Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - no spots open  (Read 12651 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Spawn of Chronus: Outlanders - zero spots for now
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:52 pm »

Bael hesitated before answering. Following his emotions was generally a bad idea, but right now it seemed... Important.

"Well, you're working in one of the deepest mines of the nation. Miners work dangerously, and if you're feverish then maybe you should not work for a day or two. I wouldn't want you to slip and fall in a pit or something like that, and anyway you will be a better worker if you get some good rest and take some time to get rid of your fever."

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »

----Bael Delten----
"Er... will do, sir. I'm sorry if I've been a bother"
The man walks off, but the feeling didn't leave. Continuing with the inspection, thinking it was just mere paranoia, the feeling gets more and more faint, until it takes a sudden spike, and then trickles down to a small itch. By the time it had reached that point, the inspection was over.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 07:52:22 pm »

----Caer Baelian----
As the rain begins to pour down harder, nearly feeling like pebbles falling from the sky, you begin to ponder the sudden contention you feel. You were sure the harassment from the things came off as a bother to you. Then you remember the armored things. They called you a heathen, and it brought out anger. One of the things had on armor that was absolutely wonderful.
The rain was similar to blood when they attacked. But the attack had just happened. Your head hurts. As you look around, you notice a thing in a strange suit walk out of the hospital. You feel disgusted looking at it.
----Oza Al'Alasi----
As you saunter into the port office to get your ticket, you notice some guards posting up a closed sign. The sign says that unforeseen storms are grounding the airships. There are other ways to the island, but they're either incredibly dangerous, or too slow. You flash your credentials to the guards, and are allowed inside.
As you enter reception, you notice the airship pilots and some crewmen playing some card games while complaining about the lost hours. The managers are busy handling the angry customers. The only people free seem to be the receptionists, who seem to have finished sending out messages to clients who had reserved ships today.
----Nessara Idyll----
As you enter your hometown of Welsk, you feel a shudder in the breeze. You pick of the pace, and arrive at your friend's bakery. As you walk into the smell of pastries and loaves, you notice your friend behind the counter. As he turns around, you notice he's carrying around a sword now.
"How may I help you?"
----Roscow Illiad----
You follow the feeling you've been having since the pickpocket got away, and eventually catch him. He runs around a few corners, and you eventually hop a small wall, cutting him off before he can get away. He pulls a knife on you.
    Roscow
----character state----
Level: 0
Health: 75
Mana: 75
Experience: 0/80
-
Phys.Dmg: 4-20
Phys.Def: 134
Att.Spd: 1
ComboCap: 1
Crit.Rate: 0
    Thief
----character state----
Level: 2
Health: 150
Mana: 60
-
Phys.Dmg: 8-15
Phys.Def: 140
Att.Spd: 2
ComboCap: 2
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:00:34 pm by Lillipad »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 08:23:47 pm »

Oza stepped back out into the street. Ahh, there was nothing for it then...he figured the ships wouldn't move until tomorrow, anyway.

He momentarily had a vision in his mind of finding some mad sky captain with wild eyes, that would forge through the worst of the storm in her venerable old ship and get him to the island in time...he heard a clucking in his mind and smiled wryly.

"More than likely, your remains would end up spread over a large area of the ground, or the inside a sharks belly."
"That would be most unsettling."

Oza nodded, grinning.

"I agree. Most unsettling...well, you know, if we have some time..."

"Heh! We can give you some privacy lad. Go to her."
"It's been a bit too long, Brother-even for you."

Oza walked off toward the market district. Oza's friend and sometimes more than that, Elaina Copperfield, had her little flower shop tucked away in one of the back streets. He always knew where to find it...it had been a long road. Spirits could provide some companionship, but much like a man couldn't live on just bread and water, he needed something real to hold, to see...to touch.

He felt the spirits lulling themselves to sleep...except for the one, who had sullenly rose as the others faded.

The General. He was probably the coldest spirit sharing Ozas consciousness-not quite evil, but pretty damn close-the ultimate survivalist. Oza didn't like him...but he understood why he was there. Sometimes, when Oza couldn't bring himself to do...things...the General was there, ready to win at any cost.

"Stay on your guard, Oza...there's a tenseness in the air, I can feel it...call me when you get into trouble."

Oza felt the blackness in his mind fade as the spirits slept, or in some cases detached themselves altogether-most would return, but some of the minor spirits uttered small thanks, and left. They would keep drifting, he mused, looking for something....someone, maybe.

But thoughts like these never held him for long. Oza quickly put them aside for another time, and instead thought of Elaina. He wondered if she would be happy to see him. It had been awhile.

