Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Now?  (Read 859 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What Now?
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:34:49 am »

It's the close of year seven in Wheelbaldness. I've got the metal industry humming along producing candy, my food stockpiles are way overstuffed, I'm finishing up the dodge-me bridge into my fort(after having had to rip out most of the traps from discovering that the elf diplomat renders elf ambushers trapvoid to traps built before his visit    >:(), and my military is full of utter badasses(Seriously, I have 5 legendary marksdorfs!). Now the question becomes, what should I do now? It seems the gobs don't want to travel the distance to my fort( they ARE listed on the civ menu, but I've only had one siege and exactly one ambush in the 7 years of the fort, and that was only one squad both times!). I've pissed off the elves into attacking me(of course!), but they've only sent one ambush,though this is the first year of their assault; maybe next year would be more hopeful for action!

But meanwhile, what should I do to relieve the boredom of waiting for the elves to show up? Clear the caverns? Start designing my welcome for the clowns? I ask you dear forumers for ideas on the question of what next!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: What Now?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:35:59 am »

'Accidentally' kill the most popular dwarf in the fort. !!FUN!! will happen.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:37:46 am »

abandon the fortress and adventure mode into it

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:41:14 am »

'Accidentally' kill the most popular dwarf in the fort. !!FUN!! will happen.

Heh, not hard, I'd just burrow him under the atom smasher/Bridge-A-Pault at the end of my dodge-me bridge. However, I've NO experience with dealing with tantrum spirals(Never had a fort far enough along, and have something bad happen to it), and I'm not looking to learn how with this fort(maybe next fort!).

abandon the fortress and adventure mode into it

Ummmm, no, I'm looking to continue this fort, but if and when I DO abandon(or get destroyed), that might be a possibility.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 08:43:05 am »

D: BUT WHAIIII!

Y U NO !!FUN!!

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:46:15 am »

Can't you use df fusion or something like that to make people attack you?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:50:53 am »

Use runesith to turn several of your war animals into zombies. And 1/10th of your dorfs/.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 10:35:09 am »

Or make kittens breath fire.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 10:54:47 am »

Usually setting up a build project relieves me of some boredom. You can try and make a trap that RELEASES HOT MAGMA UPON ATTACKERS.F*cking elves.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:15:39 am »

Create an Arena, and danger room train an army of hostiles to legendary, to pit against your Dorfs.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:13:31 pm »

make a fir tree using wood and any green stone you find, then decorate it with captured elf merchants (or get a war going, which may take some time). Finally, pump up magma to set the base of the tree on fire.

Or, you know, just build a giant statue to Armok and throw prisoners and animals off for fun
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Kylarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »

make a fir tree using wood and any green stone you find, then decorate it with captured elf merchants (or get a war going, which may take some time). Finally, pump up magma to set the base of the tree on fire.

Or, you know, just build a giant statue to Armok and throw prisoners and animals off for fun
This. Create a zoo for elves, rebuilding their native habitat out of wood. Then build a magma chute over top of it and hold them hostage.
You mean the ability to have endless training dummies, a carpet of eyestalks and tendrills, and a plant that both makes for some good grizzled sea man hard liquor AND the ability to turn your dwarves into the Night´s Watch...not reward enough?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 02:30:06 pm »

And don't forget to make the statue anatomically correct: dwarfes reproduce by spores, not the more conventional genital method. He also needs to be fitted out in adamantine armor and weaponry before being considered complete
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.