, I had a bit of inspiration strike today and I want to run it by people (tl;dr at the bottom). I want to stream again, but I need to stream something I enjoy doing because if it's work I won't do it. I realized I really like learning and explaining game systems to people and I was wondering if there's interest in something like that. The way I'm thinking of doing it is something like this for each game:

Stream 1: Introduction to the game
I'll play through a bit of the game in question. Probably 3-5 hours of just normal gameplay, explaining on a fairly surface level how things work while just having fun playing the game.

Stream 2: Diving in to game mechanics
Playing the game, but doing so in a way that exposes the core mechanics as much as possible, while explaining the guts in more depth. This will look different for each game and will tie directly in to the third stream.

Stream 3: Competitive community involvement
Here's where you guys would join in. Using what I've shown and explained in the first two streams, you guys would do a little work on your own then we would have community competitive play either as a tournament or in whatever format works best for the game in question. The goal here is friendly competition, because it's unlikely that more than one or two people will be experts at any given game.

The list of games I brainstormed is fairly small, but it's games I already know a fair amount about, so it would mean less work for me behind the scenes. So far it's:

Pokemon - the competitive part would likely be a series of 1v1 battles, but we could have some fun with alternative battles too
Final Fantasy Tactics - AI arena battle teams - a bit of a special case, but still fun
Magic the Gathering - might be hard because of the sheer number of possibilities, but could be fun for an on-going thing
Age of Mythology - I've already streamed this a bit and there were people who showed interest in multiplayer
Path of Exile - the competitive part would likely be races for those who know a bit about the game
Starcraft - either 1 or 2, the main issue here is probably getting a hold of people who have the game
Dominions 3 - a whole game would take way too long, maybe just 1v1s on small maps
Minecraft - there's potentially less strategy here, but maybe not, especially with some of the competitive maps out there.
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses - I just really like this old PS2 game - I really don't know if multiplayer would work, I haven't tried it at all

The main issues I see are:
1) Stream 2 might be boring for a lot of people, but it's kind of important for getting enough people to make stream 3 work.
2) Stream 3 for each game relies on getting people to participate. Starting with a relatively easy, low stakes, low investment game will help with this, though.
3) Scheduling. Getting streams 1 and 2 to people is easy enough if I record them, but making sure people are able to participate in stream 3 might be tough.
4) Motivation/time required for me to essentially do curriculum development and lesson plans for these things. :P On the other hand, I want to teach professionally, so this will be good practice teaching (in addition to the actual training I already have) and I'll be showing you guys things I'm interested in, which is always good.

Anyway, any feedback you guys have would be appreciated. Let me know if you think this would be something you're interested in, what issues you think there might be, game suggestions that you think might work (don't worry if the "competitive" part requires some creative thinking, that can be a bit abstract if we need), or anything else. I'll be tying in to the B12 community who are interested in each individual game, too, so we should have some rotating experts in each game in addition to the research I'll be doing myself.

tl;dr: I want to do a series of streams focusing on a variety of games, teaching the games to you guys then pitting us all against each other in competitive fun with the knowledge you hopefully absorb from the preliminary streams.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16