Action: Oza heads to the market district and find lodgings with his friend Elaina Copperfield
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »

Roscow weighs his options with a sigh. What had appeared to be some petty punk at first glance was actually quite formidable up close. The elf did not like his odds in a drawn out melee battle against this man, so instead he opts to bring magic into play.

Cast Time Speed on the thug, and try to wrestle the stolen documents from him while he is bewildered.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
You feel an unfamiliar surge of mana, and the thief starts stumbling around.
You try to wrestle him to the ground, but he recovers from hist stupor.
The thief attacks at you twice, but you manage to dodge both strikes.

----character state----
Health: 75
Mana: 75
-
    Thief
----character state----
Health: 150
-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 10:13:56 pm »

Nessara stepped back in surprise, her friend was a baker, but using a sword to cut bread was practically unethical-- not to mention expensive.

She greeted him with a wave of her hand and the mention of his name.

"Why are you armed on this wonderful day, friend? Remember me? Nessara Idyll? I've come back for a visit to see how everyone was, it's been a long time!" she said with a grin as she approached him.

Get answers to why he is armed.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 10:32:45 pm »

Roscow attempts to turn the tide of battle in his favor by calling in a Golem!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:50 pm »

Caer's head was reeling thinking of the events that never happened. Spotting the man exiting the hospital, he knew that something was wrong. He leisurely walked over to the man in the bizarre suit. It was almost as if the strands of colours that encircled his suit flowed against all reason, making the suit look odd. No, couldn't be. It had to be nothing. His head continued to spin in a blind flurry of pain. Something was wrong, but he couldn't tell what. He continued walking towards the figure, his feet sloshing on the wet grass as he walked.

He finally had reached the mysterious suited person. "Hello, I have an acutely bizarre query for you. Have we met before?" Caer scratched at his hair. "Something about you has led me to believe that I may know you, but I am unsure as to what."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:31 pm »

----Roscow Illiad----
You summon a rock golem.
The thief attacks you twice, once for 15 damage, and again for 11 for a total of 26 damage. Your armor blocks 7 damage.
The rock golem throws a punch, dealing 16 damage to the thief.

Roscow
----character state----
Health: 66/75
Mana: 55/75
-
        Roscow Golem
Health: 150/150
Mana: 45/45
Phys.Dmg: 10-16
Phys.Def: 200
    Thief
----character state----
Health: 134/150
-
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:12:47 pm by Lillipad »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

Roscow fires a bolt of light magic at the theif. "Lets see you fight without vision!"

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2012, 08:34:15 pm »

(You can put up more than one turn of combat actions.)
----Roscow Illiad----
You cast Blinding Burn on the thief, dealing 15 damage.
The thief stumbles around, blind.
Your golem punches the thief, dealing 11 damage.

Roscow
----character state----
Health: 66/75
Mana: 40/75
-
        Roscow Golem
Mana: 45/45
    Thief
----character state----
Health: 108/150
-
[/quote]

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »

Keep blinding and attempting to wrestle away the stolen goods until I kill him, die, or steal back the documents. When/If I get the documents, Run.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

(Time magic is about constructive use of the powers, but there is an actual combat system, unlike in Runners, so every time you try to improvise(in this case wrestle or steal) outside of time magic, you'll be auto-countered)
----Roscow Illiad----
You cast Blinding Burn on the thief, dealing 15 damage. He resists the blinding effect from the previous hit.
The thief continues stumbling from blindness.
The golem hits the thief for 16 damage.
You cast Blinding Burn on the thief, dealing 15 damage. The blindness is resisted again.
The thief recover from his blindness, and attacks twice, dealing 26 damage. Your armor resists 7.
The golem attacks the thief for 11 damage.
You try to wrestle the thief, but are countered for 20 damage. Your armor resists 6.
The golem slams its fists into the thief, dealing 34 damage.
The thief attacks twice, dealing 19 damage. Your armor resists 5.
You attack the thief with your mace, dealing 14 damage. The thief's armor resists 4.
The golem attacks the thief, dealing 13 damage.
The thief runs away.
-
The thief dropped a knife in his retreat.
You did not gain any experience from this fight.
You did not find any money dropped in the thief's retreat.
You cannot retrace the thief.

----Final States----
    Roscow
----character state----
Health: 20/75
Mana: 10/75
-
        Roscow Golem
Mana: 0/45
    Thief
----character state----
Health: 5/150
-

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:10 am »

>Enter the city and find a place to stay.

(Any plot events so far?)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20