Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Bluerobin Streams  (Read 26867 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's UP!)
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2012, 12:12:02 pm »

Stream is up.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's UP!)
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2012, 04:15:36 pm »

It's been a while since I've played OTTD and that was surprisingly fun. Stream's down for now, might be doing more this evening. Going to see if I can find a place to get Afterlife after Neonivek brought it up in chat.

Edit: Well, I WAS going to post something about how the OTTD company is doing, but apparently I didn't set the password to what I thought it was and I can't get in. Ohhhh well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:21:30 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Bluerobin streams! (it's down)
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »

Aw darnit, I missed the first official robinday
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2012, 09:30:29 am »

Haha, no worries. It was sort of short and was basically just me playing with trains the whole time. :P

I did end up finding Afterlife eventually, but I forgot how... old it is. I'll have to play around with it and see if I can get it to stream.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Haha, no worries. It was sort of short and was basically just me playing with trains the whole time. :P

I did end up finding Afterlife eventually, but I forgot how... old it is. I'll have to play around with it and see if I can get it to stream.

Yeah even I forgot how absolutely old it is.

It really didn't age well.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »

That happens, some games seem great years later even when they shouldn't and others feel like they spent all that time purposefully making its art and gameplay hate you. Its actually interesting sometimes to examine them side by side sometimes as it can occasionally tell you why its so. You know besides the fact that some of the games where ones you viewed through the rose colored glasses of nostalgia so long the real thing could never compare.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »

Sometimes certain conventions are hard to live without.

For example the concept of NOT MAKING THE GAME UNWINNABLE doesn't exist in many of the older point and clicks, in fact quite a few of them put them in there intentionally (Leisure Suit Larry AND Space Quest used them copiously). It makes the idea of playing them sometimes dreadful.

At the same time I want to slug that Article on "Why Graphical adventure games arn't around anymore" every single time someone takes it seriously.

There is just a certain spark in some of these older games as well as a certain variety. Sure this was just one of the many MANY Simcity clones, but have you ever seen a 4x game become a game about gods conquesting across planes of existance?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:11:11 pm by Neonivek »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2012, 05:17:18 pm »

Yeah, I really wanted Warlock to be... bigger because of the idea of 4x-ing across all those different planes. It's still fun, but not as cool and strategic about the other planes as it might have been. Oh, there's an idea. Does anyone have Warlock and want to play multiplayer?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »

The problem is not that they make the game unwinnable, its that they make the game unwinnable without telling you. Anytime you have to start over such as in a roguelike because of dieing it meant the previous game is now unwinnable. The difference is that you know its so instead of continuing on and still thinking you have a chance to win. If I could just remember where I read a good article on this somewhere.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

What's Warlock?

Also I would like to mention that I have a spare gift copy of Achron if you think it would be an interesting stream
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2012, 05:36:45 pm »

Yeah, one of the worst feelings I've had while playing a game is getting to a point and realizing you did something 4 hours ago that might (maybe? Am I sure there's no way around this?) have made the game unwinnable. Before the internet was as easily accessible as it is it was worse because you weren't even sure a lot of the time.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane is a Civ 5 style 4x game set in the Majesty/Majesty 2 setting (Ardania, woo!).

Edit: Oh hey, Achron, I forgot about that game. It might be neat, but I feel like that game would work best for multiplayer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2012, 08:37:53 pm »

I'd totally be interested in Achron, its a neat thing and has time travel. But the demo hates my computer. :-[
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2013, 02:06:14 pm »

Guess whaaaat?

I'm gonna stream again. I'm going to be playing Pokemon Black, but randomized. I think I'm going to randomize Pokemon types, stats, and moves but keep everything else the same. Pokemon fans are especially encouraged to stop by for the sheer mindbreaking bug/water Lillipups and ghost/flying Patrats and I'll probably have you guys helping me with a Google doc so I can remember which Pokemon are what type.

At this point I'm planning on getting started tomorrow around 6:30 pm eastern time (GMT-5) and potentially again later in the week. I'm not sure if this means I'll be streaming more often, but I wanted to at least try this out. See you guys then!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2013, 03:47:20 pm »

That sounds fun! :3

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile